HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dont buy dogs from PETSHOPS, FARMS!! ADOPT INSTEAD!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #61

sigh......i feel sad for animals all around the world
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #62

me always visit pasir ris pet farms.... cos there got many aquariums. (me keep fish @ home). i saw those doggies locked up in the cages at the back of the farm... omg like damn poor thing lor... the living conditions sux too..

if dun buy the dogs... maybe they will die a tragic death there... if buy the dogs, demand will increase supply.. then more n more puppy mills
Old 24-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #63
Master Member

yea it is also happening in singapore..one example: take a look at today's classified,someone placed an ad for providing a place for breeding at pasir ris FARM!

i think adopt would be a better choice as anyway young puppies are kinda troublesome haha
cutiedoggy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 02:51 AM   #64
Supremacy Member

Uppzz for awareness

Puppy mills BuS Turddss, May karma REACH CHIU sooN !!
Donnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #65

http://animalsforadoptionsg.wordpress.com/

there are many cute puppies and kittens here. does it make a difference whether they are pedigrees or strays or mutts? do it make a difference if they love you the same? doesnt mean an orphan will love their parents less than a child bore by their parents? so what if you bought your dog for a thousand bucks when it doesnt listen to you?

THINK BEFORE YOU BUY A DOG
sheeeryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #66
shk

Seriously, we should stop buying and adopting altogether. We shouldn't be keeping a pet in the first place. If you want pet shops to be wiped out, we should not stop at preventing the sale of pets, but include the food, accessories, care products for the animals altogether. Like what everyone agrees, if there is no demand, there will be no supply and thus no more suffering of these animals. Animals in the petshops must be sacrificed (not be be bought) for the greater good of the future generations. Abandoned animals should also be sacrificed to prevent people addicted to pet keeping thus promoting the supply of pet products which feeds the blood of the pet shops. Think further, not just between buying and adopting. I really hope the authorities will ban pet keeping such as dogs or cats in the HDB as this will put a huge dent into the revenue of pet shops. With lesser pet shops, lesser incentive to go into this business and animal abuse will be greatly reduced.
shk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #67

Hi,

I used to own 2 dogs, a golden retriever and a german shepard. Both died of natural causes ( old age ) about 10yrs ago, havent gotten a dog ever since because each time, the loss was quite painful.

but, like i said, 10yrs has already passed. I am interested in getting another dog. Other than the SPCA, are there any other places I can go to adopt?

are there specific criterias i must fulfil, other than questions regarding whether i am willing to invest time in taking care of the dog, pets are living things, not toys etc.

thanks
joelkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #68

pet shops sell animals which may have traveled long distances because they are imported in. Their immunity levels will have already been affected and may be prone to ill health!

ADOPT!

death to pet shops.

http://tinyurl.com/housebrand
Creevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #69
Supremacy Member

pet shops sell animals which may have traveled long distances because they are imported in. Their immunity levels will have already been affected and may be prone to ill health!

ADOPT!

death to pet shops.
sorry no offend for asking this. may i noe how true it is? any supporting scientific proof? thanks
Old 25-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #70
Supremacy Member

Hi,

I used to own 2 dogs, a golden retriever and a german shepard. Both died of natural causes ( old age ) about 10yrs ago, havent gotten a dog ever since because each time, the loss was quite painful.

but, like i said, 10yrs has already passed. I am interested in getting another dog. Other than the SPCA, are there any other places I can go to adopt?

are there specific criterias i must fulfil, other than questions regarding whether i am willing to invest time in taking care of the dog, pets are living things, not toys etc.

thanks
try ASD lor
lameness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #71

Cool

Seriously, we should stop buying and adopting altogether. We shouldn't be keeping a pet in the first place. If you want pet shops to be wiped out, we should not stop at preventing the sale of pets, but include the food, accessories, care products for the animals altogether. Like what everyone agrees, if there is no demand, there will be no supply and thus no more suffering of these animals. Animals in the petshops must be sacrificed (not be be bought) for the greater good of the future generations. Abandoned animals should also be sacrificed to prevent people addicted to pet keeping thus promoting the supply of pet products which feeds the blood of the pet shops. Think further, not just between buying and adopting. I really hope the authorities will ban pet keeping such as dogs or cats in the HDB as this will put a huge dent into the revenue of pet shops. With lesser pet shops, lesser incentive to go into this business and animal abuse will be greatly reduced.
I think animal abuse or not, it mainly depends on the people, if they are well educated, having a pet, as people say, is okay. Moreover, I feel that they are best friends to humans, especially dogs, they are my family. If nobody buys them, nobody adopts them, what will happen to them? This might be their only chance to get a new life, be it good or bad, it all depends on the owners and we can only leave it to fate. But what most important is still education. If we do not have pet food and stuff like that, how are they going to survive, let alone reproduce or be happy? Would this lead to extinction as well? (Though this thought is abit far-fetched.)
katherinekaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #72
Supremacy Member

I think animal abuse or not, it mainly depends on the people, if they are well educated, having a pet, as people say, is okay. Moreover, I feel that they are best friends to humans, especially dogs, they are my family. If nobody buys them, nobody adopts them, what will happen to them? This might be their only chance to get a new life, be it good or bad, it all depends on the owners and we can only leave it to fate. But what most important is still education. If we do not have pet food and stuff like that, how are they going to survive, let alone reproduce or be happy? Would this lead to extinction as well? (Though this thought is abit far-fetched.)
There are a lot of animals to be adopted. There's no need to buy any. They will be enough to sustain the shops which sell only food and accesories.

People only need to get beyond their superficiality. Active enforcement of regulations will reduce the randomness of their fate.
Yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #73

There are a lot of animals to be adopted. There's no need to buy any. They will be enough to sustain the shops which sell only food and accesories.

People only need to get beyond their superficiality. Active enforcement of regulations will reduce the randomness of their fate.
Well, I have to agree that I personally would adpot one rather than buy, as I have 2 lovely "siblings" at home. My first one is a maltese, currently 13 years old, adopted by my dad when he was 4, hard to train, not very good temperament, but I still love him. My second one is a jack russell, lovely girl, came to me when she was almost a year old, also adopted from another family who couldn't have her any longer.

The love for them has to come from the heart, and people who adopt must be willing to live with the partners they choose, learn to love and appreciate their presence.

Learn to give and explore~
katherinekaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmm what are the few organisations that take care of pets and animals? I was a dog handler before and i really miss getting close to animals... so was thinking of volunteering... I only know SPCA... what other places there is? How does the adoption process goes? I do fear one day i grew too comfortable with some dogs there might adopt home haha....

Okay side track a bit... eh where is the best place to get a Hamster? Most of the time get from Johor coz very cheap... But funny thing is... my gf can rear her hamster for 4 years...... wherelse the longest living hamster we ever reared is 2 years max... why?

Last edited by kediraksith; 31-08-2009 at 03:58 PM..
kediraksith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #75

my heart is aching. reaching out to doggies. :'(
grapefruitjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.