HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[AMA] I am a veterinarian. Ask me anything :D

Like Tree103Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 11:48 PM   #706

Thanks for clearing that up! He's regurgitating for sure as the stuff comes up immediately with no warning.

No. Regurgitation is a passive process, no warning and it just comes up after eating.

Vomiting is an active process, the dog looks sick, there may be drooling and activation of the abdomen as it brings the food up
iCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:57 AM   #707
High Supremacy Member

which brand dry and wet food u give to ur dog? just want to know.

Thanks for clearing that up! He's regurgitating for sure as the stuff comes up immediately with no warning.
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:19 AM   #708

Hills prescription diet.

which brand dry and wet food u give to ur dog? just want to know.
iCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #709
Acb

Hi does anyone knew what is this thing (shown in the picture) grow on my puppy? Realize some of this is growing on his body? It did not come off even though we have give him a bath yesterday. Thanks in advance

Acb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #710
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi does anyone knew what is this thing (shown in the picture) grow on my puppy? Realize some of this is growing on his body? It did not come off even though we have give him a bath yesterday. Thanks in advance

puppy pyoderma maybe?
Old 09-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #711
Acb

puppy pyoderma maybe?
Thanks for the response. Did abit Google search on "puppy pyoderma"...Seems like not puppy pyoderma as it tends to grow on bare skin like their tummy...However we tends to find these stuffs where fur are grown
Acb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #712
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the response. Did abit Google search on "puppy pyoderma"...Seems like not puppy pyoderma as it tends to grow on bare skin like their tummy...However we tends to find these stuffs where fur are grown
It can happen anywhere on the skin. Furunculosis? Sebaceous cyst? Fungal infection? Many things can be the reason why these lesions appear.
Old 13-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #713

hi doc, do vets usually treat pets that are exotic and illegal in singapore? recently brought my dog to a vet and a fella brought in an exotic pet but was rejected by the staff.
KYLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 08:14 PM   #714
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi doc, do vets usually treat pets that are exotic and illegal in singapore? recently brought my dog to a vet and a fella brought in an exotic pet but was rejected by the staff.
Well, in Australia an exotic pet would be a reptile or a snake. I dont deal alot with these types of animals and I refer them away.

You'd have to check with AVA if the 'exotic' pet is legal or illegal in SG
Old 13-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #715

hi doc, if a cat refuse to eat or drink and just want to slp everyday? What's the issue ar? No litters as well..
OahidY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #716
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi doc, if a cat refuse to eat or drink and just want to slp everyday? What's the issue ar? No litters as well..
It means it is sick and needs to see a vet ASAP
Old 17-07-2017, 02:31 AM   #717

Hey there, seeking some help please. I've got a two cats at home and one of them is over grooming herself quite badly, resulting in large swathes of bare patches. When petting her the patches don't seem to be rough and there's no flaking. Or scabbing, so I'm thinking it's a behavioral issue. The cats have been living together since very young and they usually just keep away from each other. Any suggestions as to how to prevent/change the behaviour?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
cokiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #718
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey there, seeking some help please. I've got a two cats at home and one of them is over grooming herself quite badly, resulting in large swathes of bare patches. When petting her the patches don't seem to be rough and there's no flaking. Or scabbing, so I'm thinking it's a behavioral issue. The cats have been living together since very young and they usually just keep away from each other. Any suggestions as to how to prevent/change the behaviour?

Are they on flea control? Have you seen a vet yet?
lycans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #719

Are they on flea control? Have you seen a vet yet?
Nope not on any flea control stuff. Re vet, I had a friend who's a vet nurse look at her and she says it doesn't seem so so I haven't, but I probably should, huh.

cokiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #720
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nope not on any flea control stuff. Re vet, I had a friend who's a vet nurse look at her and she says it doesn't seem so so I haven't, but I probably should, huh.

Behavioural issues are diagnosis of exclusion. Meaning we put certain conditions down to behavioural problem only after exhausting all tests and treatment and can find nothing wrong with the animal.

I'd say bring your cat to a vet and try ruling out fleas, diet, endocrinopathy, etc
lycans is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.