HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dont buy dogs from PETSHOPS, FARMS!! ADOPT INSTEAD!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #31
High Supremacy Member

They onli care abt money. Even if we don't buy, there still ppl whom are willing to pay thousands to get a high breed cat/dog.
Old 17-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #32

So sad to read that poor dogs are abused like that in puppy mills. Anyone with photos/video footages of any such hell places in Singapore? Pls report to authorities, pls have a heart. If enough ppl report to authorities about such places, surely action must be taken to check / regulate pet industry in Singapore?

Really hope more ppl adopt pets instead of buying. Many innocent young lives out there, waiting ever so eagerly for a loving family to love with all their hearts. Greatest gift to my family came in when he was 7-8yrs (estimated by vet), neglected, smelly with mangled hair and rotting skin. Now, he's our most handsome family member. Pride and joy of the family! Happily enjoying his golden years with us. Turned 13 this year, still happy and healthy, giving us all his unconditional love.

Pls adopt.
OscarKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 02:13 AM   #33
Master Member

its easy to tell ppl to adopt, but like what you said dogs are for 10yrs+, everyone wants to have their fav breed dog to keep, and who doesnt want to start off with a pup??
instead i think the authorities should be the one to enforce tight control over pet shops and farms.
gingerbreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #34

its easy to tell ppl to adopt, but like what you said dogs are for 10yrs+, everyone wants to have their fav breed dog to keep, and who doesnt want to start off with a pup??
instead i think the authorities should be the one to enforce tight control over pet shops and farms.
Well, that depends on how much someone can love the animals and how how much they are kept for personal own needs only. If it's for personal satisfaction & convenience, than it will be naturally easier to buy one which suits all the requirements.

Authorities are not competent at the moment, hence the problems. Else we won't be having this conversation in the 1st place. More so the reason we should do our part, rather than just depending or waiting for them.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476

Last edited by xtrname; 18-05-2008 at 06:05 AM..
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi., is there any forums i can visit to adpot a dog?

care to share? thnkas

so sad to see poor dogs being abused like this.

Pm my lawyer for pictures!
AlfredAlfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #36

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...03484&aid=2946
kenloonglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #37
Master Member

upzzzzzzzzzzzzz
enhanzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #38

So sad to read that poor dogs are abused like that in puppy mills. Anyone with photos/video footages of any such hell places in Singapore? Pls report to authorities, pls have a heart. If enough ppl report to authorities about such places, surely action must be taken to check / regulate pet industry in Singapore?

Really hope more ppl adopt pets instead of buying. Many innocent young lives out there, waiting ever so eagerly for a loving family to love with all their hearts. Greatest gift to my family came in when he was 7-8yrs (estimated by vet), neglected, smelly with mangled hair and rotting skin. Now, he's our most handsome family member. Pride and joy of the family! Happily enjoying his golden years with us. Turned 13 this year, still happy and healthy, giving us all his unconditional love.

Pls adopt.
yes, PLEASE ADOPT!!!!

PS. Your dog is FREAKING Cute.
abstractthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #39

For all the pet lovers...
EPYJ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #40

Uppppppppppppppppppppppp
sheeeryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #41

NO NO NO

Don't think you are saving them by buying them out. It will only lead to more animals being bred & put through the same. Don't support them, let the shops die out.

Take pictures & evidence, call Spca, file report, create awareness, write proper letters to the authorities requesting for a written reply on the matter. Usually they have to at least respond. If enough people do it, they will be forced to look into the matter seriously.

Some four years ago, I bought my rabbit from this aquarium at bukit timah. It was then housed in a very harsh condition; the cage was rusty and filthy, and the food they feed are not the best for rabbits. I suspected that the rabbit was way underage to be sold (between 1 to 2 months). Thus I decided to buy it. The next thing I realised was the rabbit could not stop scratching itself, and at the same time I kept on sneezing and scatching when I handle her (I have multiple allergies). So we brought her to the vet.

