Dont buy dogs from PETSHOPS, FARMS!! ADOPT INSTEAD!

X3HaPPyBirdZ

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a dog, where should I get one and what breed should I get? Which breed is the easiest to maintain too

Jerineng

Reaction score
moi prus 1 oso...bt prob is moi famili lookin fer puppies coz we gt small kids n we feel tat it will be gd to hv our kids help wif the taking care of zee puppies n grow together....bond closer n learn more responsiblity frm young....bt jin sad....most of zee puppies non hdb approve de....

moi reali cant understand...why so many stray n mani of em are bigger in size n nt hdb approve...sgp wer gt so mani pple stay condo or landed huh......gov shld release the law abit so more pple can adopt....wif gd training bigger dog is nt a prob...we shld be proud of our spore special ok they r jin swee species

Reaction score
moi prus 1 oso...bt prob is moi famili lookin fer puppies coz we gt small kids n we feel tat it will be gd to hv our kids help wif the taking care of zee puppies n grow together....bond closer n learn more responsiblity frm young....bt jin sad....most of zee puppies non hdb approve de....

moi reali cant understand...why so many stray n mani of em are bigger in size n nt hdb approve...sgp wer gt so mani pple stay condo or landed huh......gov shld release the law abit so more pple can adopt....wif gd training bigger dog is nt a prob...we shld be proud of our spore special ok they r jin swee species

this language you save for EDMW perhaps haha. On a side note, adult dogs make better companion for kids IMO. Having a puppy is like another kid, you need to make time and effort for him. With young kids, i'm not sure if you could spare the time and effort to train him/her. The first year is crucial, after that you need to double/triple the effort.

Adopting a good behaviour adult dog that's comfortable with kids will achieve the same outcome (responsibility) as having a puppy.

Also if that's your first, maybe start with 1. Pets are for life, a well-behaved adult dog can also serve as a role model for the next dog that becomes part of your family.

#adoptdontshop

20LEGEND

Reaction score
my heart has been touched by all the Dodo videos. i am definitely going to adopt a stray when my current dog passes on. :o

indianocean1411

Reaction score
i had a friend that bought a dog from pasir ris and in the end suffer from congenital illness, spent 19k on the treatment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.