[Help] Where To Buy RABBITS???

runeruin

Banned
Reaction score
Actually we plan to have a cage, but they will not be confined to a cage. We will set aside a space for them to run around and play. But we heard from one of the pet shop owners that it's still better to have a cage for them to hide in and feel safe. Also would be good if we can toilet train them in the cage, so next time easier to clear their nonsense.

Definitely you need to have a place for them to hide in a cage.
And of course they need to run around,as for hiding place out of cage they can stay anywhere even under a chair after beig comfortable.
Main thing is can she tolerate pee/sht around her house?no matter how the rabbit is trained for sure sometimes they will do it out of toilet
Also they are curious animal,they bite almost anything they see,even your television/massage chair or game console wires

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely you need to have a place for them to hide in a cage.
And of course they need to run around,as for hiding place out of cage they can stay anywhere even under a chair after beig comfortable.
Main thing is can she tolerate pee/sht around her house?no matter how the rabbit is trained for sure sometimes they will do it out of toilet
Also they are curious animal,they bite almost anything they see,even your television/massage chair or game console wires

Yup! That why I mentioned we will set aside a space for them to play. But we will not allow them to run all over the house as it's not "bunnyproof".

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had a local rabbit which my father bought for $20 when I was younger. At first I dislike him cos he was pretty ugly, long ears and skinny face but I can say he was my fave pet ever.

He was like my best friend, drink coke, share ice cream together and he will run in circles around me when I got home.

They are smarter then most people think they are and he's toilet train with cat litter. Rabbits don't belong in cages, really just try to toilet train them. He was an ass though sometimes, biting the corners off my school books and buttons off my remote control, so yeah don't leave those lying around

agree last time i stay terrace house, we built a fence area for her to run a bit but still protected from cats. she not only escaped the fence area i think she chased the stray cats away too. One stare from her (maybe its the blue eyes or something) and the cats would run away lol

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agree last time i stay terrace house, we built a fence area for her to run a bit but still protected from cats. she not only escaped the fence area i think she chased the stray cats away too. One stare from her (maybe its the blue eyes or something) and the cats would run away lol

She got play KOF with you also last time? :s13:

Targaryen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you mentioned owning dogs so i assume you are responsible in feeding and walking them and cleaning their litter. what about your gf? does she do housework, cook and clean etc? Is she ok with getting dirty?

zehzehordidi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Care for rabbit:
------------------
Must buy a good cage but this cage take up space, and have to clean cage daily or more than once daily

1) groom, comb fur daily, else will tangle and not cute anymore, and will cause them distress and uncomfortable.
2) trim nails at least once a month or when grow very long
3) must prepare things to let them grind their teeth else it will overgrown.. tend to bite a lot of tings and especially cables, wires cause chewy nature...
4) clean their pigu more than once daily if got shiat stick on their butts else they prone to skin diseases and infection very easily
5) rabbits falls sick easily if not properly taken care of, and bring to vet is min 100 above, and usually such diseases will need follow up check, and incur next bill 100 above again
6) need to buy good quality hay for them to chew
7) good pellets are expensive(if buy cheap one, will not be healthy and fur wont be shiny coat and will shed and become botak ugly patch and NO MORE CUTE
8)some veggies and sometimes a very small amount of fruits, else over feeding cause lao sai, and is damn fXxxking smelly.
9) their urine can be too alkaline or what, cause stubborn stains on your floor, wall, etc.
10) most bunnies shed lots of fur and is hard to clean, you have to be hardworking ... well maybe you/gf have a domestic helper...

but the fur will fly very high, cause is super light and is their nature to shed a lot.
11) buy kitten litter to absorb the urine or wet pad
----------------------------------------------------------
summary: rabbits eat a lot, drink plain water a lot, pang sai a lot, pee a lot, hate medication, love to chew, love to bite, love dark places(please ensure they are given privacy and shade, they scared of heat, cold, thunder, loud noise will cause them stress.

----------------------------------------------------------
irregardless of any breed, all rabbit when young, very cute, and like baby, dunno anything, u hug carry them..

rabbits are very timid creatures, they scare of hug, and some can be noti and bad temper. they also want your attention and they are like kids. just like humans.

actually they very scare when their feets cannot touch the ground.. when they older , they wont let u carry, will run away, and many rabbits walk and poo at same time, leave a trail

rabbit can be toilet train but is not easy, even toilet trained, they also anyhow pee and poo at same time... they poo really a lot.. you will be very busy cleaning the cage, else very smelly

urine will be smelly, depends on the food you feed...

