Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #796
Master Member

That was months ago, during their launch event
Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #797
Supremacy Member

still hesitating whether to sign for the MR (PURE) or M1 ($79-with mobile plan plus hp sleekbook). both are 24mths 100mbps.
the 1000min outgoing digital voice is i will most probably exceed usage.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #798
Arch-Supremacy Member

what they said is true mah.
if red, green, orange mass-market fiber, their legacy plans not in use.
want to tear down, also difficult.
so tahan for as long as possible before it's worth it to tear down.
legacy network very hard to reclaim back.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #799
Master Member

who owns My Republic?
Our 3 founders + a number of individual private investors.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #800
Master Member

Heh, I think the title of that article adds more drama than what actually went down.

Although quite a few people seem to be telling a different story versus their official statement - just saying
e.g. https://twitter.com/auturmis/status/179806952589766657
Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #801
Supremacy Member

The 1k minutes looks like a deal breaker le
If charged per sec not so bad..but per minute..
fully agree..........
Old 08-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #802
Master Member

still hesitating whether to sign for the MR (PURE) or M1 ($79-with mobile plan plus hp sleekbook). both are 24mths 100mbps.
the 1000min outgoing digital voice is i will most probably exceed usage.
I'd suggest looking at your own internet use to help decide Our networks are not designed the same way - not all 100Mbps plans are equal.

If you do a lot of p2p downloads - for example, we can assure you we don't throttle torrents.

Example of how 100Mbps fibre broadband networks compare (note M1 speed vs. ours): http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...16-post20.html

We also invest more in managing a low network contention ratio as well as a traffic prioritization system. Such that during peak hour, you will still get guaranteed good performance speeds for video streaming, etc.

Hope that helps and thank you for the feedback We will definitely look into improving our Voice product in the future.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #803
Supremacy Member

Its true lah. I called Starhub 2x when my MOL contract expired, asking for promo or incentive for recontact. CSO never mentioned/recommend anything about fiber. Keep pushing me to re-contract MOL at higher subscription rate. Call back from their sales department also same.
Not to mention I already specifically ask them if MaxInfinity got any promotion compared to MOL.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #804
Master Member

How about for foreigners (SPR)...
We tend to relocate since we do not own a house in S'pore.

Disconnection fee is $48.15
Relocation fee is $160.50 ??
Hello! Just to clarify: Disconnection fee is if you terminate your MyRepublic service completely.

Relocation fee is correct but to continue the contract at your new place, it has to be at least 12 months remaining in your contract for it to carry over.
aqua.water likes this.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #805

If not wrong, MR is new services provider in singapore. could you advise me why subcrip to MR, why not starhub and Singtel, the price almost is same
Old 08-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #806

Actually I'm torn between ST and MR.

I was offered a $49.90 plan which include free installation, free router and free ONT, and a home fixed line. But need to pay a $53.50 for activation. But then I can opt for an analog fixed line instead of a digital one. For my family, an analog line is impt cos we do not want any disruptions from faulty routers, power maintenance or outage as some of us are without any handphones. Also, the TP is quite a distance away from our ideal place to place the phone.

I believe singtel is the only provider which can offer bundled fibre plan with analog fixed line (correct me if I'm wrong). But i cancelled the offer cos I am very unhappy with ST attitude towards their existing customers.

If MR can offer me a bundled plan with analog line, I will quickly jump ship already without hesitation...Now if I were to take up MR, I still have to pay the analog line... haiz...
Old 08-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #807
Master Member

Actually I'm torn between ST and MR.

I was offered a $49.90 plan which include free installation, free router and free ONT, and a home fixed line. But need to pay a $53.50 for activation. But then I can opt for an analog fixed line instead of a digital one. For my family, an analog line is impt cos we do not want any disruptions from faulty routers, power maintenance or outage as some of us are without any handphones. Also, the TP is quite a distance away from our ideal place to place the phone.

I believe singtel is the only provider which can offer bundled fibre plan with analog fixed line (correct me if I'm wrong). But i cancelled the offer cos I am very unhappy with ST attitude towards their existing customers.

If MR can offer me a bundled plan with analog line, I will quickly jump ship already without hesitation...Now if I were to take up MR, I still have to pay the analog line... haiz...
Hi there. Understand your concerns about digital voice line. Can suggest a couple of things.

Our Home Voice is connected to the router, not the TP - and then you have your phone + wire that's connected to the line so you can have your phone in another room away from the TP no problem i.e.:

TP --- ONT ----- Router -------- Voice adaptor ----------------------- Phone

Unlike Singtel we also don't restrict you to use our provided router (and unlike other ISPs we don't charge monthly rental fees for using it, it's yours free). So you could have a second back-up router in case anything happens to it. Swap routers is easy with MyRepublic.

Our 100Mbps network is also different from Singtel if you're interested in comparing internet experiences. Not all 100Mbs plans are the same!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #808
Master Member

Hi there. Understand your concerns about digital voice line. Can suggest a couple of things.

Our Home Voice is connected to the router, not the TP - and then you have your phone + wire that's connected to the line so you can have your phone in another room away from the TP no problem i.e.:

TP --- ONT ----- Router -------- Voice adaptor ----------------------- Phone

Unlike Singtel we also don't restrict you to use our provided router (and unlike other ISPs we don't charge monthly rental fees for using it, it's yours free). So you could have a second back-up router in case anything happens to it. Swap routers is easy with MyRepublic.

Our 100Mbps network is also different from Singtel if you're interested in comparing internet experiences. Not all 100Mbs plans are the same!
Let me ask a difficult question on his behalf.

How often does MR have planned outages on its network? During the outage the digital line goes kaput right?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #809
Supremacy Member

I'd suggest looking at your own internet use to help decide Our networks are not designed the same way - not all 100Mbps plans are equal.

If you do a lot of p2p downloads - for example, we can assure you we don't throttle torrents.

Example of how 100Mbps fibre broadband networks compare (note M1 speed vs. ours): http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...16-post20.html

We also invest more in managing a low network contention ratio as well as a traffic prioritization system. Such that during peak hour, you will still get guaranteed good performance speeds for video streaming, etc.

Hope that helps and thank you for the feedback We will definitely look into improving our Voice product in the future.
Thank you, Lawrence! I'll leaning towards MR
Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #810
Banned

Its true lah. I called Starhub 2x when my MOL contract expired, asking for promo or incentive for recontact. CSO never mentioned/recommend anything about fiber. Keep pushing me to re-contract MOL at higher subscription rate. Call back from their sales department also same.
Not to mention I already specifically ask them if MaxInfinity got any promotion compared to MOL.
i'm not putting down the purple but merely bring up for awareness. actually, i'm more keen to find out information of the owner of MR. anyway, my mind already made up on who i'm supporting....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.