Noob needs help building budget gaming PC

yong362

Reaction score
Hi pros,

I'm a noob at building custom PCs, so I need lots of help and advice. For now I play games like LOL, Dota 2 , payday, the crew, euro truck simulator (very often though), though I really wanna play it at high settings. I came across or heard about some parts needed for gaming and just threw them together. I am not sure whether the combination of the part works. I also do programming and designing, so I not sure whether the build is fine with my usage.

MOBO: MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU: Intel® Pentium® Processor G3258 (3M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
DVD:Asus DRW-24D3ST 24X DvDRW SATA
Hard disk: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD SATA3
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9
GPU: Asus R7 260X DCII OC 2GB GDDR5
Casing: Corsair SPEC-03 Orange
PSU: CoolerMaster Elite Power 400W PSU

Budget to be around $600 - $700?
(MOBO+CPU) $243
OS $158
DVD $25
Hard disk $119
Ram $99
GPU $195
Casing $89
PSU $49

1. The reason i chose Intel® Pentium® Processor G3258 is because i seen video stating that this processor can overclock up to 4.0 Ghz, it this true? If yes, may i know how to overclock it and what to lookout for.
2. Is there any processor having quad core and have roughly the same price at pentium or abit expensive with better clock rate(preferred intel core i series)?

Will appreciate if someone helps with some good suggestions and also recommend the trustworthy shops in SLS.
Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.