HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ok to leave dog alone in the car with window shut?

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #1

ok to leave dog alone in the car with window shut?

hi all,

just wanna to get a general opinions from all here. yest after work, i went to my basement carpark and I spotted a dog looking anxiously for the owner from inside the car. when the dog saw me, it started to bark non stop even when i walked past and away from the car.

after i put my bag in my own car and walked back to the car. stood there for about 2-3mins, the female owner came. when she saw me, she gave a suspicious glare and continued to her car. i approached her and commented "you left yr dog in the car?" She turned defensive and insisted that she woundn't ill treat her dog and its only for 10mins so dn't worry. So I tot i dn't want her to think wrongly, so i just said i am also a dog owner but i wouldn't leave my dog alone in the car with the window shut. she reliterated again, i wn't ill treat my dog and its only 10mins so dnt worry. So I just left her alone lo.

so qn is is it really ok to leave the dog alone with window shut for 10mins - its at a basement carpark la.. so no direct sunlight or anything..
linzw00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Master Member

would you leave yourself or a kid with the windows shut?

i think the answer is pretty simple right? can't even be bother to roll down the window just an inch.
Old 21-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #3

Its ok.. I will roll down 2inches of the windows. Its just for a short time of 10 mins.
debbue96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Master Member

just ensure there's a gap for air to flow.
debbue96 likes this.
Old 23-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

would you leave yourself or a kid with the windows shut?

i think the answer is pretty simple right? can't even be bother to roll down the window just an inch.
i wanted to say that.
Old 23-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #6

I will not. who knows what might happen.
scarcely someone comes after his meat, besides the concern abt air issues
autumni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #7

the lady sounds defensive..prob guilty for ill-treating her dog.
breadmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #8

The thing is sometime people get absence minded and forgot the dog in the car. I personally think that that can become a really bad habit.
So many cases where ppl did that and left the dog or kids in the car. Forgot about it. And came back to see a dead body
skysky3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #9

Ya put yourself in the shoes of the dog. If we feel hot, the dog will feel even hotter. Once in summer, saw a dog in a car, windows a bit down. Poor dog. I threw ice into the car for the poor dog.
cattwl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #10

ya.. thks guys.. actually i just wanna to know the general opinion of others in case i encounter the same thing again and i can be more assertive. at least i know i am not being paranoid.

for that female owner, i wanted to say more but i was afraid kenna scold by her to mind my own biz or being a nosy parker..
IronMac likes this.
linzw00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Greater Supremacy Member

Likely she has driven with ac on, now left dog in car with engine off to do quick errands inside the car with leftover ac
jq75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #12
Master Member

I am glad that you were assertive in this situation. I read about this sort of thing happening elsewhere and it's a terrible way to die. I know that now some fire departments or police will break open the vehicle to take children and pets out.

And it doesn't matter if it is a basement carpark or not. Being in a sealed up area, the temperature can rise very quickly. I once took an exam and they had us all line up in a hallway. It was a very cold winter's day (I studied outside of SG) but within half an hour we were all sweating in a hallway with no heating.

ya.. thks guys.. actually i just wanna to know the general opinion of others in case i encounter the same thing again and i can be more assertive. at least i know i am not being paranoid.
IronMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #13

Singapore is a dog unfriendly place compared to Taiwan.. Hong kong.. N parts of europe. Too much restrictions!!!

hi all,

just wanna to get a general opinions from all here. yest after work, i went to my basement carpark and I spotted a dog looking anxiously for the owner from inside the car. when the dog saw me, it started to bark non stop even when i walked past and away from the car.

after i put my bag in my own car and walked back to the car. stood there for about 2-3mins, the female owner came. when she saw me, she gave a suspicious glare and continued to her car. i approached her and commented "you left yr dog in the car?" She turned defensive and insisted that she woundn't ill treat her dog and its only for 10mins so dn't worry. So I tot i dn't want her to think wrongly, so i just said i am also a dog owner but i wouldn't leave my dog alone in the car with the window shut. she reliterated again, i wn't ill treat my dog and its only 10mins so dnt worry. So I just left her alone lo.

so qn is is it really ok to leave the dog alone with window shut for 10mins - its at a basement carpark la.. so no direct sunlight or anything..
debbue96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #14

In hot days like the recent weeks, when I am in the school hall, I can really die of heat!!!!
And to think it is a sheltered area, with the doors wide open.

What more about being in a car???!!!
autumni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #15

Please DON'T leave your dog in a car with all the windows/doors shut.
Imagine yourself sitting in a car in that condition.
Can you take it?
huggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.