Wireless IP Camera thread

PAP

Reaction score
Anybody knows of any 3rd party IP camera software that will allow you to listen to the sounds using the camera's microphone as well as viewing video?

So far all the software I've seen just shows you video only..

Anyone? I need one such software on Windows PC. mydlink is really quite slow, I would rather have something I can access through DDNS to speed things up.

jamesco

Reaction score
hello! , anyone has recommendation for Wireless N IP cameras? would like to use it to record to Synology NAS when movement is detected.

thanks

zorom24

Reaction score
bought Aztech WIPC302 months ago, setup wired n wireless n happy with it xcept recording wise, can it record video/capture pic only when motion detected ? can i used 3rd party driver/software instead ?

i notice tat for continuous recording, it can records 1 hr max only or is there any setting to do ? any Aztech WIPC302 users here ?

I'm using WIPC302 also. Facing the the same problem.

And when i do recording, after dc and reconnected it stop recording and got to re-click record manually.

jon2073

Reaction score
I'm a noob to ip cams so bear with me. Just need your help guys. I intend to get this Aztech WIPC302. Can I directly connect this to the cable modem (hubstation free internet)? My wireless router is unreliable and I will be overseas for a week hence there is no need for the router for the meantime. I just want to monitor my home while overseas.

TIA

uris

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Any recommendations for a non tilt/pan night mode wireless camera that can do recording via motion sensor during a certain period of time? Either SD card or AD file server (no NAS in environment).

Just need them to monitor entrances to certain areas of the office. VStarcam H6837WI looks nice but I am paying a premium for pan/tilt that I don't need. Prolink PIC1005WN video compression is bigger?

BTW, how much does will recording 1 hr take in HDD space? Just an estimate will do.

Thanks!

chrispinsg

Reaction score
if u record it at 5 fps at 800 x 600 resolution and like lets say motion sensing recording and u keep it for 30 days it would take from 40 - 60 GB for the 30 day recording.
u could try the china ip cameras and choose the compression h.264 its the best compressions... i dont know the models arnd but good luck

krazykid

Reaction score
I bought a Vstarcam H6837WI last month and it was working fine until yesterday. Somehow, the web interface doesn't work (keeps refreshing... have tried IE, Safari, Chrome) although Windows client and wizard can still detect it. Has anyone experienced this and managed to solve it?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought a Vstarcam H6837WI last month and it was working fine until yesterday. Somehow, the web interface doesn't work (keeps refreshing... have tried IE, Safari, Chrome) although Windows client and wizard can still detect it. Has anyone experienced this and managed to solve it?

Contact your reseller, they shld be able to help u. Have u tried hard reset?

HOHOHO!

Reaction score
Hi, I am quite new to ip camera. Would like to ask some question as I am helping out my cousin setting up ip camera

Using starhub router. The model is DPC3925. I not sure whether the router has any issue with port forwarding and live streaming.

Question:

1. I am getting a night vision ip camera, a NAS to record the video and also need a live streaming from both android and iphone. Which products should I get and easy to set up? Best if the camera is dome shape,wireless and the NAS support recording. I only know of Dlink support recording. Any other brand support that too?

2. Let's say I replace the NAS with a HTPC, is there a software to record video from ip camera and enable me live streaming from phone?

Thank you if advice are given :)

Last edited:

krazykid

Reaction score
@geckoSG: Yep, have tried hard reset to no avail. I'll call up Marix for an RMA I guess.

marixsupport

Reaction score
@geckoSG: Yep, have tried hard reset to no avail. I'll call up Marix for an RMA I guess.

Hi,

Do drop us an email with the s/no of your camera and invoice no.
Next, we need you to leave your unit turn on n wire connect to the router.
Set port forwarding external 81 to internal IP 81 of your camera.

Do not change the admin password, we'll get the factory S/W engineers to login to check your camera via remote and resolve it asap once we receive your information.

Cheers.

burpz

Reaction score
Just got my Vstarcam H6837WIP a few days ago. Yes indeed, this is a true plug and play. For a first timer like me, it took me about 5 min from opening the box to viewing from my smart phone.

Care to share where I can get one too?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw from marix's blogspot site, they are having promotion now for H683WI and giving away a unit of H6837WIP in lucky draw. Seems that the H6837WIP will be available soon in Singapore.

Anyone using any good H.264 Optical Zoom cameras? Last saw MARIX's demo szNEO NIP-9BHEWA2 (or known as COOLCAM), there is a RING of white shadow on the lens and zooming wise doesn't seems smooth.

Anyone else have good recommendation of 3x or 10x Zoom other than what D-LINK have to offer? I'm looking at upgrading my home IP Camera soon.

krazykid

Reaction score
Thanks I'll do so tonight when I get home. Hope you'll be able to resolve it remotely because I have had zero luck accessing the camera via the web since it misbehaved even though the PC and iOS apps can get the stream.

Should I send it to this email address "sales.enquiry@marix.com.sg" or a PM here? That's the only one I can glean from the Marix website and the same one that I used to purchase the camera. Thanks.

Hi,

Do drop us an email with the s/no of your camera and invoice no.
Next, we need you to leave your unit turn on n wire connect to the router.
Set port forwarding external 81 to internal IP 81 of your camera.

Do not change the admin password, we'll get the factory S/W engineers to login to check your camera via remote and resolve it asap once we receive your information.

Cheers.

PAP

Reaction score
Anybody knows of any 3rd party IP camera software that will allow you to listen to the sounds using the camera's microphone as well as viewing video?

So far all the software I've seen just shows you video only..

Anyone who can help? I need such a software on Windows PC...

blueboat

Reaction score
IP cam network (pls help!)

I need to set up a few cam (less than 10) to monitor a outdoor area. I would like the live images to be transmitted to a computer (windows). Some qns:
What are the equipment I require besides the ip cam and laptop?
Which outdoor ip cam do you suggest (distance of a few hundred metres)?
Any reliable software that is secure to send/view the images?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll do so tonight when I get home. Hope you'll be able to resolve it remotely because I have had zero luck accessing the camera via the web since it misbehaved even though the PC and iOS apps can get the stream.

Should I send it to this email address "sales.enquiry@marix.com.sg" or a PM here? That's the only one I can glean from the Marix website and the same one that I used to purchase the camera. Thanks.

Bro, I used to email their support@marix.com.sg, faster response as they told me it will be forwarded to all the engineers.

marixsupport

Reaction score

Hi,

Pls drop us an email at support@marix.com.sg for tech support.
Remember to ensure that camera is plugged directly wired to the router,
port forwarding 81 external to internal 81 of the ip address of the camera.
We'll request the S/W engineer to login after receiving your information
and let them try to fix up your camera via remote.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.