It was there that I realise that the poor little rabbit had fungus infection and fur mites. The doctor was quite apprehensive about using frontline (if i didn't remember wrongly) on her because she was too young and small, even the slightest bit of it might put her life at risk. Thus we used a spray on medication that took a longer time to rid her of mites. The fungus infection never really got cured until two years later.

Then I started wondering if I didn't buy the rabbit and were to contact AVA instead, will they put the rabbit to sleep because it was deemed to be sick? I believe AVA will most probably not save the animals and put them up for adoption; I never heard of such kind acts before.
SugarIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #42
Supremacy Member

Thumbs up

Some four years ago, I bought my rabbit from this aquarium at bukit timah. It was then housed in a very harsh condition; the cage was rusty and filthy, and the food they feed are not the best for rabbits. I suspected that the rabbit was way underage to be sold (between 1 to 2 months). Thus I decided to buy it. The next thing I realised was the rabbit could not stop scratching itself, and at the same time I kept on sneezing and scatching when I handle her (I have multiple allergies). So we brought her to the vet.

It was there that I realise that the poor little rabbit had fungus infection and fur mites. The doctor was quite apprehensive about using frontline (if i didn't remember wrongly) on her because she was too young and small, even the slightest bit of it might put her life at risk. Thus we used a spray on medication that took a longer time to rid her of mites. The fungus infection never really got cured until two years later.

Then I started wondering if I didn't buy the rabbit and were to contact AVA instead, will they put the rabbit to sleep because it was deemed to be sick? I believe AVA will most probably not save the animals and put them up for adoption; I never heard of such kind acts before.
you know, u could drop by the shop if it still exists and see if the pets there are being mistreated or abused sigh~ if god has his way.. we should be the ones eradicated from the planet to save other species..
Techadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #43

It's a hard choice, but I believe really depends on what can be done besides the buying or not, in this case in a Singapore context.

For me i do not believe i will ever buy them out unless there is no other recourse possible or the situation of the animal is dire. Perhaps, it is certain it will end there, say...the pet shop is closing down. But these are all highly unlikely scenarios.

We can't fault anyone for buying them out as it is a reflection of their kind hearts. And we all have different tolerances. But we need to consider if it will help all the other animals from the same source. If a shop owner knows he can sucessfully sell off an item in this condition, what are the chances he will try to improve the situation ? What if you do go back & find another replacement animal for sale, in the same condition.

It is really a case of choosing the lesser evil. But whichever, reporting needs to be done, to the right organisation of course.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #44

you know, u could drop by the shop if it still exists and see if the pets there are being mistreated or abused sigh~ if god has his way.. we should be the ones eradicated from the planet to save other species..
Yeahs. I went back a few times to see and each time i just see more rabbits in the same state, and some are even worse because they've got skins problems etc. But I was glad that they downsized last year, probably business isn't that good.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #45

It's a hard choice, but I believe really depends on what can be done besides the buying or not, in this case in a Singapore context.

For me i do not believe i will ever buy them out unless there is no other recourse possible or the situation of the animal is dire. Perhaps, it is certain it will end there, say...the pet shop is closing down. But these are all highly unlikely scenarios.

We can't fault anyone for buying them out as it is a reflection of their kind hearts. And we all have different tolerances. But we need to consider if it will help all the other animals from the same source. If a shop owner knows he can sucessfully sell off an item in this condition, what are the chances he will try to improve the situation ? What if you do go back & find another replacement animal for sale, in the same condition.

It is really a case of choosing the lesser evil. But whichever, reporting needs to be done, to the right organisation of course.
Yah, I get your point. But the thing about small pets like hamsters, gerbils or rabbits is that some pet shops will kill them to save vet costs, because it's just not economically feasible for them as they're running a business. It's more profitable for them to let these animals breed and they can produce several litters a year.

So let's say if i were to threaten them about complaining to the authorities, they will 'get rid' of these animals themselves (and I've come across one that involves a farm near cck area), or if i were to complain to the authorities, these animals will still be put to sleep. Either way, these animals just have to sacrifice so as to eradicate such unethical business owners.

I just hope that the relevant authorites can be stricter on breeding farms and pet shops instead of owners rearing cats and dogs 'illegally' in hdb etc.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.