HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Help] Problem detecting usb mouse on boot - Razer Naga!

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #1

[Help] Problem detecting usb mouse on boot - Razer Naga!

anyone got this problem? I've problem detecting my razer naga, upon booting, always have to plug it out and in again to gt Win7 detecting it, never had any problem with my diamondback 3G, krait etc.

Anyone with solutions? I have reinstall the driver a lot of times already! Is it a mouse problem?

TIA
alvino77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 02:00 AM   #2

oh yeah btw, i've tried other usb ports, same scenario. the razer kb got lighted, but mouse didn't. until full boot also no light.

legacy usb mouse and kb in BIOS has been enabled all along.
Old 17-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
AS1
High Supremacy Member

anyone got this problem? I've problem detecting my razer naga, upon booting, always have to plug it out and in again to gt Win7 detecting it, never had any problem with my diamondback 3G, krait etc.

Anyone with solutions? I have reinstall the driver a lot of times already! Is it a mouse problem?

TIA
whats the hardware you are using?

sometimes need to disable boot from usb option if relevant.
Old 17-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Hey bro, same problem when i tried it... Probably a bug that requires a firmware fix.
Old 17-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

cold boot issues???

firmware flash is your best choice....

does it only happen when you boot your comp up for the first time in the day? then subsequent reboots are all fine?
ionicle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 02:12 AM   #6

whats the hardware you are using?

sometimes need to disable boot from usb option if relevant.
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, i7 920

Hey bro, same problem when i tried it... Probably a bug that requires a firmware fix.
no latest firmware for razer naga liao. its already the latest version.

cold boot issues???

firmware flash is your best choice....

does it only happen when you boot your comp up for the first time in the day? then subsequent reboots are all fine?
everytime i reboot with a complete shutdown.

BTW, more info is, i have tried it with another PC, can work perfectly without problem, isolated the issue on the mouse. What might be wrong?

I have a ext powered USB hub, by plugging into it like an extension hub, the mouse can boot/detect normally, the problem still lies with plugging directly to the MB.

any directions?
Old 18-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Might be mobo issues.
Old 19-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #8

I have the same motherboard and the same mouse, currently using windows XP.
I also have the same problem.

Sometimes the mouse will give a quick flash immediately as the machine powers up, then the bios kicks in and nothing, until you unplug/replug etc.
The mouse does not power up whether from a reset, hard boot or reboot.

Gigabyte have limited driver/bios updates.
Alvino77 reckons it works ok through a usb hub, and I've read elsewhere that it works through a Usb>Ps2 connector, and that the fault is with certain mobo's that don't support certain usb boards.
Adornay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #9

Aparrently this firmware 1.07 update works.
Just installed it, about to reboot.
http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...emid=393&nav=0
Old 19-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #10

thanks for the update Adornay.

fellow Naga users, do you feel your Naga generate quite significant amount of heat even on idle. wonder whether its my copy has problem or its design flaw?

I've never encountered any mouse generating heat from it board or lasers.
Old 19-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #11

The firmware update hasn't worked for me.
Old 19-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #12

The firmware update hasn't worked for me.
damn! what a shame ! Razer has been launching a lot of new mice... their quality seemed to have dropped a lot.
Old 19-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #13

Woohoo got it working.

Here is how I did it.
Downloaded the firmware updater 1.07.
Ran the program and it asks you to plug the mouse in bootloader mode (unplug, hold down left/middle/right mouse buttons and plug back in).
Your pc will then detect the mouse as a "freescale JM60 bootloader", this is the bit that was tricky.
1) I installed the freescale driver, then updated the firmware through the razer software, rebooted, this did not work.
Unplugged, plugged back in (with 3 buttons held down), machine detected freescale bootloader again asking for driver files.
2) Installed the freescale driver by pointing it to the c:\program files\razer\naga\firmware updater\bootloader\ directory, it appeared to install fine, updated the mouse, rebooted, still did not work.

3) I then unplugged the mouse, held down the 3 mouse buttons and plugged back in (machine detected freescale bootloader again asking for driver files), installed the freescale drivers, using the keyboard I went to device manager and updated the freescale bootloader driver (from c:\program files\razer\naga\firmware updater\bootloader\), installed ok.
I then unplugged the mouse, held down the 3 buttons, plugged back in and machine auto installed the freescale bootloader driver automatically this time without asking for the driver files.
Installed the firmware, rebooted, mouse is now detected by windows on boot up.
Still does not power up on boot, but at least it's working without having to swap ports.

Last edited by Adornay; 19-02-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Old 19-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #14

good that you get it working. lucky i got it to work on the 1st try, only did 1 x 3 simultaneous click. and update and it's fixed!

Woohoo got it working.

Here is how I did it.
Downloaded the firmware updater 1.07.
Ran the program and it asks you to plug the mouse in bootloader mode (unplug, hold down left/middle/right mouse buttons and plug back in).
Your pc will then detect the mouse as a "freescale JM60 bootloader", this is the bit that was tricky.
1) I installed the freescale driver, then updated the firmware through the razer software, rebooted, this did not work.
Unplugged, plugged back in (with 3 buttons held down), machine detected freescale bootloader again asking for driver files.
2) Installed the freescale driver by pointing it to the c:\program files\razer\naga\firmware updater\bootloader\ directory, it appeared to install fine, updated the mouse, rebooted, still did not work.

3) I then unplugged the mouse, held down the 3 mouse buttons and plugged back in (machine detected freescale bootloader again asking for driver files), installed the freescale drivers, using the keyboard I went to device manager and updated the freescale bootloader driver (from c:\program files\razer\naga\firmware updater\bootloader\), installed ok.
I then unplugged the mouse, held down the 3 buttons, plugged back in and machine auto installed the freescale bootloader driver automatically this time without asking for the driver files.
Installed the firmware, rebooted, mouse is now detected by windows on boot up.
Still does not power up on boot, but at least it's working without having to swap ports.
Old 19-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #15

good that you get it working. lucky i got it to work on the 1st try, only did 1 x 3 simultaneous click. and update and it's fixed!
Yeah I think our differences will be down to me using XP and you using windows 7.
In XP after 3 attempts at getting windows to install and remember the device tna, I had to go into device manager and force install the driver through driver updates.
Where as windows 7 probably bypasses this issue, by actually installing the freescale driver and remembering it.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.