HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PC Show 2011 Coverage: ISP Deals - broadband, mobile plans, etc.

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Administrator

Singtel

Singtel's booth at Level 6 was abuzz with shoppers checking out mobile and broadband promos. Remember to get your queue ticket if you plan to purchase or subscribe any of Singtel's products or services.

Singtel's 15Mbps mio Home plan is going for $64.90 per month. It also comes with a free 1.5Mbps mobile broadband plan with any mio Home subscription. On top of that, get 20 percent off a Panasonic Twin DECT phone (worth $89) when you sign up for any mio Home plan at the PC Show.

Thinking of snagging a Samsung Galaxy S? The industrious Android phone is yours for $238 with the 3G Flexi Lite AMPed plan. PC Show exclusives include a Samsung Bluetooth headset and Angry Bird plush toy.

If you are making the switch to fibre, you might want to checkout Singtel's fibre plans. The 100Mbps and 150Mbps (download rates) plans are priced at $69.90 and $85.90 respectively. Sign up during the show and you also get to enjoy a 1-month free subscription to Singtel's Express Portal.

Tablets from major brands are covered by Singtel as well. Spotted at the PC Show are deals involving the HTC Flyer and Motorola Xoom. Both Android tablets are priced at $499 if you subscribe to Singtel's 7.2Mbps Mobile Broadband plan at $40 per month.

The blistering fast 200Mbps fibre plan comes with a free integrated wireless modem. On top of that, you also entitled to the 1.5Mbps Mobile Broadband plan and free installation when you sign up with any mio Home plan during the show.

Even Singtel's mascot was there at the Suntec Convention Centre to join in the fun!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #2

StarHub

Sign a 2-year contract with StarHub under its SmartSurf 300 plan, and you can purchase the LG Optimus Black for just $48. This Android 2.2 smartphone will be upgradeable to Android 2.3, and comes with a LG's Nova display for enhanced brightness.

More dual-core smartphones are spotted, and StarHub is offering the Motorola Atrix with its multimedia dock for $148. All you have to do is sign up for a SmartSurf 700 plan for 2 years.

Tablets are really making its presence felt, and the first tablet to use Google's Android 3.0, the Motorola Xoom, is subsidized by StarHub with a 2-year plan for its 7.2Mbps mobile broadband plan at $47.29 per month. And that lets you purchase the Motorola Xoom at $348 only.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #3

M1

To get the free HP Pavilion G4 Notebook PC, you can sign up for the fibre broadband 25Mbps and Mobile Value Plan at $59.90/mth or cable broadband 100Mbps and mobile broadband 7.2Mbps at $87.89/mth. It is a 24-month contract. The HP laptop comes with Intel Core i5-2410M processor 2.3GHz, 2GB RAM and 500GB HDD.

M1 offers an exciting deal with a free 40-inch full HD LED Samsung SmartTV when you sign up for the fibre broadband 50Mbps and mobile value plan at $99.67/mth for two years. The Samsung SmartTV features ultra clear panel, Smart Hub - Samsung Apps and a FHD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.

You can get the Motorola Xoom at a special price of $499 when you sign up a two-year contract with M1's mobile broadband 7.2Mbps plan at $40 per month. The Motorola Xoom is the world's first Android 3.0 tablet and runs on a dual-core processor.

Senior Tech Writer (HardwareZone)
Any exclusive info related to mobile, please do not hesitate to reach out to me! (:
Email me at sidneyw@sph.com.sg
Old 12-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #4

Is the HP Pavilion G4 Notebook PC good enough for gaming??
Old 12-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Administrator

Basic gaming only.

What would you like to use it for?

Is the HP Pavilion G4 Notebook PC good enough for gaming??
Old 12-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

no macbook pro at this pc show? Thats a shame.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
Master Member

no macbook pro at this pc show? Thats a shame.
i thought they have???? it's bundled together with the 10mbps thingy

EDIT: it's confirm have.. next time double check ok? lol

Last edited by Modd-36; 12-06-2011 at 06:13 PM..
Old 13-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #8

I queue for 5 HOURS at Starhub wanting to get the Fibre BroadBand but to my HORROR... I was told that I NEED to change mt Home Line to Starhub... Can someone confirm on that...
Old 13-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I queue for 5 HOURS at Starhub wanting to get the Fibre BroadBand but to my HORROR... I was told that I NEED to change mt Home Line to Starhub... Can someone confirm on that...
u can use their net without the phone line.

"mt home line to starhub" means what??
Old 13-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #10

Yes, I was told that as well, but for my case I am already with maxonline, so they can use back my current digital phone line.

I still feel very much cheated by the staffs in Suntec and also the CSO at SH hotline. They told me that only recontract at Suntec then can waive the installation and activation fees($53.50 + $32.10).
Recontract over the phone or at other retail will need to pay the $85.60.

To my HORROR, just double check the flyers from OpenNet, the $85.60 will be waived. SO I QUEUED FOR 4 HOURS BECAUSE I WAS MISLEADED BY THE STAFFS FROM SH ON THE "SAVINGS".
Old 13-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #11

Yes, I was told that as well, but for my case I am already with maxonline, so they can use back my current digital phone line.

I still feel very much cheated by the staffs in Suntec and also the CSO at SH hotline. They told me that only recontract at Suntec then can waive the installation and activation fees($53.50 + $32.10).
Recontract over the phone or at other retail will need to pay the $85.60.

To my HORROR, just double check the flyers from OpenNet, the $85.60 will be waived. SO I QUEUED FOR 4 HOURS BECAUSE I WAS MISLEADED BY THE STAFFS FROM SH ON THE "SAVINGS".
I will be going to Starhub AGAIN to Question about this... Wasted my time loh... Cant i transfer my current Home Line to Starhub just like how U can Retain the Current Mobile Number while U switch Telco???
Old 13-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #12

u can use their net without the phone line.

"mt home line to starhub" means what??
... I know... BUT i am signing up for FIBRE!!! I am a current MaxOnline user already...
Old 13-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Master Member

unless you dont mind having 2 home lines then i guess it should be ok cos my house is having both st homeline n sh homeline (when they introduced free digital voice modem and upgraded the modem as well)
Old 13-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

... I know... BUT i am signing up for FIBRE!!! I am a current MaxOnline user already...
seriously i catch no ball on what u talking.

is there such a thing call "mt" phone line?

u can have no line attach on the RG.
so what u complaining now?
u seem so blur n type so much senseless issue?

ur initial post only say u queue 5hr and the MT line issue.
so do u know what u speaking with that 2 piece of half cook info and expect ppl to understand? well done.
Old 14-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #15

I will be going to Starhub AGAIN to Question about this... Wasted my time loh... Cant i transfer my current Home Line to Starhub just like how U can Retain the Current Mobile Number while U switch Telco???
I never switch.
I am currently on SH maxonline with free digital home line.
I just ask them to use back my current digital home line number when I signed up for the Fibre BB.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.