HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dont buy dogs from PETSHOPS, FARMS!! ADOPT INSTEAD!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2008, 03:40 AM   #16
Supremacy Member

my heart always sank when i am in pasir ris those breeding farm.. at the back of my mind, i keep thinking the condition inside wont be anything better.. it is afterall a puppymill

yes, please adopt...

my wish is that all puppymills will close down!!!!!!!!!!!!
pepperthrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Best is adopt.. The cats also getting the same fate as dogs in petshops...

Ard 2004 i went to a pet shop near parkway parade wif my frens. We saw many high breed kittens/ puppies inside displays. They were all veri active. But we saw one kitten who was not active and just sit in one corner and looked veri depressed, and sick. We asked one of the assistants abt this kittens condition.

He replied tat this kitten misses her mommy cat veri much and refuse to eat and cooperate wif them. The assistant told us tat this type of kittens/ puppies will be put to sleep if they refuse to eat or become active cos no ppl will buy them... Imagine the horror and sadness when me and my frens hear tat news... We immediately walk out of the store... fed up
Old 13-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #18
High Supremacy Member

Wht the!!! they r not a human they r a evil! those so call pet farm hor.. look gd in front bad @ the back no1 know... & some of their dog not reallly very health some even have common skin problem...
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #19

hmmmm even if they claim themselves to be Australian breeders, they can fake the certs also. well, if degrees and masters can be faked, why not dog certs? these pics are from overseas. but think about the farms in singapore. esp pasir ris and seletar. have u walked through the farms b4? esp the one at THE ANIMAL RESORT. its like a HOT BAKING OVEN in there. and its open air under the sun, near the pond. if we feel hot in there, what about the puppies?

and i always see people selling dogs on a lot of free classifieds. and some of them are too young to be sold! if u really love pets, u'll get what i mean.

alot pple who get dogs from petshop always end up with sick dogs, like infections and kennel cough. some even had to be put down after a few thousands dollar of medical fees and the dog itself costs 1K+

singapore's situation may not be that bad, but trust me, there's a lot of dirty stuff going behind these farms. its justhidden away from the public eye.

the best is to adopt. some dogs in SPCA have spent majority of their life in their cuz the cuter and younger ones always get adopted, but not them. dogs are all the same.
sheeeryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #20
Scout Trooper

skysky3110: and why are you promoting them? sigh.. u shouldn't even post the link. Now those interesting to earn some quick buck by mating their bitch will have avenues to turn to.
?
I am NOT promoting for them. after i read the thread, i just google search and there is it. Any 1 who wants to be a dog pimp can get the link very easily. Just trying to make a point that many ppl out there are doing that and so easily accessible. btw, i have edited the post if that makes you feel more comfortable.
skysky3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 10:12 PM   #21
Scout Trooper

Well, shouldnt AVA check it out on them ( pet farms) and set a certain standard for them to be allow to have a breeding license. Afterall AVA always do spot check on factories that deal with food product to ensure that the factory operators maintain a certain minimal standard. They should do somethg about it.

sorry off track a little

bro nichi, how difficult is it to train a adult dog ? care to share your experience?
Old 13-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #22
Scout Trooper

Best is adopt.. The cats also getting the same fate as dogs in petshops...

He replied tat this kitten misses her mommy cat veri much and refuse to eat and cooperate wif them. The assistant told us tat this type of kittens/ puppies will be put to sleep if they refuse to eat or become active cos no ppl will buy them... Imagine the horror and sadness when me and my frens hear tat news... We immediately walk out of the store... fed up
The law forbids the general public to abuse and kill dogs/cats. PPl caught in the action will be prosecuted. But yet the bloody petshops can do that at will???? can call police or not ???? maybe should pretend pretend to ask the shop people and video record down what they say and sent to mediacorps New to force the governm do something.
Old 14-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #23

actually its not illegal. but its just too cruel for animal lovers to digest it. its not illegal to breed dogs over and over again. its just cruel thats all. and the breeders don feel anything.

if u call police is not use also. cuz its not physical abuse. not like they beat the dogs/cats up. its more like mental abuse. poor animals. we humans are worst than animals.
sheeeryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #24
Scout Trooper

actually its not illegal. but its just too cruel for animal lovers to digest it. its not illegal to breed dogs over and over again. its just cruel thats all. and the breeders don feel anything.

if u call police is not use also. cuz its not physical abuse. not like they beat the dogs/cats up. its more like mental abuse. poor animals. we humans are worst than animals.
actually is not the breeding part i am saying, wat legal right the petshop n petfarm ppl have that they can kill the "substandard" pups/kitten as they like? thats not abuse ?
Old 15-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #25
Supremacy Member

yeah its not illegal...they can breed as many times as they want and also put to sleep as many as they want to as long as they do not physically abuse the animals....the only way to invoke some kind of awareness in people is to send a spy in those actual farms in pasir ris and take pics/vids and then post on the net to spread awareness

as long as we do not show them the reality of it and try to invoke some feelings out of the people who keep buying dogs then the vicious cycle will just continue to run
Old 15-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #26

My dog is 11yrs old, if he passes away, i may not keep a pet anymore, but if i want to, i will adopt the next.
But then again, those dogs in the pet shops are poor thing too. at least in ASD , etc etc, they are taking good care of the dogs and cats, those pet shops are not taking care of them well, are we saving them if we buy from pet shops?
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #27

My dog is 11yrs old, if he passes away, i may not keep a pet anymore, but if i want to, i will adopt the next.
But then again, those dogs in the pet shops are poor thing too. at least in ASD , etc etc, they are taking good care of the dogs and cats, those pet shops are not taking care of them well, are we saving them if we buy from pet shops?
NO NO NO

Don't think you are saving them by buying them out. It will only lead to more animals being bred & put through the same. Don't support them, let the shops die out.

Take pictures & evidence, call Spca, file report, create awareness, write proper letters to the authorities requesting for a written reply on the matter. Usually they have to at least respond. If enough people do it, they will be forced to look into the matter seriously.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #28
Scout Trooper

Take pictures & evidence, call Spca, file report, create awareness, write proper letters to the authorities requesting for a written reply on the matter. Usually they have to at least respond. If enough people do it, they will be forced to look into the matter seriously.

agree !!! Thumbs up !!!
Old 16-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #29

NO NO NO

Don't think you are saving them by buying them out. It will only lead to more animals being bred & put through the same. Don't support them, let the shops die out.

On second thought, there are instances where you may save them by buying them out as an instant solution, but it will be costly. In this case also, you must report them fast enough or somehow prevent them from replacing it with another, stop the next animal from becoming a victim. So, very hard.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #30
Supremacy Member

u buy them out then its instant saving....but at the same time a lot of effort needs to be done to ensure that these pet breeders do not breed anymore of them....get the proper authorities to look into the matter

actually there should be a law which regulates how much a pet farm can breed within a year....this is to put some kind of control measures to prevent over-breeding by greedy people....some other countries already have this law...but its a pity singapore still dun have it....they only care about the economy and $$
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.