Rabitts can live more than 10 yrs.... they grow up very fast within 5 months they can be adult size and never cute, as they wont be cuddly....

after that, you and your gf keep the rabbit in the cage because rabbit come out of the cage will keep poo and urine and BITE all your stuff.... shoes, slippers, wires, computer cables... if animals are so cute after grow up, or aninals are easy to care , why singapore and the world got so many abandon pets.?

got people keep a male rabbit in cage and never let him out cause the mother dont like, as rabbit walk will poo around. and the poor rabbit balls and kkj shrink and very very sad guy, but he never die but this is emotional distress and tortue...the rabbit become so timid and dunno how to walk cause the whole day, whole night, whole year in cage. of course NOT CUTE anymore. there is no much leg room to stretch and lie down comfortably.

IF you are kept in your room , eat, sleep , poo one place, cannot use computer, no one to talk to, will you still BE CUTE?

seen people keep the rabbit outside their HDB flat cause they say the rabbit is dirty with their furs. STUPID ah lian, her bf also bought the pet rabbit but her family say the rabbit is dirty so cannot put in their house. they will scold neighbours when they persuade them to put the rabbit in the house... one day they will get what they done. the poor rabbit have to tahan all the rain, shine...and heat and sometimes they din even change water bottle, feeding tray and the bunny got many sai stick to the butt and feet is very dirty...

i still love my bunnies after they are so damn notti ones.... they do bite humans, and it does hurts.

all these are my experiences. if you think you can handle, you can buy or whatever you want.. after all, i cannot change your mind. i just tell you the truth.

i dont feel much affection from TS... apologies if this offend you. but i just feel this way.. hard truth

Last edited:

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's further info for potential pet buyers.

Many pet buyers only see the facade and do not know what goes on behind the scenes. Puppy mills, rabbit mills, and such animal factories mass breed them under horrendous conditions. They are the source of animals for many of these petshops. Ours usually come from the pasir ris farms.

These pictures are of some foreign rabbit mills and from our local SPCA.

6037296790_63a97502aa.jpg

6037293446_8db4b2de20.jpg

546.jpg

puppy_mills_1_in_cages_304135032.jpg

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you mentioned owning dogs so i assume you are responsible in feeding and walking them and cleaning their litter. what about your gf? does she do housework, cook and clean etc? Is she ok with getting dirty?

Hi guys. I appreciate all your concern for our future rabbit. But we have been thinking about it for a while and she is prepared to take care of him/her.

Right now we just need help in recommending a good, reputable, reasonably-priced place for us to take the next step.

Cheers!

Ponpon830

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mom can't afford to abandon you. And you know how to take care of yourself. The way you compare only further proves you are not prepared for it.

Dnt arg over this la. But ts, u need to understand, by buying a pet, u are funding the atrocities practiced by those pet farm. Just read up how they mistreat the animal, how they dump the poor animal mummy aside after they are of no more use to them. The breeders are profit driven...the welfare of those poor mums or sick babies are non existent. Ask ur gf read up. Of cos u can buy but at least consider adopting. Do something meaningful with ur partner for greater good. Cuteness dnt last.

Targaryen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I appreciate all your concern for our future rabbit. But we have been thinking about it for a while and she is prepared to take care of him/her.

Right now we just need help in recommending a good, reputable, reasonably-priced place for us to take the next step.

Cheers!

A person can't just suddenly be prepared to take care of a pet if he doesn't even help out in household chores.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i got a used rabbit cage.. comes with accessories like pee pan and feed pan

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dnt arg over this la. But ts, u need to understand, by buying a pet, u are funding the atrocities practiced by those pet farm. Just read up how they mistreat the animal, how they dump the poor animal mummy aside after they are of no more use to them. The breeders are profit driven...the welfare of those poor mums or sick babies are non existent. Ask ur gf read up. Of cos u can buy but at least consider adopting. Do something meaningful with ur partner for greater good. Cuteness dnt last.

It's this forum la. Sometimes get carried away & unknowingly get dragged into childish exchanges.:s13:

But feels good to know there are many common minded people here.

zehzehordidi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i shared my experience on getting dirty, time needed to provide care and attention to rabbit.

zehzehordidi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cheers!
hi ... ya ..pet lover shop got show breed rabbit so damn cute.... but sad face and emo.. please buy you will save it...... price is only 850 to 950 depends on breed. usually Pets lover at plaza sing got

from your words i feel nuthing about your sinercity.. sorry pal

.... watever breed, breeders, cruelty to animals i dont care because ..... watever happen is own karma....kthxbye

dogs and rabbits are two different thing...

Ponpon830

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's this forum la. Sometimes get carried away & unknowingly get dragged into childish exchanges.:s13:

But feels good to know there are many common minded people here.

Ya, good to know.

I'm actually scare of rabbit, heard stories of them running ard biting ppl's backside.:s13:

zehzehordidi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, good to know.

I'm actually scare of rabbit, heard stories of them running ard biting ppl's backside.:s13:

my bun bite my fingers when i scold them... some attack my feets and leg when i not looking...:s13::s13::s13::s13: it hurts and bleed

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.