Wireless IP Camera thread

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Where can I find out where to buy a vstarcam?

Local distributor/reseller here is MARIX IT DISTRIBUTION (S) PTE LTD. Their blog is vstarcamsg.blogspot.sg if you want to view the sample streaming over 3G.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
a BIG THANK YOU to geckoSG for the informative sharing! Indeed the vstarcam images are more fluent while streaming.

Regarding remote straming via PC, I realized that I can use VLC player to view the video via http://ip/videostream.cgi ( as suggested by consigliere, thank you~) however the problem is: I can only view the video, no audio comes out :(

1. Is there any way to get the audio via videostream.cgi method?
2. Is it possible to record the video via videostream.cgi method to a PC directly? (i.e. the office PC) because in this case, I don't even need the NAS@home running :D

Thank you all~

btw what's the latest stable firmware for H6837WIP? Mine is a .177 I think.... I still have the problem with IE when listening to the audio. this is how it happens:

log in to the cam using IE, turn the audio on, after 10-15 minutes, there will be an error message, and IE will restart & return to the camera page (This time audio is not on automatically though, need to click on the headset icon again :().
7437871300_4fae48fba6_z.jpg

Check with your resellers. MARIX just released 1-2 weeks ago the latest firmware to their clients.

ahtancw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can get the 6837 WIP to work by LAN but somehow the wireless streaming does not work. Any settings i need to take note of on an Asus RT-N56?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I can get the 6837 WIP to work by LAN but somehow the wireless streaming does not work. Any settings i need to take note of on an Asus RT-N56?

Check if you are using MAC Filtering...

When you set the Wireless, you must allow the camera to do a self reboot
first, takes about 5-10 second before the camera starts rotating after you
set it.

Alternatively, restart your router, etc. Last time I got an "UNKNOWN DEVICE", after restarting my router, it was OK, I suspect it is due to certain range of IP address at ISP having issue.

rootuser

Reaction score
I brought my 6-month-old VStarcam to Marix today for servicing as I have difficulty flashing the firmware. Louis did a quick test and ascertained that the unit is indeed faulty. Instead of asking me to leave the unit with him for servicing, he handed me a new one. I least expect this gesture from Marix as my unit is not new anymore and he saved me the trouble of making another trip. Thanks alot Marix.

PAP

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm using Dlink DIR 655 and 3 x DCS 5230L. Anyone with a similar setup encountered problems with any one of the cameras connecting and disconnecting at random? Sometimes, one of the cameras (can be anyone) can disconnect for good and I have to cycle the power to bring it back on again :s11:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
PAP,

Try setting only to 1 single Wireless Band (Wireless-N) and see if this improves the stability of the wireless.

The last time I encounter 1 out of 3 or 4 cameras disconnecting now and then is due to the wireless on my router is not stable enough to allow my cameras to connect.

After change of router, it was OK. Another instant was the wireless (B) caused the unstable connection from the routers, so I only use G and/or N networks. This solve a lot of problem for me.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bot the aztech wipc401 at $155 and comes with free dect phone. everything has been set up properly. able to view and record live feed. really worth the $.

Last edited:

PAP

Reaction score
PAP,

Try setting only to 1 single Wireless Band (Wireless-N) and see if this improves the stability of the wireless.

The last time I encounter 1 out of 3 or 4 cameras disconnecting now and then is due to the wireless on my router is not stable enough to allow my cameras to connect.

After change of router, it was OK. Another instant was the wireless (B) caused the unstable connection from the routers, so I only use G and/or N networks. This solve a lot of problem for me.

I have switched to N only but problem persists. Sigh... looks like I have to bring to the service centre liao

alexlau

Reaction score
Anyone using Vstarcam H6837WIP managed to record video with audio successfully?

It seems no matter whether you're recording to SD card or local harddisk, or record remotely the streaming video, there is no sound with the video. Does it mean that audio cannot be recorded?

Any suggestions?

xiaohongwrx

Reaction score
Need some help with IP cam

Hi All,

Sorry for the title, apparently found some who were were pretty savvy when it comes to IP cams.

But unlike myself, I seem to be a noob at it no matter how much i try to read the forums for help.
Can't seem to view the ip camera internally or online either way.....

Basically, I need your expertise on the following which I have configured hopefully correct or please do correct me.

1: M1 HG256
2: Asus RT-N56U
3: Aztech WIPC401

I have configured the HG256 to the following:
- LAN IP: 192.168.0.1
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- DCHP server enabled
- Start IP: 192.168.0.2
- End IP: 192.168.0.254
- Wireless LAN turned off
- Firewall Disabled

- NAT Settings --> DMZ Enabled (IP:192.168.1.2)
- Port Mapping Tab --> TCP/UPD selected
- External Start Port: 33350
- External End Port: 33350
- Internal Host: 192.168.1.111 (WIPC401 IP Address)
-Internal Port: 33350
- Mapping Name: Webserver HTTP

- DDNS Settings --> DynDNS.org (I have an account)
- It says success after configuring it

- QoS enabled

ASUS RT-N56U Router
- LAN IP: 192.168.1.1
- DCHP server disabled
- WAN Connection Type: Auto IP
- Enabled UPnP
- Disabled NAT
- DDNS disabled (Route back to the HG256 to do the DDNS) <-- hope i am correct?
- Firewall disabled
- QoS enabled
- URL filter disabled
- MAC filter disabled

Aztech WIPC401
- IP Address: 192.168.1.111
- Gateway: 192.168.1.2
- DNS: 192.168.1.1
- HTTP Port: 33350

Thank you very much in advance for all you help....

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
I have configured the HG256 to the following:
- LAN IP: 192.168.0.1
ASUS RT-N56U Router
- LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

I am not familiar with M1 fibre, but it seems that the Huawei and the Asus are on different LAN segament i.e. one is 192.168.0.X while the other is on 192.168.1.X. Are you sure this is correct? Check the M1 thread for configuring the HG256 and the RT-N56U.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.