HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Deep Cool 120mm 1300RPM Fan Review

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #61
Master Member

Maybe i am old, can't see clearly. But if i am not wrong, the fan blade broke off from the spindle and not easy pull-off type for easy cleaning.
hee I just woke up.. yup ... easily broke lor...

and your point on the hub ya. more wires more resistance.. thats why i dont use wires at all. solder point to point direct.

then power source (4pin molex) to the end point

KouAnKyuuKa wrote:

Easy cleaning of the fan blades, but I do not like fan blades that can pull out like that. My personal pref
my style to clean fan is to remove.. imerse blade in warm luke water then dry it, oil the axel, put back and TATA. finish.. not need to waste tissue waste napkin towel and such. also having to use some pointing sharp equipment to wipe the blades tight corners.. by doing so the blade is not totally clean and you might disturb the alignment of the fan.. the axel between the fan holder and blade is as important to a properller on a plane... simple said.. alignment of the steering wheels on the load balancing area of a vehicle is curical when it comes to power steering lol

Note : Jalat going more and more Out of Topic.. sorry TS.. continue with this fan DEEP blue lol

Last edited by KleoZy; 09-09-2010 at 12:14 AM..
KleoZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #62
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kudos
- Edwin from www.sgmodder.com for sending me a sample of the Deep Cool 120mm.
- Bro repel89 for holding it for 2 months ( ) and delivering it to me
- Bro StanII for lending me his Noctua NF-P12
- Bro Fortran for selling me the Xigamatek and Sickleflow so I don't have to go over to SLS

Mistakes
- The correct model number for Xigmatek is XLF-1256, not XLF-1254.

My apologies for the mistakes
How come don't have fan from CM in the review?

The one I got is 0.37A. I find it quite good .... but quite noisy.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #63
Great Supremacy Member

nice review~
Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #64
Supremacy Member

How come don't have fan from CM in the review?

The one I got is 0.37A. I find it quite good .... but quite noisy.
The Excalibur fan is from Cooler Master...

WTS: MINT Canon 700D camera body @ S$600! --- Click here for sales thread!
ra[g]e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Excalibur fan is from Cooler Master...
The Sickleflow as well...

Hmm.... coolermaster got 0.37A fan?

I am not entirely sure how you soldered these points, seem like you are using several short length wires to joint them together between the 3 pins connectors.
If it's true, that will explain why the fans are not operating at the default rpm due to high resistance from the solder points.

A better option is to use 2 lacquer insulated continuous wires to solder them. All you need is to use a razor blade to carefully scrap off the lacquer coating at the solder points to allow soldering, this approach will result in lowest resistance possible from a continuous wire as compare to multiple short length wires. Single continuous wire is way easier, neat and tidy to solder.

Just sharing my DIY style, might not suit you if you don't have the lacquer coated wire in hand while doing this hub.
Ok... will do some sleeping on this haha. Thanks for the tips!
Mythmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Sickleflow as well...

Hmm.... coolermaster got 0.37A fan?

Ok... will do some sleeping on this haha. Thanks for the tips!
Got ah .... this one lor.

Claims to be able to do 90 cfm.

Review : http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12351
Old 09-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #67

Is this a worthy replacement to the Eco Coolit Stock fan?
I'm looking for a good and cheap fan to replace it...
forceofhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got ah .... this one lor.

Claims to be able to do 90 cfm.

Review : http://forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12351
That is the sickleflow.

Radiator fans must ask bro rage, I dunno if got any diff or not
Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #69
Supremacy Member

Are you more concerned about noise or temps? If it is the temps right, changing the stock fan on the CoolIT Eco will only improve temps by around 1-2 degs at most on OC load.

However, if you wish to try a dual fan setup, given that the Deep Cool seems to be superior to the Noctua P12 - you should see an improvement of around 4 degs on OC load. I must qualify this observation - I am not sure of the static pressure characteristics of the Deep Cool fan, so the advantage over the Noctua P12 you see here may not be as significant on a radiator.

If you're concerned about noise and temps, and can blow money... no question, get 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15s in a dual fan configuration

If just want silence for cheap, can try the Yate Loon fans over at edge2o - not sure about their cooling performance vis-a-vis the stock fan though.

References:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...er-review.html
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=223391

Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #70

Are you more concerned about noise or temps? If it is the temps right, changing the stock fan on the CoolIT Eco will only improve temps by around 1-2 degs at most on OC load.

However, if you wish to try a dual fan setup, given that the Deep Cool seems to be superior to the Noctua P12 - you should see an improvement of around 4 degs on OC load. I must qualify this observation - I am not sure of the static pressure characteristics of the Deep Cool fan, so the advantage over the Noctua P12 you see here may not be as significant on a radiator.

If you're concerned about noise and temps, and can blow money... no question, get 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15s in a dual fan configuration

If just want silence for cheap, can try the Yate Loon fans over at edge2o - not sure about their cooling performance vis-a-vis the stock fan though.

References:
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...er-review.html
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=223391
Thanks for the reply.
I think i'll buy the Scythe S-flex off a vr-zone forumer to test this out. Should be quite quiet yeah?
All the quest to keeping my com quiet when I should have just invested in a good casing to silence my com - think i've spent more on little knick knacks already..
Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #71
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the reply.
I think i'll buy the Scythe S-flex off a vr-zone forumer to test this out. Should be quite quiet yeah?
All the quest to keeping my com quiet when I should have just invested in a good casing to silence my com - think i've spent more on little knick knacks already..
well... your PSU is silent enough I know... hmm. SSD is also silent. For you now only left cpu cooler... I think gfx should also be silent enough?

If you have budget get the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm from Ahmoo's Scythe MO thread over at VR-Zone... $25 each. Get two of those

Old 09-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #72

well... your PSU is silent enough I know... hmm. SSD is also silent. For you now only left cpu cooler... I think gfx should also be silent enough?

If you have budget get the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm from Ahmoo's Scythe MO thread over at VR-Zone... $25 each. Get two of those
Yah this silent madness all started when i got my PSU la. It opened up a whole new world after i installed it
I am currently using my original heatsink that I bought with my rig: U9B-SE2. It's so much quieter than the Eco Coolit ALC, but on load the temp hovers horribly close to 62 degrees. I'm still undecided to which one to use, which one to sell off.
The Eco Coolit ALC has freakishly high idle temps, but excels at load temps.

Getting totally off tangent from the thread - sorry myth!

Last edited by forceofhabit; 09-09-2010 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: grammatical errors.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #73
Supremacy Member

Yah this silent madness all started when i get my PSU la. It opened up a whole new world after i installed it
I am currently using my original heatsink that was bought with my rig: U9B-SE2. It's so much quieter than the Eco Coolit ALC, but on load the temp hovers horribly close to 62 degrees. I'm still undecided to which one to use, which one to sell off.
The Eco Coolit ALC has freakingly high idle temps, but excels at load temps.

WC doesn't do that well for idle temps, but it shines for load

Not sure how AMD tolerances are like, but if I got 62 degree linpack temps of my Intel rig I'd be really happy

Anyway imo get the 2x Scythe GTs and sell off your Noctua... you won't regret

Old 09-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

No worries, quality post are always welcomed in any thread.

I wanted to get the Gentle Typhoon to test as well, since Fortran is selling it. But it's pretty exp...
Old 09-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #75
Master Member

relax myth sabe will send out the Yate Loon today. but i think i can only pass u on wed, not sure if it will hit my doorstep by monday.
speaking of gentle typhoon, i almost bought this when repel and you were ordering from linke, it was on dc that time
sharkapl is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.