Asus & Corsair X99 Enthusiast Level Test Rig... in progress

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
simon45op, imo yours is probably one of the unfortunate one off freak incidents cos ~1.30V should be 24/7 safe with proper cooling.

HyperPi 32M

Post_HyperPi32M%404.4_3.2_2666%2B(Copy).png

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MemTweakIt
Mo' bigger synthetic numbers for whatever it is worth... still a very nice tool for sharing subtimings

memtweakit2%404.4_3.2_2666C14%2B(Copy).PNG

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks to Uncle Mac, decided bbbmtl and hooted this first hoot from Newegg.Sg!
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4-19200) Desktop MemoryModel BLS4K4G4D240FSA - Newegg.com

Tiagong this pair of ram is satki for tighter timings

Where do we begin with the Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory kit? This kit was a joy to work with from the beginning thanks to the Intel XMP 2.0 profile that allows for plug-in-play ready for operation at 2400MHz with CL16 timings. Having this profile makes it easy for users of any skill level to get this kit of memory installed and operational. This kit really gets exciting though when you overclock it beyond factory specifications. When overclocking with memory dividers we were able to get this particular kit of memory up to 2666MHz and better yet, we were able to drastically reduce the timings. We never imagined that we’d be able to get 2666MHz with CL12 timings and a 1T command rate with this kit, but we did. We are floored with the results and are happy to see 12-12-12-30 timings with a 1T command rate on a 32GB DDR4 memory kit that was overclocked up to 2666MHz! The Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 32GB 2400MHz memory kit is one of the most impressive DDR4 memory kits that we have used to date.

Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review - Page 3 of 7 - Legit ReviewsCrucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 Memory Overclocking:

Best of all, with shipping still cheaper than SLS and Amazon (no stocks somemore)!

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to some forum enduser reports as well, those Crucials can o'c very well.

Do report back when you get them. :)

btw, decided on which mobo? Best RAM o'cing mobo is decidedly still Asus.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Uncle Mac, decided bbbmtl and hooted this first hoot from Newegg.Sg!

Tiagong...

btw bml, you tiagong this and that from dunno where... wonder if this is gonna be the 1st time you tiagong from right down here.

For Asus X99 mobos with their patent pending OC Socket - when o'cing the cache/uncore to 4GHz+ speed, you simply key in your desired numbers in the BIOS to get this.

Post_CB1544_40_2666Copy_zps686aa2d9.png~original

For any other brands/models retailing in the market, to get the same cache speed you've got to do all this!

Der8auer's Guide for Haswell-E 4GHz+ Uncore (For All Motherboards) - hwbot.org

WP_20140925_006.png

Enjoy =:p

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
Aiming for the Asus X99-S! It is a Deluxe for those no need the wifi and all that jazz. Can save few hundreds go towards the DDR4.

Dont know when BL bring in, if too late maybe hoot the RVE or SOC-Force. Since the Deluxe price so high, may as well a bite more/less and get RVE or the Giga, both EATX OC models

Tiagong Deluxe may have a batch problem or what siol!

More reported cases of Deluxe and Corsair PSU killing mobo + chip

ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North America) - Page 197

ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North America) - Page 202

Also seem the Newegg.SG raised price of the Crucial rams! Still slighty cheaper than SLS, lucky i hoot first for under $300. Using DHL! :D

Last edited:

alantcy

Reaction score

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would forgo any potential headache and simply just get the RVE

• relatively small price difference
• Asus richer BIOS/forum support, totally skewed towards ROG mobos
• lots more forum o'cing info sharing
• better track history so far

For example, it's way much tougher finding others sharing o'cing info on my test mobo, the X99-A, so it's pretty much a lonely solo exploration with all the knocks and bruises. =:p

alantcy

Reaction score
Maybe I'll wait for the X99-Pro.
With just a single LAN and missing Asmedia SATA controller compared to the Deluxe, it should be a cheaper board.
Good thing is it still has dual m.2 sockets which I require.

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
Wah i read the update logs damn scary siol! Like Asus know got some problems but trying to stall and stall...dont even know if the RVE is safe since the design platform is similar to Deluxe...

Our own Simon bro also tio Deluxe killed his 5960X AND BL own 5960X...double take down, some more his shown as pre-production board? SMLJ

We should forward this to Legitreview and add more international pressure to Asus!

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know of any R5E cases so far?

Agree that Asus HQ could have done a better job at managing the situation but afaik, R5E has a clean record till now. Quite a few suspect the Deluxe mobo got shorted due to aberrant solder balls.

X99-A also so far so good. :)

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, whichever mobo you end up buying, it is best to remove all heatsinks and do a thorough check for such solder spills like what I have done (photos posted earlier).

There have been a few recorded cases of solder spills which can potentially cause shorts even in recent models of other brands too.

Someone posted this in xs
2 z97x-gaming gt boards from newegg, is this normal?

Check out the multiple long trails of extra solder in his album... one example

20140724_221703_1.jpg

So look before you power on...

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Aiming for the Asus X99-S! It is a Deluxe for those no need the wifi and all that jazz. Can save few hundreds go towards the DDR4.

Dont know when BL bring in, if too late maybe hoot the RVE or SOC-Force. Since the Deluxe price so high, may as well a bite more/less and get RVE or the Giga, both EATX OC models

Tiagong Deluxe may have a batch problem or what siol!

More reported cases of Deluxe and Corsair PSU killing mobo + chip

ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North America) - Page 197

ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North America) - Page 202

Also seem the Newegg.SG raised price of the Crucial rams! Still slighty cheaper than SLS, lucky i hoot first for under $300. Using DHL! :D

Dear bemylove,

The X99-S will be here soon, we are keeping the price more competitive with other brands.

Aiyo. There are no cases yet in Singapore. Maybe user or some user configuration problem you also do not know.

So let give the ASUS US service team to resolve them. Also, since when we didn’t help you to solve your problem with component?

We are here for a reason. Hee! :)

Best regard,
JK

Last edited:

alantcy

Reaction score
Does Asus physically run each board thru a burn-in period before shipping out?

SimonLam

Reaction score
From what I known, only Deluxe kenna, no known complaints from RVE + 5960X combo with AX1200i PSU.

Although I am shivering - but so far, mine is able to recover from failed oc. I suspend my further oc efforts till further notice :)

alantcy

Reaction score
If i just want to overclock the mem to run at xmp speed, do i just turn on EZ-XMP or do i still have to select the xmp profile in bios?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.