HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PC desk case project!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #16

ah, since yr radiator is not enclosed, it would be a entirely different thing liao. In this case, one thing to take note is that i do believe if yr intake fans is not powerful enough, u might starve yr exhaust fans of fresh air, affecting the ability to move heat away from the radiator and the enclosed area. Im not a expert on this so i cant advise whether if your set-up is good enough. Guess you would have to trial and error from this point onwards i believe the youtuber, jay2cents, had a video on this topic. You can check out his youtube video for more information
Oh great! Yeah I watch his and Linutechtip videos..... a lot more recently as I'm trying to lesrn more about watercool setups.

I've decided on some changes regarding the layout. Only thing is my week is pretty packed so I"ll only be able ot do another render by next weekend I think. I"l try to have it up soon!
indie_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #17

Hey guys!

Ok so I managed to find some time over the weekend to do a quick 2nd draft of my table table layout.

Here it is:

So as you can see I've made quite a few changes:

1) Added reservoirs cos they would look cooler than a reservoir/pump combo
2) Added a 2nd radiator so there'll be one each for the GPU and CPU
3) Swapped radiator and HDD positions around
4) Cut HDDs from 4 to 2. Only put 4 to fill up the space so not an issue with me to cut it down to 2

One thing to note though, the reservoir/pump combos you see in the pic are placeholders cos I couldn't find a 3D model of a an actual standalone pump like This one by EK. That's what I intend to use instead.

I still haven't totally figured what to do with the height issue of the GPU. I'm doing some research online to find a 1080 ti GPU that is shorter so it'll fit my 17cm recess even with the waterblock installed. Anyone with any recommendations please do share.

I have a concern about the position of the radiators now. They aren't really the intake or exhaust fans so I don't know if the fans will have a problem sucking in enough air to cool the radiators. Any thoughts?
indie_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.