Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Pet food (Dog Owners PLEASE READ)

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 05:30 PM   #16

Originally posted by quicklime
actually im a bit worried that homecooked isnt nutritious enough..been planning to borrow some books and read up more.
those who feeds homecooked..do u add any supplements?

My 13.5 years old pug had been on a homemade meal diet for all his life.

Always chicken breast meat boiled with a bit of salt and garlic. Sometime chicken liver and heart instead of the breast meat. This meal is for dinner only, in the morning, a lot of stuff from bread, noodle with chicken, rice, milk, cakes, dry dog food........

Basically, he is a glutton, eats anything, my dad never control. I think garlic is a very potent food to kill germs in the dog's body.

Lots of junk food from my dad to the little buddy, sweet made of milk (that rabbit brand).
gokk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #17
Great Supremacy Member

cat food is very ex...
and my cat wont take anything wif jelly ...
is there anything else he can eat ???
cty85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2003, 04:40 PM   #18

chances are, if you feed the pet (cat or dog also the same) pedigree, they will go back n eat their own sh*t cos the stuff has so much artifical flavouring inside. wld recommend nutro for those pets that need to maintain their nice long coats, itz smelly enough for them to like it, n ingredients are better than eukanuba's.

as for the special dog chocs, itz just oatmeal that smell like choc n taste like it as well (swear to god, my frn really tried n he liked it!). so if both u n ur dog like chocs, just rem to get extra packet for urself...

natural diet is good (BARF diet) but most dry kibble (aka dog biscuits) are good enough to cover all their nutritional need, unless ur dog got sensitive stomach then must take care lah. but try not to save on the food cos wat goes into the dog's mouth will certainly show up one way or the other =p
Old 03-08-2003, 04:37 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

Other brands that I would consider for cats: Innova, Pinnacle, Felidae, Eagle Pack Holistic Select, Solid Gold, Back to Basics, Abady.
Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2003, 12:56 AM   #20
Banned

my yorkie don't eat canned food, dog biscuits,
my wife's cooked for him everyday
but he eats only once
and he seldom finish his food
he likes those expensive japanese titbits
which i bought for him
he never fail to except them
i sometimes wonders how he survive with so
less food
my wife's usually cooks chicken breast, thigh
sometimes mutton, beef mixed with vegetables,
beans and carrots and corn
JOGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2003, 01:23 PM   #21

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jhmae
[B]chances are, if you feed the pet (cat or dog also the same) pedigree, they will go back n eat their own sh*t cos the stuff has so much artifical flavouring inside. wld recommend nutro for those pets that need to maintain their nice long coats, itz smelly enough for them to like it, n ingredients are better than eukanuba's. ]]

yah i have this problem, my westie keep eating his own **** . Anyway to stop it??
heygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:41 AM   #22

Qwerty thanks

Last edited by Da_Hamster; 24-02-2015 at 10:29 PM..
Da_Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 04:14 PM   #23
Master Member

My dog is about 11 years old already.

We usually feed him 2 cans of Caesar and some dry food mixed. Also give him some Val syrup (for iron supplement), and also Sasha's Mix (for his joints).

He used to take 500mg (1 capsule) of glucosemine as he has problems climbing up stairs and getting up - his hind legs a bit week.

We started the Sasha mix only 3 days ago, and according to the brochures, it should see some improvement after 10-14 days.

The vet also recommended that we added slices of liver for him.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 07:35 PM   #24

Does Caesar affect dog and cause it to drop fur... I am having this fur shedding problem and I still wonder if this products is the main cause of action.

Use to cook chick breast meat for him but no vitamin and fibre for my dog. Wonder what basic stuff U fed to ur dog to prevent it from shedding lots of fur.

I had a chi wa wa long fur breed dog . Fed with 1 x Caesar everyday and with addition of some suppliment but sometime he just smell the food and walks away. Anyone has another good recommendation beside just chicken meat mix with supplement to fed ur dog?
Old 21-09-2003, 06:41 AM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

My friend only believe in quality stuff, always buy Solid Gold
Mix Solid Gold's canned meat with Solid Gold dry food
Overall quite good
Got everyday give cod liver oil & vitamins

but his dog got skin problems, visit vet 2 times, vet say that type of skin problem is common...

Experienced dog owners...skin problems & food related anot ?
so can advise him
DarkBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 05:15 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

btw, it has been researched & found that many processed commercial dry type dog food is extremely hazardous for dogs. Many contain meat-by-products, which consist of stuff like heart, lungs, intestines, bladders, brains, etc.

These by-products are left behind after processing food meant for human consumption, like burger patties & roast turkeys. The remaining unwanted parts of different animals are then mashed & grinded together, formed into little kibbles, & then deep fried to produce what many believe to be high quality, clean & nutritious food.

These foods are harmful because:

1. Oily - being deep fried they are extremely oily (try putting them on a tissue & observe) & introduce a component into your pets diet which never existed for millions of years : fried oil. This will eventually lead to cancer.

2. Mixing different meats together into single product means that you have no idea which meat protein is causing your pet to get allergies or sick. Also remember, Mad Cow disease occurred because farmers fed their cows with mixed meats & remains of other animals.

3. The hard poo that your pets produce, that so many people think is good, is the result of the constipation effect the food has on your pet.
note:We humans, however, refrain from excessive fried food & rich food like chocolates & durians to AVOID CONSTIPATION.

4. One reason why pets tend to "stupidly & disgustingly" eat their own poo is because kibbles are so difficult to digest your pet can still detect undigested food in their poo & thus eats them.

5. These dry kibbles also cause your pet to be dehydrated & thus tend to drink a lot of water, in turn causes them to pee a lot, & this makes your toilet training extremely difficult & fail.
boogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2003, 11:45 PM   #27
Master Member

try
1) Solid Gold
2) Canidae
3) ANF

I am feeding mine with ANF dry and canned. Had switch from solid gold. Was advise by some expert, cos i wanna get my schnauzer stout and sturdy. Protein 30gram.

Breakfast- 3 spoon dry
Lunch - Frog Leg
Dinner - 2spoon dry and 1.5 spoon canned
yvesgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

Originally posted by yvesgoh
try
1) Solid Gold
2) Canidae
3) ANF

I am feeding mine with ANF dry and canned. Had switch from solid gold. Was advise by some expert, cos i wanna get my schnauzer stout and sturdy. Protein 30gram.

Breakfast- 3 spoon dry
Lunch - Frog Leg
Dinner - 2spoon dry and 1.5 spoon canned
WAH FROG LEGS?

that's a new protein. my dog had sores eating pork & chicken, so now he's having pacific dory fillets!!

solid gold seems to be good, all natural. not sure about ANF, though Canidae gives me dog rashes.
boogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 11:37 PM   #29

Actually allergy varies from dog to dog. One dog may do very well on a certain type of kibble yet another just react badly.

In fact fish is one of the best protein you can give to your dog.
BMW7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 11:38 PM   #30

Originally posted by JOGK
my yorkie don't eat canned food, dog biscuits,
my wife's cooked for him everyday
but he eats only once
and he seldom finish his food
he likes those expensive japanese titbits
which i bought for him
he never fail to except them
i sometimes wonders how he survive with so
less food
my wife's usually cooks chicken breast, thigh
sometimes mutton, beef mixed with vegetables,
beans and carrots and corn
How heavy is your yorkie? They are rather small in size your dog is just eating accordingly I reckon.

Unless your dog is not eating, I won't be overly worried.
BMW7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.