[Official] EDMW Cat Owners Thread~ - Part 3

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And a Happy New Year!!!

The reasons for not allowing people to keep cats in HDB flats are pretty weak. :s8:

I agree, noise level wise dogs and babies can be even louder..and for owners who keep cats indoor at all times, doubt anyone can hear the cat or even smell the pee from outside. N besides if the cat is neutered there'll be no caterwauling too.

Rather unfair illegal clause that condemns cat's and causes cat lovers to have to technically do something illegal to be with their furball family.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree, noise level wise dogs and babies can be even louder..and for owners who keep cats indoor at all times, doubt anyone can hear the cat or even smell the pee from outside. N besides if the cat is neutered there'll be no caterwauling too.

Rather unfair illegal clause that condemns cat's and causes cat lovers to have to technically do something illegal to be with their furball family.

The gov't should simply require all cat owners to neuter, microchip and register the animal. If necessary, place a bond on each animal that will be forfeit if the animal escapes and becomes a nuisance. After a certain amount of time - 10-15-20 yrs, the bond is returned.

It's stupid in this day and age that companion animals should be restricted when a creative solution can be found. :s8:

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
15894254_10158071565630154_5751951817791283869_n_zpspzyuxpue.jpg

seems like there's quite an uproar on this
Most likely his neighbours complaint to hdb.

Read from cws facebook that this owner let his cat roam around. They are asking him to contact them for assistance

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

My area the noise is caused by the kids playing in the playground. These kids can play n make noise till midnight. Their parents will sit down n chit chat with other neighbours. Ppl cannot sleep n will call police. Nowadays can see police coming down everyday at 10.30pm to chase these ppl away.

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My area the noise is caused by the kids playing in the playground. These kids can play n make noise till midnight. Their parents will sit down n chit chat with other neighbours. Ppl cannot sleep n will call police. Nowadays can see police coming down everyday at 10.30pm to chase these ppl away.

TC installed two BBQ pits between two blocks. Can you imagine the noise and smoke? :s22::s22::s22:

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I feed this brand or fussie cat can food for my area cats.:

Recently I noticed that the food is very oily. See the thick layer of oil floating on top. I had to pour the oil away. The food is soggy also.:

Most of my area cats simply refuse to eat this food. I thought maybe its a one carton issue and bought the can foods from Pet Lover's Centre, NTUC, Polypet.. etc. Yet they are all the same - very oily n soggy.

I noticed that the food manufactured in Oct 2016 got this issue:
20170109_221344_zpsnyebdwmg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But the cans which are manufactured before Oct 2016, don't have this issue. My area cats all just eat normally.

So far I have tried the following foods:

Aristo-Cats Ocean Fish with Shrimp in Jelly
Aristo-Cats Sardines in Shrimp Jelly 400g
Fussie Cat Fresh Oceanfish w Shrimp 400g
Sumo Cat Seafood Basket in Jelly 400g

As long as they are manufactured In Oct 2016, they are very oily.

Last edited:

RobinTeoHood

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2qkj9tv.jpg

2lw1x7n.jpg

30sgg0z.jpg

From years ago, old pictures i found. Try to sterilize male cats fast. Usually females have little issues once spayed. Males may still continue to fight but usually stops or much lesser. They can be hyper aggressive especially in desolate areas like industrial areas and other spots without much human interaction. Where they have to compete for survival.

This one was treated. Recovered and disappeared eventually.

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
^ouch ouch ouch... poor thing... but glad he recovered. Ya intact tom kitties are very fierce n territorial de... we had a hard time wif poppy n blackie... nearly every nite have to standby n rush down once we hear them 'quarrel'... after blackie was neutered he mellowed down n is a gd boy now.:s12:

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
2qkj9tv.jpg

2lw1x7n.jpg

30sgg0z.jpg

From years ago, old pictures i found. Try to sterilize male cats fast. Usually females have little issues once spayed. Males may still continue to fight but usually stops or much lesser. They can be hyper aggressive especially in desolate areas like industrial areas and other spots without much human interaction. Where they have to compete for survival.

This one was treated. Recovered and disappeared eventually.
Thats a very deep wound. Lucky you treated it. Else will have serious infection with maggots

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.