HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Advise needed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #1

Advise needed

I need some advise.
My female retriever was sexually penetrated by a stranger's dog. Without the consent from my family members.it happened one month plus ago.

This was how the incident happened from the information I've collected.

My niece, Primary 2, bought the retriever down for a walk at the park nearby home. And as usual they were playing at the park enclosure area.
But that day, there was another male dog whose owner was a man, he asked my niece to sit at a nearby bench and he proceeded to let his dog play with mine.

A passerby women, saw his dog was sexually penetrating my dog, and sensed something amiss as he stopped my niece from taking my dog away, so she lashed out at the man.

After that, my niece bought my dog back to her side, and proceeded to call a family member cell phone via the women's cell. It happened that I was home at that time and I went down to find out what happened. But upon reaching there, the women was very upset but seeing her behavior was too hysterical, I decided not to listen to one party about what happened.
The man, then bring his dog out of the enclosure area and calmly walked pass me, and I asked him whether there was any dispute ongoing, and he replied to me it's just the lady behavioring out of place. Then he continued walking away.

So I bought my dog home as well, to find out what happened from my niece as she's unable to clearly explain what happened when we were at the park.

So after learning the whole incident, I was hoping she wouldn't get pregnant as she wasn't neutered.
But last week, I found her nipples started getting bigger and when I squeeze it, there's secretion oozing out, which I learnt from the internet.

I have called the Vet clinic, and they told me a x-ray or ultrasound would be required to determine, and there's a chance that it may be an false pregnancy.

May i know if you have any advise for me on this matter?

Thanks.
alvinosj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 12:56 AM   #2

I need some advise.
My female retriever was sexually penetrated by a stranger's dog. Without the consent from my family members.it happened one month plus ago.

This was how the incident happened from the information I've collected.

My niece, Primary 2, bought the retriever down for a walk at the park nearby home. And as usual they were playing at the park enclosure area.
But that day, there was another male dog whose owner was a man, he asked my niece to sit at a nearby bench and he proceeded to let his dog play with mine.

A passerby women, saw his dog was sexually penetrating my dog, and sensed something amiss as he stopped my niece from taking my dog away, so she lashed out at the man.

After that, my niece bought my dog back to her side, and proceeded to call a family member cell phone via the women's cell. It happened that I was home at that time and I went down to find out what happened. But upon reaching there, the women was very upset but seeing her behavior was too hysterical, I decided not to listen to one party about what happened.
The man, then bring his dog out of the enclosure area and calmly walked pass me, and I asked him whether there was any dispute ongoing, and he replied to me it's just the lady behavioring out of place. Then he continued walking away.

So I bought my dog home as well, to find out what happened from my niece as she's unable to clearly explain what happened when we were at the park.

So after learning the whole incident, I was hoping she wouldn't get pregnant as she wasn't neutered.
But last week, I found her nipples started getting bigger and when I squeeze it, there's secretion oozing out, which I learnt from the internet.

I have called the Vet clinic, and they told me a x-ray or ultrasound would be required to determine, and there's a chance that it may be an false pregnancy.

May i know if you have any advise for me on this matter?

Thanks.
The best thing you can do is wait and see. Animals don't have the same rights as humans so you can't pursue the matter. If she does indeed get pregnant its up to you to make the decision to keep the litter or not. But if you do just give her all the love and care and get the pups to good homes. Next time just don't let your dog out when she's in heat. I would advise you to keep track of her cycles and roughly estimate the time period of heat. If you do bring her out don't let your young daughter bring her alone.

Hope it helped.
Sylvianaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.