(Official Thread) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - August 27th - $24 Pre-Order!! - Part 2

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jin scary

force melee deeps to go ranged deeps

i intend to stop at

DRG / MNK
PLD / WAR

dunno whether pig will hiam me in 2.2 :(

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score
Main job competition isn't what I'm talking about though, tanks and healers have to compete anyways. Most teams stack double bard and so I understand that part about main job gearing.

I'm speaking about alt gearing rationales. I think alt gearing should go according to most farm grp greeding rules, pick one and greed only that. If not everything FFA is pretty lame, then I can also greed everything everything it drops even if I don't have the job at the moment because technically anyone can level one later and regardless whether I'm going to play that job frequently or not.

Yong getting caster because there is an intention to double him as BLM in the future. What about Fizz? Does he have the intention to tank if need be, or when Nik/Mushi goes on vacation? Is he training and playing tanking for current contents and intent to play tank frequently in patch 2.2?

Like Mushi mentioned 2 weeks back, Frizz was intended to be the 3rd tank all the while. Just that he is a war and u went pld alt + recently the mains got their tank loots so die die will have competition one. unless ur alt is like my whm which no one is lvling.

Last edited:

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score
jin scary

force melee deeps to go ranged deeps

i intend to stop at

DRG / MNK
PLD / WAR

dunno whether pig will hiam me in 2.2 :(

no choice leh, like t5 having 2 melees + 1 ot whacking the dk while twister is coming is kinda dangerous

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like Mushi mentioned 2 weeks back, Frizz was intended to be the 3rd tank all the while. Just that he is a war and u went pld alt + recently the mains got their tank loots so die die will have competition one. unless ur alt is like my whm which no one is lvling.

Then I guess tanking has no place for me in this team and since I was taken in as a replacement bard I guess bard is my only role here.

Time for me to form a BC team where players play their next "main" role for farming then. Don't want to stuck as a BRD/DPS when 2.2 comes.

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score
Then I guess tanking has no place for me in this team and since I was taken in as a replacement bard I guess bard is my only role here.

Time for me to form a BC team where players play their next "main" role for farming then. Don't want to stuck as a BRD/DPS when 2.2 comes.

Like I say, Frizz went Warrior and u go Paladin. Tanking is always a 2 man job and we switch according depending on which job is missing when the situation comes at the moment. If you really intends to alt a tank as a serious role in the team, then u have to inform the team so we can prioritize the loot allocation like what I did for my whm.

And I am also a replacement for their original mage too.

Last edited:

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connection?

3ms ping 25mbps on Speedtest.
Direct out from homeplug, wifi from motherboard also same.

I ping jap server 98ms.
But I stand in town see pple running sometimes..u see they stop but suddenly tele/zoomed..go boss run will feel the diff.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like I say, Frizz went Warrior and u go Paladin. Tanking is always a 2 man job and we switch according depending on which job is missing when the situation comes at the moment. If you really intends to alt a tank as a serious role in the team, then u have to inform the team so we can prioritize the loot allocation like what I did for my whm.

Maybe spending my myth tomes on my PLD instead on my BLM (which I leveled earlier than PLD and anyways since Yong is doing it and you're also a caster and had more exp in BLM, no point) or on my DRG which is my first job isn't enough to show I'm into tanking eh? I'm also doing tanking to ferry people into other contents like CT farming like I did for the past 2 weeks.

Anyways I'm also not sure what's the team plans for 2.2. That time Nik and Mushi say want farm Garuda EX so whole team got a VIT ring to boost HP in case new content got some higher HP cap.. also do one night few runs all need to rest liao. No announcement on farming other days. End up I go form farming runs myself to get my own ring.

Unless I suey, 2.2 launch during my Tokyo trip, I'll probably be rushing to clear new contents and if Levi HM is sell-able, I'll looking forward to sell them and earn gil. Not really into things like treasure hunt and selling runs is more efficient to raise gil (treasure hunt is 60-70mins per run for 20k++ profits per pax while selling a run is 90-125k per pax for a 10-15mins job) and don't like the feeling of lagging behind others (took me on the 2nd week of 2.1 to clear Titan EX when I'm obviously experienced to clear on individual level - just couldn't find 7 others who could do the same) so that's one of the reason why I'm raising a tank for 2.2

Last edited:

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3ms ping 25mbps on Speedtest.
Direct out from homeplug, wifi from motherboard also same.

I ping jap server 98ms.
But I stand in town see pple running sometimes..u see they stop but suddenly tele/zoomed..go boss run will feel the diff.

Simi ISP?

