HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HELP our Voiceless Animals - REPORTING CRUELTY and ABUSE !

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #16

firstly, many pet shops i've seen, DISALLOW photos to be taken. In my opinion, it seems to be trying to get away with any possible misdeeds.

Secondly, AVA should be the one - advertise/call for volunteers. Then only the public can keep a look out for such cases when they go to pet shops.
And give them the right to take photos. Or at least, issue them the 'volunteer officer card' to get the right to take photos.
autumni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

firstly, many pet shops i've seen, DISALLOW photos to be taken. In my opinion, it seems to be trying to get away with any possible misdeeds.

Secondly, AVA should be the one - advertise/call for volunteers. Then only the public can keep a look out for such cases when they go to pet shops.
And give them the right to take photos. Or at least, issue them the 'volunteer officer card' to get the right to take photos.
Waiting for AVA to do anything is an irony as they are the ones who have been failing to impose or enforce the neccesary regulations for the safeguard of animals in the 1st place.

If we are serious, we need to do our active parts. Our society has been too conditioned to always need 'official approval' before we dare to do anything, even if it's the right thing.
Yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #18

Waiting for AVA to do anything is an irony as they are the ones who have been failing to impose or enforce the neccesary regulations for the safeguard of animals in the 1st place.

If we are serious, we need to do our active parts. Our society has been too conditioned to always need 'official approval' before we dare to do anything, even if it's the right thing.

unfortunately, not having the rights from the gov, ppl don't give a damn to wat is being said even if it IS right. It's not dare or not dare, but rather, whether the effort put in would be gone to waste, w/o the gov's approval.

in that case, push for AVA to do that - recruiting volunteer.
autumni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 02:55 AM   #19

unfortunately, not having the rights from the gov, ppl don't give a damn to wat is being said even if it IS right. It's not dare or not dare, but rather, whether the effort put in would be gone to waste, w/o the gov's approval.

I believe what the earlier poster means is that one can always start to be pro active already.

If the AVA volunteer scheme does come about, that's great. But why wait for it to happen first before we start doing anything. What happens if the scheme never comes about.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

Hope your proposal to AVA is coming along well.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hong Lim Park! Hong Lim Park!
If there's a Pink Dot Day, we should have a Brown Nose Day there as well!

~~思念萱萱~~
Miss Hsuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #22
Master Member

Twenty over caregivers and feeders met up with A.M.K. town council recently and a direct meeting with A.V.A. was mooted. C.W.S. was said to be liaison between them. No news so far. Hope many of us can attend when the date is set.
sarlame_saucepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #23

Hong Lim Park! Hong Lim Park!
If there's a Pink Dot Day, we should have a Brown Nose Day there as well!
There was a public plea made at Hong Lim Park last Saturday by a local caregiver on this.

Things are really moving along. Even China has made a draft animal protection act but will take 10 years to become law.

Old 24-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #24

Written Answer by Ministry of National Development on Animal Cruelty

LINK : AVA prosecutes 7 cases out 1000 complaints

Parliamentary Q&A

Written Answer by Ministry of National Development on Animal Cruelty

11 JANUARY 2010

Question No. 53
Question by: Dr Lam Pin Min

Dr Lam Pin Min asked the Minister for National Development (a) what is the number of abandoned pets in Singapore over the past 3 years and how are they managed; (b) what efforts has AVA taken to control the abandoning of pets; and (c) how many cases of cruelty to animals were reported and their perpetrators persecuted over the past 3 years.

AVA receives about 350 cases of feedback per year on alleged animal cruelty. AVA investigates all feedback and will prosecute an offender if there is sufficient evidence and witnesses are willing to testify in Court to the alleged offence. AVA has successfully prosecuted two cases and fined five other offenders in the last three years.

350 cases of feedback per year = 1000 cases over 3 years
Number of cases AVA prosecuted over 3 years = 7 (2 prosecuted, 5 fined)

Last edited by xtrname; 24-01-2010 at 07:29 AM..
Old 28-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #25

Link : Public Awareness Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #26

I have done my minor role in protecting the cats in my neighbourhood against any cruelty. So far, the cats are doing pretty well.

If anyone seen any cruelty to animals and need help, pls tell me. I will gladly to whatever it takes.....
celicagt42010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #27

I have done my minor role in protecting the cats in my neighbourhood against any cruelty. So far, the cats are doing pretty well.

If anyone seen any cruelty to animals and need help, pls tell me. I will gladly to whatever it takes.....
That's great. Only if there are more people like you around.

tip: the ground staff, esp the area cleaners and supervisors are good people to touch base with.

Old 22-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

http://zeuscommunications.blogspot.c...l#comment-form

details
Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #29

Exclamation Adopt, don't buy...

buying 'branded' cats and dogs will only serve to sustain and help puppy mills...

http://stopanimalabuse.blogspot.com/
Old 20-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #30

Singapore dog breeder jailed for animal cruelty

SINGAPORE, Friday 23 July 2010 (AFP) - A Singaporean dog breeder convicted of cruelty to animals will have to serve a six-week jail sentence after failing to pay a fine, a government agency said Friday.

The Agri-Veterinary Authority (AVA), which safeguards food supply as well as the health of animals, said its investigations found that 43-year-old Ng Kok Ming had caused unnecessary suffering to six dogs he owned.

Ng was fined 30,000 Singapore dollars (21,850 US) after a court trial but was unable to pay the amount, so he has to serve time in prison.

The AVA said Ng had compromised the animals' welfare by failing to "provide adequate food and veterinary attention" to the dogs.

It said it began investigations in August after a routine inspection at a farm that housed three dogs Ng had given away after he ran into financial trouble.

Singapore, where pet ownwership is growing in popularity, has been cracking down on animal cruelty.

In February, a 41-year-old man was jailed for 10 weeks after he pleaded guilty to killing a cat by smashing it twice against a wall.

Two owners of a dog shown being beaten in a clip posted on video-sharing site YouTube have been issued a stern warning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.