Single Function Colour Laser Printer

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #1

Single Function Colour Laser Printer

Hi all,

I've been researching on the net and reading past threads about colour laser printers and learnt a few technical terms. I understand that most would recommend the Fuji Xerox CM205b for it's reliability but it's price of SGD499 is a little on the steep side and furthermore, I would really just need a single function colour laser.

I've narrowed down a few colour laser printers and would like your feedback about it namely, the Canon LASER SHOT LBP5050 versus Canon imageCLASS LBP7018c. I did a spec comparison between them on Canon's website and can't really tell which is better from the comparisons. Both are SGD299.

A few difference I see from them is that the Laser Shot is
1)slighty smaller
2)has lesser paper output 125 vs the imageClass's 150
3) Print Speed (Colour) 8ppm vs imageClass's 4ppm
4) Print Speed (Monochrome) 12ppm vs imageClass's16ppm
5)Resolution (dpi) (Up to) 9600x 600 imageClass's 2400x600

Is the selling point here the Resolution?

I would also like to seek all your advice regarding the cost per page and drum & toner replacements [did a search on third-party Cartridge for 316 KCMY for the lasershot (SGD150 for the set) but can't seem to find any for 329 Cartridge used by the imageclass].

-edit another selling point of the Lasershot is that it doesn't require drum replacement unlike the Imageclass. I quote "That compact design is partly due to the fact that the LBP5050 has all-in-one toner cartridges, whereas most other colour laser printers have an image drum that will eventually need replacing."

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by cntotheblue; 01-03-2012 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: added new info
cntotheblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Banned

Hi there

May I know what are the functions which you need for a Color Laser Printer?

Thanks.
Momentum-Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #3

Hi yea I just need the print function only. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #4

Hi yea I just need the print function only. Thanks!
Get Fuji Xerox CP105b (print only) $329 retail price)

4 years warranty compared to canon 2 years

Print out nicer. Canon 600 x 600 dpi vs FX 1200 vs 2400 dpi

Drums covered under warranty, starting drum 30k page yield. Finish or spoilt, call Fuji Xerox support to get it replaced free.

Toners can get from us as our toners are up to 99% accurate print out quality compared to original + we have 6 months warranty haha.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #5

Hi thanks for the recommendation, I've decided to get the Fuji Xerox CP105b from the IT Show. Just a quick question, will the 4 year warranty by Fuji Xerox be voided if we use third party toner?
Old 19-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #6

Questions about warranty - http://onlinesupport.fujixerox.com/s...kto_GSQ_Ans1_9

Alternatives to genuine Fuji Xerox Consumables, Parts and Supplies are available to customers in many locations around the world. Customers have the right to purchase and use the Consumables, Parts and Supplies of their choice; however, Fuji Xerox is not responsible for performance problems or product failures found in its printers that are caused by Non-Fuji Xerox Consumables, Parts and Supplies use.

The cost to repair damage or performance problems that directly results from the use of Non-Fuji Xerox Consumables, Parts and Supplies in Fuji Xerox machines is not covered by the Fuji Xerox Warranty, Service Agreement, Parts Warranty, or Consumables Warranty.

Presence of Non-Fuji Xerox Consumables, Parts and Supplies in or in the area of the printer is not proof that damage or performance problems were caused by its use. Proof must be positive identification of the cause of the damage or performance problem and attributed to the use of the Non-Fuji Xerox Consumables, Parts and Supplies.

Use of Non-Fuji Xerox Consumables, Parts and Supplies does not void the Fuji Xerox product warranty or service agreement. However, customers are ultimately responsible for reimbursing Fuji Xerox and its representatives for all costs associated with repairing the damage or performance problem that is determined to be caused by the use of Non-Fuji Xerox Consumables, Parts and Supplies.

Nope it would not be void
Old 15-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #7

hi cntotheblue, i also need a single function color laser. how was the CP105b? is it network? from the specs seems like it's only USB.

would need a network printer..
uplinkhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #8

hi cntotheblue, i also need a single function color laser. how was the CP105b? is it network? from the specs seems like it's only USB.

would need a network printer..
CP105b is USB only

You can consider CP205 - this one have network function

or CP205w - with network and wireless function
Old 21-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #9

CP105b is USB only

You can consider CP205 - this one have network function

or CP205w - with network and wireless function
Decided to go for the Brother*HL-3040CN cos of 3 year on-site warranty..
noynidelapena likes this.
Old 21-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #10

fuji xerox 4 years on-site haha but all the best
Old 21-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #11

Woah serious? In that case anyone who got this printer can help me check hor, can I open the rear jam door and let the paper go straight through? For example print those thicker postcard cannot bend..

I see the tech manual says need to pull down 2 clips that's why end up I eliminated this model from my list..
Old 21-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #12

Went to ask a shop, say cannot have a straight pass-through for Fuji Xerox one.. So back to Brother..
Old 21-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #13

Went to ask a shop, say cannot have a straight pass-through for Fuji Xerox one.. So back to Brother..
Ya cannot fuji xerox max is 163 gsm paper nia
Old 21-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
Banned

If you go for BROTHER COLOR LASER PRINTER, HL-3040CN, That model is already an EOL model already. But likewise, their Toners Cartridges are expensive and very hard to find and purchase them because majority of the Islandwide Superstores seldom carry these toners. Hence, their Quality is not as good as FUJI XEROX CP105b/CP205/CP205w Series.

Thanks.
Momentum-Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #15

If you go for BROTHER COLOR LASER PRINTER, HL-3040CN, That model is already an EOL model already. But likewise, their Toners Cartridges are expensive and very hard to find and purchase them because majority of the Islandwide Superstores seldom carry these toners. Hence, their Quality is not as good as FUJI XEROX CP105b/CP205/CP205w Series.

Thanks.
Huh??? Just because it's EOL and toners are difficult to find and expensive, hence the quality is not as good as Fuji Xerox? What's has those got to do with print quality man..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.