HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

Like Tree1389Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #16
Master Member

Thanks! Came back from vet a while ago. Looking better. Very dehydrated still, being forcefed. Looks like a kidney issue. No idea what the prognosis is for now. Take it day by day.
Oh dear... Old age + kidney issue = tough... Jus hope she will not have to suffer too much...

!. Sea burial???
2. I think they just refer you to another clinic that is open 24 hrs.
3. Nothing. Just make sure that nothing obstructs their breathing.
1. Yup sea burial. cremate oredi then go out to sea in a bumboat and scatter the ashes into the sea.

2. Huh? Like tat I might as well fhfl bring the kitty to the 24hrs clinic better...
3. Orh...
Lurker_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

new cat thead!!!
wahkao3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #18

Sad to hear that. What happened to him?

It depends i will either bury them or choose to cremate. But sometimes i spent so much for their medical bills that i don have funds to cremate them. Like that must desperately look for neighbours to help.
he had breathing difficulties and we went to the clinic we usually go to but they dont have 24hrs care then after test here test there say will arrange to go 24hrs branch to hospitalize. however just less then 10mins mins journey he pass away in cab.. i regret never bring straight to 24hrs care instead. hes only a yr old..

I am so sorry for your loss... Hugs! :'(
thanks..

Last edited by dammad; 25-08-2016 at 10:22 PM..
dammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 11:17 PM   #19
Greater Supremacy Member

asymmetric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #20
Supremacy Member

Hi, does anyone have a source for veterinary drugs in JB? We're worried that the price here in SG will kill us if and when that stray comes back.

Any suggestions - names and contact info - would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
IronMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #21
High Supremacy Member

A few questions :

1. Will you choose sea burial for your kitties and why?
2. For those vet clinics that do not have 24hrs service, how do their emergency phone number help? Like we call them up and then they teach us how to help our kitties in need or the vet will come over ar?
3. If the kitty is unconscious but still breathing, wat can we do to help them before reaching the vet clinic?

TIA
1. My mom wants to scatter my eldest cat's ashes to the sea. We have not fixed a date yet.

2. Some vet clinics got voice msg telling u where to go in case of emergency. But 24 hour clinic like mount pleasant, Companion Animal surgery all are very very expensive

3. This one I am not sure. I will rush to vet and pray that the kitty is alright. Its too stressful when something like this happens
Lurker_13 likes this.
Old 26-08-2016, 10:05 AM   #22
High Supremacy Member

Hi, does anyone have a source for veterinary drugs in JB? We're worried that the price here in SG will kill us if and when that stray comes back.

Any suggestions - names and contact info - would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sorrie don know any vet at JB.

Btw any updates from the vet regarding the kitty?
Old 26-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #23
Supremacy Member

Sorrie don know any vet at JB.

Btw any updates from the vet regarding the kitty?
Still dehydrated and low core temp. Visit again later but not sure what to do.
IronMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #24
Master Member

hope she gets well soon. or if not, for the worse ihope she doesn't suffer when she goes.
always sad for such comm cats cuz they have lived such a tough life outside.
Lurker_13 likes this.
Old 26-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #25
Master Member

A few questions :

1. Will you choose sea burial for your kitties and why?
2. For those vet clinics that do not have 24hrs service, how do their emergency phone number help? Like we call them up and then they teach us how to help our kitties in need or the vet will come over ar?
3. If the kitty is unconscious but still breathing, wat can we do to help them before reaching the vet clinic?

TIA
1. no haha my cats are afraid of water.. i also plan to keep the ashes and then when im old and dying, tell my kids to bury all their ashes with me lol. i think very far but that's my plan xD otherwise i am thinking of sending theashes to be compressed into a diamond or something and keep.

2. normally emergency the vet will rush down or at least direct u to someone who can help immediately. but vets that will rush down is quite rare la haha. they will usually direct u to clinics that are open.

3. i tink most importantly for me la, is keep them warm and make them feel safe, better not to do own CPR or anything because we may not know whats happening on the inside of the cat, don't want to injure further.
Lurker_13 likes this.

Last edited by luloos; 26-08-2016 at 01:25 PM..
luloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #26
Master Member

ironmac, im not sure if it helps but i do notice globalpets in jb got vet clinics and they do sell like those medications and stuff, no harm you can try to call them and ask if they have what you need and if you can purchase from them?
Old 26-08-2016, 07:10 PM   #27
Master Member

If my kitties ever do that to me, think will cry die me le...:'(

And I never ever wish to have to make that decision for any of my kitties or com kitties...
Old 26-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #28
Master Member

1. My mom wants to scatter my eldest cat's ashes to the sea. We have not fixed a date yet.

2. Some vet clinics got voice msg telling u where to go in case of emergency. But 24 hour clinic like mount pleasant, Companion Animal surgery all are very very expensive

3. This one I am not sure. I will rush to vet and pray that the kitty is alright. Its too stressful when something like this happens
If really emergency then bo bian oredi, have to go there le.
Ya, I fully understand the kinda stress, and you really wanna kill those drivers who are hogging the road or getting in the way.
Old 26-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #29
Master Member

How's the visit to the vet again? Any palliative care solutions for the kitty ma?
Old 26-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #30
Master Member

1. no haha my cats are afraid of water.. i also plan to keep the ashes and then when im old and dying, tell my kids to bury all their ashes with me lol. i think very far but that's my plan xD otherwise i am thinking of sending theashes to be compressed into a diamond or something and keep.

2. normally emergency the vet will rush down or at least direct u to someone who can help immediately. but vets that will rush down is quite rare la haha. they will usually direct u to clinics that are open.

3. i tink most importantly for me la, is keep them warm and make them feel safe, better not to do own CPR or anything because we may not know whats happening on the inside of the cat, don't want to injure further.
Ya tat is what I thot so too. Not all kitties likes water, my kitties are afraid of water so I am gonna state in my will to put all their ashes with mine and scatter in the sea, at least I am with them and they dun have to be afraid. For the com kitties I will opt to bury them since they have a usual place they like to frequent.
luloos likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.