[WIP] Setup Wars Submission [Rainbow 6 Blackout Edition]

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Background

i was greatly influenced by those youtube videos, and it led to me dual monitor setup. After i was notified that i'm able to move in my new 5rm hdb, i was really hyped n excited to do a complete new setup but was recently unprofessionally told that i can only collect my keys around end of the year... having most gears ready for it i couldn't help to to do up a "Temp Setup" keeping my hands busy meanwhile...

Notable Part lists

My First Born First Painting - with help from my Lovely Wife!

Desk
ODDVALD Trestle, black +
LINNMON Table, birch effect- $89
ERGOTech Freedom Arm HD - $190*
DXRacer CE120 FT - $639

RIG
i7 4770K + B85 Killer
Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass Black - $299
CRYORIG H5 - $75
Red Riing - $22
Superflower Leadex Gold 850W - $215
GTX 980 Reference - Priceless
850 & Transcend 240gb SSDs, Barracuda 500gb HDD

Peripherals
Roccat Tyon - $140
E-Element Z77 - $70*
Palette Gear - $150*

Display
Benq BL3200PT - $750

Audio
AKG K7XX - $300*
Adam F5 - $750
MDAC - used $500
Silver XLR cables - $200*
Braided Power Cables - $80*
Power Conditioner Weiduka AC8.8 - $120
Snowball mic - $70*
Wooden Spikes - $90*

Credits
Jesus Christ for blessing me with my Family and Friends, the time & space to work on.
Special thanks to LegendZenify for speaker spikes and power cables
Youtuber Influences: Techsource, RandomFrankP, TechFlow

TBC

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 01

i gotta change out my white h440 case to a "black version" (my blackout concept), nothing spectacular just smth nice and clean. Keeping 90% of my parts from the last build

lxgxgrWl.jpg

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SyUE1qVl.jpg

Still touch ups to do but its not messy at least lol...

sad thing is i managed to dmg my 2 sata ports while migrating...thank Jesus the other 4s are working fine...

major change is also back to old sch air cool system... the H5 & enthoo really have good airflow...

Waiting to add the second led strip...currently using one is kind of lob sided with such big panel, not lighting up the wires side though

Have yet to peel the protective covers off the sexy panels...will save it for the Finale!

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 02

Nothing Short of Ikea

the most impt piece of item is your desk, was aiming for a 3m desk for my new flat but will have to settle for a 1.5m. it was almost an mistake going for an aesthetic trestle legs, as there are no proper mounting for such. the table is just resting on it, be warn that any major "movement/disruption" will literally destroy your desk.

ldnqLlol.jpg

i was deciding between a black top or the beech, even though itz a blackout edition i feel the beech will present a better overall contrast effect

linnmon-oddvald-table-black__0307451_PE427573_S4.JPG

there are lots of combination you can mix around (IKEAHACK) esp using kitchen top for better sturdiness and design stains.

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kkAntGfl.jpg

Need to do stability test/check after mounting freedom hd arm with 32" monitor.

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 03

Monitor mounted with freedom arm hd, surprisingly easy to fix up...this cheap linnmon top is quite sturdy, just that the edges are easily "chip" off if you are not careful.

72PUVN2l.jpg

F11BhtVl.jpg

i bought the "cheapest" 32" Benq BL3200PT out there, QHD only and everything else is now too small lol...can't get 4k as i will have to fork out more for a better GPU. Very happy with QHD for now lol...

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FJIEYkol.jpg
Got the big things cleared, testing out space and lighting...

Last edited:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wun your legs have restricted space given the design of table legs and cpu at bottom?

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wun your legs have restricted space given the design of table legs and cpu at bottom?

the table is 75cm depth 150cm long, maybe i'm short i can't kick it even when i'm (naturally stretching) my legs lol...i can purposely kick it ofcos lol...

i guess the 32" helps as you tend to lend back more...

i like to stare at my rig for no reason, itz just the satifaction of looking at smth you built, putting it side way doesn't cut it for me, also able to hide some cable management this way lol...

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From this

f9GE6rRl.jpg

DMdTm2xl.jpg

Now it's my dresser, you can "cheat" a lot when you have a rm space to play with

xyGruzJl.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 04

The fun part, to implement productivity & ease of use

mounted my ext dvd/cd reader for occasional use and ofcos the all impt USB hub. i have a sd reader at my monitor's side can come in handy too.

4I5fEhFl.jpg

The magic underneath, simple velcro strips works like a magnet! keeping the cables at reach when needed.

CODfo0ql.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
had this awhile, finally able to mount at a convenient place, due the thickness of my previous desk can only mount at the window gill lol...putting on and off is a breeze now!

4wlJTbnl.jpg

One of my fav part the setup is this lol...(reduce injury to my 2 yr old if knock onto)

7IBCIdql.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 05

*sneak peak*

60% completion, lots of cable management under the desk to tidy up, waiting to buy my gaming chair etc...still trying different accessories on desk to "best" my daily use.

Heart of the Setup is my first born's painting with help of my wife, LOVE it!

Switched from isoacoustic stand to wooden spikes for aesthetic reason.

V2ik1tql.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 06

Accessories

AuraBox Divoom

love it the moment when i saw this, able to custom pixel art

Also had a nice small dark wooden holder for my remotes

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 07

cable management

here comes the most difficult part...because of my system orientation i'm able to hide most of the cables. As for my speakers' power cables, it was intended to be plug centralised behind the case (so it would be balance) but i hope to achieve smth different by showcasing the power conditioner. Not the best of ideas but i like the "feel" it gives...

auvouW3l.jpg

Pretty straight forward up on top

R0wjal5l.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 07

cable management

Not quite what i had imagined
system position is further in by moving the power conditioner out (more leg space). I could have "cheated" more as to put another power extension to hide the general power cables behind but decided not to for practical reason and the ease of use of the conditioner. the Universal sockets proved to be a real winner here. some loose ends to tidy up should be good to go for now.

84dcQ8Xl.jpg

apart from being a power conditioner, this 10 plug (6 universal) "power sockets" is a key integration of my setup. 2 separated rows with switches. one row for my audio equipment and another for my PC equipment. Fantastic big switch at the back making on/off a breeze, with no "fear" of "shocking" your equipment when powering up and down like normal switches do.

41J9rU7l.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
setup log 08

prep for shoot

Test Shots
more or less the accessories are final, now missing item is just the chair i have been waiting for...

aI4CDScl.jpg

Uf2t0J6l.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This came sooner than expected!

Generally easy to setup but some things like washers and alignments on the covers need extra attention.

vF2S5edl.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The "COVER UP" :s13:
10% for dust 90% to prevent my 2 wonderful cats from creating CHAOS :s13:

U72upEql.jpg

Finally adjustments before shoot
"Blacking" back to my original black key caps...

Ymrdni8l.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.