I'm on stinktel, no special routing for gamers like VQ and MR is offering but no such problems..

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simi ISP?

I'm on stinktel, no special routing for gamers like VQ and MR is offering but no such problems..

M1 200mbps fibre but tested direct out from router can get 200+ home plug out will varies from 10 to 50

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe spending my myth tomes on my PLD instead on my BLM (which I leveled earlier than PLD and anyways since Yong is doing it and you're also a caster and had more exp in BLM, no point) or on my DRG which is my first job isn't enough to show I'm into tanking eh? I'm also doing tanking to ferry people into other contents like CT farming like I did for the past 2 weeks.

Anyways I'm also not sure what's the team plans for 2.2. That time Nik and Mushi say want farm Garuda EX so whole team got a VIT ring to boost HP in case new content got some higher HP cap.. also do one night few runs all need to rest liao. No announcement on farming other days. End up I go form farming runs myself to get my own ring.

Unless I suey, 2.2 launch during my Tokyo trip, I'll probably be rushing to clear new contents and if Levi HM is sell-able, I'll looking forward to sell them and earn gil. Not really into things like treasure hunt and selling runs is more efficient to raise gil (treasure hunt is 60-70mins per run for 20k++ profits per pax while selling a run is 90-125k per pax for a 10-15mins job) and don't like the feeling of lagging behind others (took me on the 2nd week of 2.1 to clear Titan EX when I'm obviously experienced to clear on individual level - just couldn't find 7 others who could do the same) so that's one of the reason why I'm raising a tank for 2.2

Actually no one can tell. There are too many ppl who just level another job and spend myth tomes cos they have nothing else to spend on and just use their tank job to get into dungeons faster.

I am waiting for the next live letter for more information about the new contents before discussing with the team again on the next move.

Cleared Titan on 2nd week is very fast liao leh.

Last edited:

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually no one can tell. There are too many ppl who just level another job and spend myth tomes cos they have nothing else to spend on and just use their tank job to get into dungeons faster.

Anyways I did sound out that I will go tanking weeks before already. My interest was initially on BLM, but you all say Yong will go BLM so I decided to give up BLM and went into tanking, I've also asked what Nik and Mushi don't need from BC so I can roll them. But both of them didn't tell me they already planned Fizz as the 3rd tank and told me just roll.

Cleared Titan on 2nd week is very fast liao leh.

If one can and has the caliber to clear on first week or even first few days, why not? :s22:

I think those who was once stuck at Titan EX knows this feeling of frustration when you yourself is obviously good enough to clear but you can't find 7 others who are as capable and end up keep wiping and wiping..

That night I clear Titan EX, immediately research on Ifrit EX, went in to DF twice for practice, and the 3rd DF cleared, same night kill Ifrit EX again for another time to confirm indeed understood the fight. That's like 1 hour plus to 2 hour job (with the Japanese of course, EN really mostly fail). Not say I hao lian or guai lan.. but really if can clear why want to wait weeks later? I rather stay ahead of the game and enjoy the benefits..

Those who sold runs first month collects 1-1.2mil per carry.. By the time I was recognized and invited to sell carries, pricing dropped nearly 50% liao :(

Last edited:

Raimp84

Reaction score
New player

Hi guys!

Just picked up the game (kinda late to the party i know..) and wanted to introduce myself and find some friends to play with =)

Have never tried a Japanese MMO before but used to play WoW extensively where I raided pretty intensively in Vanilla and Cata with breaks inbetween due to studying/career commitments.. Happily, since changing jobs, I seem to have alot more time to work with and was looking for a decent game to play when i came across this! Scanned this thread for abit and noticed that the bulk of you are on the Tonberry server. Just created a toon there and wanted to ask you guys for suggestion on what class/jobs I should start with. I usually stuck with tanking roles in WoW but am open to try something different. Appreciate any advice whatsover!

Cheers and thanks!

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just picked up the game (kinda late to the party i know..) and wanted to introduce myself and find some friends to play with =)

Have never tried a Japanese MMO before but used to play WoW extensively where I raided pretty intensively in Vanilla and Cata with breaks inbetween due to studying/career commitments.. Happily, since changing jobs, I seem to have alot more time to work with and was looking for a decent game to play when i came across this! Scanned this thread for abit and noticed that the bulk of you are on the Tonberry server. Just created a toon there and wanted to ask you guys for suggestion on what class/jobs I should start with. I usually stuck with tanking roles in WoW but am open to try something different. Appreciate any advice whatsover!

Cheers and thanks!

This game need more good tanks. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.