HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help on which Razor Mouse to buy?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #1

Need help on which Razor Mouse to buy?

Hi Bros! Can anyone tell me which mouse is the best for me other than the Lechesis? It's too exp for me, I'm thinking of Death Adder, but i love the feeling of Diamond - Back.
InkedPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

are you a CnC3 fan? they are bundling the expansion for CnC3 with a death adder... and the price is good... $89
KWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #3

cant really tell u whats best for you man

i use both, deathadder is bigger and archs higher for my big hands, small hands would definitely have difficulty holding the whole mouse

gaming wise, i really dont feel any differencexD
Nicky198u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #4

Hi Bros! Can anyone tell me which mouse is the best for me other than the Lechesis? It's too exp for me, I'm thinking of Death Adder, but i love the feeling of Diamond - Back.
then get the laser diamondback
urfaceisabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #5

Just got the copperhead. Very nice! too many things to customise

On query... anyone knows what does windows button 4 and 5 does??
yehosaphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #6

copperhead ex right? diamondback and deathadder also got alot of buttons what o.o

u can customise 4 and 5 to whatever u want with the razer program.

When web surfing 4 and 5 can Back and Forward the pages^^
Old 27-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #7

Ya i dun mean i got the copperhead becos of the customizable buttons la.. its the feel...

Thats my qn, how do you configure button 4 and 5? say to back and forward for webpages?
yehosaphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 01:23 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

i use those 2 buttons for changing views when in chopper in bf2 :/
noobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #9

you got download the driver and software for your copperhead?

i thought the back and forward is default for 4/5 ?o.o both my mouses can do that on default
Old 27-02-2008, 01:51 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

habu !!!!!!
Old 27-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

get death adder bah...sound nice

Short term plan: Hoot cash
DO_hum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 05:22 AM   #12

if ur right handed, get the death adder u wun regret. if u wan laser engine go for habu. both habu and DA same design
Antillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #13

Hi there, for a good gaming mouse, there are a few brands to start with, but my advance, or before-hand tip is, any gaming mouse would be good, once you shape it to something comfortable to you, just don't buy a mouse because of its looks, and then complain when you find that it's not comfortable or compatible to what you are using it for.

Let's start on the Razer Brand
Razer Krait - $42
- built as the entry-level mouse for Razer currently, since Razer Viper and Razer Boomslang(The older series doesn't exist anymore), it is a good mouse or otherwise, "sufficient" mouse for games like DotA, or RTS based games. It works well with FPS games as well if you are the low-sensitivity type of user. It has a DPI of 1200.

Razer Diamondback(Normal/Plasma)(Pricing differ on the versions) - $56 - $69
- built as the "popular mid-range gaming mouse" for most FPS gamers, such as Counterstrike 1.6 and Counterstrike source, it is still very popular in Singapore, and very sellable. It features a DPI of 1600 and works well on DotA if you can get used to the sensitivity.

Razer Diamondback 3G - $74 - $79
- An improved version of the original Diamondback, it uses a "3G" sensor, and comes with a DPI of 1800. Similarly it has the same specifications as the Deathadder in terms of mouse-technical specifications, and would be a great choice if you are a user playing FPS games alot, and is quite a popular choice as well, if you want to upgrade from a old Razer mouse to a new one, yet keeping a budget of let's say $80.

Razer DeathAdder - $79 - $89 ($74 at Computex Computing Services a.k.a Ah Lim's Shop in UPPR SRNGN Shopping Centre)
- The current most popular choice in Singapore for a Razer Mouse, the Deathadder was released not long ago and came to be the most popular mouse worldwide of the Razer brand, it is the prime choice for a lot of professional, competitive and casual gamers. Since your budget is $100, this would be the prime choice I recommend to you.

2nd Mouse Company : Logitech Brand
Logitech MX518 - $54 - $58 (can be even at $50 and below if you bargain or look at different shops)
- The Logitech Gaming Mouse with a DPI of 1600, and a 2nd version with a DPI of 1800, it is a very popular mouse if you have a preference for macro buttons on your mouse. The number of macro buttons you can configure is guaranteed to satisfy your needs, and is a top choice for those who wants to get a mouse with "on-the-fly" sensitivity, meaning you can easily change your sensitivity based on DPI, just with a few clicks of a button in-game or out-of-game as well. It is very suited for FPS and RTS gamers as a mid-range, good build, mid-priced gaming mouse.

Logitech G3 : $89
- A gaming mouse with the design of the G1 Gaming Mouse, its predecessor, it is a very standard yet excellent gaming mouse with a DPI of 2000, and very competitive against the Razer Copperhead, which is not a very good Razer Mouse I would recommend. The design follow a general mouse shape, and is not like the Razer series Mouses, which focus on a very unique shape for some of the mouses under the branding.

Let's look at the big guns, Microsoft
- Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 - $44.50 - $69.00
- a.k.a the "legendary gaming mouse" for professional gamers, it is a product that made Microsoft extremely popular in the gaming department franchise. With only a DPI of 400, it was very suitable for FPS gamers who play on low-sensitivity, yet seek a high level of comfort while using the mouse for gaming. I highly recommend that you put this mouse on 2nd priority if you are interested, or if you plan to go competitive for any PC games, this is a mouse of the prime choice and also at an affordable range.

If you noticed, Microsoft focused heavily on ergonomics, or the "comfort" level of the users in the Microsoft Hardware, and proved to be very successful in their products.

Maybe I will write down a budget list of those who pursue gaming equipments easily for referencing.

Mouse
$50 & Below
- Razer Krait : $42 - $45
- Logitech MX518 : $40 - $55
- Microsoft IE 3.0 a.k.a Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 : $44.50 - $69.00

$70 & Below
- Razer Diamondback - $55
- Razer Diamondback Plasma - $65 - $69
- Microsoft IE 3.0 - $44.50 - $69.00
- Everglide t-1000 Gaming Mouse - $60

$90 & Below
- Razer Deathadder(My Prime Recommendation) - $74 - $89
- Razer Diamondback 3G - $69 - $79
- Logitech G3 Gaming Mouse - $80 - $89

$120 & Below
- Razer Lachesis - $119
- Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse - $109 - $119

$150 & Below
- Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse - $129
- Logitech G9 - $139 - $149

Are there gaming - grade mouses that may be coming to Singapore soon that I should wait for ?

The answer is Yes.

A company called Steelseries has manufactured Steelseries Ikari, a optical and a laser version of the mouse. It has high recommendations from pro-gamers if you want to compete competitively in PC games.
Quoted from this thread: Mouse recommendation....
BroTherHooDJz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
Master Member

are you a CnC3 fan? they are bundling the expansion for CnC3 with a death adder... and the price is good... $89
the cnc3 bundle looks very attractive, considering the SRP for the original death adder is $89..
yauchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #15

Hmmm... Do you have more info on the CnC3 bundle thingy?
fongwk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.