HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Corgi

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #1

Corgi

Hi, seeking advise from any experience dog owners.

Wife and myself are in 40s and elder child (Poly) is very much interested in getting a Corgi, on one hand, we trust he has the responsibility and maturity to take care of a pet, but on the other, we are worried about the training and care etc when he is away for NS etc.

He has expressed keen interest in keeping a Corgi, hence could some one advise its temperaments and ease of keeping it? Does it need frequent walks at the parks etc? Very much appreciated.
triggerfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 07:24 AM   #2

Wife and myself are in 40s and elder child (Poly) is very much interested in getting a Corgi, on one hand, we trust he has the responsibility and maturity to take care of a pet, but on the other, we are worried about the training and care etc when he is away for NS etc.

He has expressed keen interest in keeping a Corgi, hence could some one advise its temperaments and ease of keeping it? Does it need frequent walks at the parks etc? Very much appreciated.
My take would be, regardless of breed, if your boy can't takecare of a kid, he wont be able to take care of a dog. As exaggerate as i can be, i have seen many dog being disowned after owner realise the money and time required for the dog.

To put it more practically, here's the usual routine for owning a dog.
Morning prep breakfast.
Night for dinner.
As time pass they might stop eating kibble (dry food) and start to go for cooked food ( this happen when they get sick)
There is a need to expand their energy everyday. So daily walk of a hour is required.

Financially, dog require annual injection, monthly grooming. When they get sick, vet cost can be quite steep.
ragonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Master Member

Corgis grow very big and heavy. They bark super loud and are strong.
They shed lotsa fur, as with most short fur dogs.
Dont need much grooming but must cut nails regularly
lampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #4

I'm no expert in dogs, but whatever the breed, dogs needs to be walked outside where they can have their exercise and do their "business" minimum couple times a day.
No difference than us human, who wants to be cooped up at home 24/7? They need fresh air too.
Any pets needs a lot of time, money, care, attention, etc. But if you love them the way they should be loved, the return they give to you is immeasurable in any form. Imho.
Please do think carefully if your family is ready for this commitment. Whenever your son is not there, then the responsibility will go to you and your wife. And if possible, adopt please.
AristroCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #5

Thank you all for the advises, certainly will consider carefully.

Seeking those who are currently keeping a Corgi on whether are they vocal (bark easily) and drool frequently?
triggerfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.