HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Can 2 keyboards be connected to a PC at the same time

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #1

Can 2 keyboards be connected to a PC at the same time

I have both a Razer Deathstalker and Blackwidow keyboard. Although I don't use them at the same time, I swop between the two. But rather than disconnect one when using the other, can both be permanently connected to the PC? Both uses Razer's Synapse 2.0 software and I can see both keyboard models indicated in Synapse's main menu. I can toggle between the 2 to change their settings, software-wise. But will this arrangement pose any problem or damage to the keyboards or the PC?
artyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Master Member

I have both a Razer Deathstalker and Blackwidow keyboard. Although I don't use them at the same time, I swop between the two. But rather than disconnect one when using the other, can both be permanently connected to the PC? Both uses Razer's Synapse 2.0 software and I can see both keyboard models indicated in Synapse's main menu. I can toggle between the 2 to change their settings, software-wise. But will this arrangement pose any problem or damage to the keyboards or the PC?
no problem I use 2 keyboard and 3 mouses @ the same time
kashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Great Supremacy Member

Why would you want to use 2 keyboards ?
skyline72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Master Member

Why would you want to use 2 keyboards ?
In my case, I have 2 monitors side by side. I frequently move from the left screen to the right screen. With 2 keyboards, I use the left keyboard for the left screen and the right keyboard for the right screen. Oh.. I also have a left mouse and a right mouse.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #5

Thanks guys, nice to know that there are others using multiple input devices like me. The Deathstalker is my main general-purpose keyboard while the Blackwidow is my heavy typing keyboard. Always wanted to experience mechanical keyboards which everyone is raving about. The irony is that i actually type faster on the low profile non-mechanical keyboard..
artyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #6

Is there any reason why you don't want to use 1 kb and mouse control both monitors?
taker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Connected both a cheapo Logitech and CM Storm QFR with no problems
Ark Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
Master Member

Is there any reason why you don't want to use 1 kb and mouse control both monitors?
My applications are running on the left screen and the right screen. If I put the keyboard in the middle, I will have to turn my neck left or right. This will cause a strain on my neck. If I put it on the left, then when I need to use the application on the right, I will have to move the keyboard to the right. This is too troublesome as I do this many times a day.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

My applications are running on the left screen and the right screen. If I put the keyboard in the middle, I will have to turn my neck left or right. This will cause a strain on my neck. If I put it on the left, then when I need to use the application on the right, I will have to move the keyboard to the right. This is too troublesome as I do this many times a day.
trading system?
haylui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:11 AM   #10

But will this arrangement pose any problem or damage to the keyboards or the PC?
what danger u thinking of ?
they're just usb devices which just happen to be keyboards.
shouldnt have any problem.

2 mouses work fine too, 3 or more keyboards should work also...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.