HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[AMA] with Cat Welfare Society [ENDED]

Like Tree20Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #61

unfortunately we are run by individual caregivers, fosterers, rescuers so its hard to cover the whole country and answer every call. but cat community is getting more and more organised. there are very active cat facebook groups like cat lovers singapore and singapore community cats. many of us are there and can respond if got capacity to do so. they are also there to offer advice what to do.

if find kitten best to wait for the mother. as many times, the mother just go find food then come back no more kittens. if want to rescue best to rescue whole family. we all use trappers for difficult traps and if you email info dot catwelfare dot org, we can share trapping contacts.
catwelfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #62
Junior Moderator

sorry if we missed your email. do email us at volunteer at catwelfare dot org
Repost as volunteer@catwelfare.org.

Do reach out!
Old 16-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #63
High Supremacy Member

how long do you all keep the stray cats at your shelter? or until they are adopted? i assume CWS is a cat shelter? or what do u guys do if not?
Old 16-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #64
Supremacy Member

Which breed of cats that has the most mean personality?
Alphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #65
Junior Moderator

Try quoting the members so that they know you have answered their question.
Ottoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #66

sorry to hear that! like our fb page la, many cute cats that maybe can change your mind we have an active volunteer that mediate cat cases for town council so they don't resort to culling and she used to be very scared of cats! i think it was a fren has cat and she go there slowly play with cat and overcome it.

hdb area cat population has fallen a lot after consistent sterilisation. we hope that population will also reduce as well as then the feeders not so hard work. but want to do so humanely

i damn scared of cats now

got 1 cat sit on my car boot and i didn't see it until I got in the car and checked the rear view mirror where it was staring at me.

had to sound the damn horn to get it siam far far to avoid running the cat

Old 16-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #67

Try quoting the members so that they know you have answered their question.
ahhh sorry sorry first time using forum :p
Old 16-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #68
Junior Moderator

Liked! Just wondering .. Can cats and dogs get along? I.e. Co exist in a similar home environment
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #69
Administrator

how long do you all keep the stray cats at your shelter? or until they are adopted? i assume CWS is a cat shelter? or what do u guys do if not?
bump for wadsad.
Old 16-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry if we missed your email. do email us at volunteer at catwelfare dot org
It's ok. I kw it's not easy for u guys to return every email. Kudos to u guys doing something for our local stray community.
Old 16-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #71
High Supremacy Member

Liked! Just wondering .. Can cats and dogs get along? I.e. Co exist in a similar home environment
add on: the dog > cat is a myth anot ah? i always see cats bullying dogs.
Old 16-03-2016, 07:34 PM   #72

we not a shelter. we focus on sterilisation and last year were able to sterilise 4960 cats. consistently we increase every year. this really help to bring down the population from 150,000 in 90s to around 50 - 60k today.

we also help town council, govt agencies condo managers, public resolve cat issues. this way they dont need to resort to culling. we handled over 2400 cases last year. because all this cat culling rate keeps dropping for last 8 years.
wadsad likes this.
Old 16-03-2016, 07:34 PM   #73
Administrator

add on: the dog > cat is a myth anot ah? i always see cats bullying dogs.
rats bully cats also.
Old 16-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #74
Great Supremacy Member

can..................
I donít believe they can ask to be treated as equals, because they are literally asking NOT to be treated as equals. I think this is why I have problems with a lot of females. They expect to be treated as equals, yet they wish to be waited on hand and foot also. You will never be able to have both. So pick one side.
"I love Singapore more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually."
Adapted from James A. Baldwin
tarui04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #75
Administrator

we not a shelter. we focus on sterilisation and last year were able to sterilise 4960 cats. consistently we increase every year. this really help to bring down the population from 150,000 in 90s to around 50 - 60k today.

we also help town council, govt agencies condo managers, public resolve cat issues. this way they dont need to resort to culling. we handled over 2400 cases last year. because all this cat culling rate keeps dropping for last 8 years.
how many cats have you guys culled this year? Any specific reason for choosing those cats?
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.