Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2003, 09:29 AM   #31
Master Member

Re: Pet food (Dog Owners PLEASE READ)

Originally posted by CFC
Hi everyone.

I believe most of you are feeding your beloved pet dog with commercial dog food and i know there are some doting owners out there feeding their darling home cooked food specially made for their furry friends.

By all means feed your dog with your home cooked food specially made for your pet dog, but please give them a balance diet. And i would suggest that you just feed them normal kibbles dog food as they are specially formulated for your dog.

And for those owners who are feeding their pet dog dry food currently, I'd advise you to get one that's well balance and of the popular brand. DO NOT try to save on your dog's expenses and it's no good for it's health.

I'd recommend you getting your pet food supplies from reputable pet shops and not commercial supermarkets.

I would mention brand name here, but there's this famous brand available in almost all supermarkets, and i believe most of you will know what brand i'm referring to now. This particular brand's salt contain is too high that all my friend who fed their dogs on it, had fur dropping problems.
After they changed to more famous and more expensive brands like Eukanuba(my recommendation) and Science Diet, the fur problem just vanish.

If you have the time, compare the nutritional contain of all the possible brand you are considering to buy.

Also, i'm against the idea of feeding our beloved furry folks canned food.
In my opinion and experience, canned food will stink your pet's breath and not only that, you will have trouble feeding your pet pure kibbles meal in future as the canned food are definitely more delicious.

Ok, those are my two cents worth of thought. Any comments?
feeding my dog with solid gold. my schnauzer coat now wow
shootminow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2003, 09:31 AM   #32
Master Member

Originally posted by DarkBlue
My friend only believe in quality stuff, always buy Solid Gold
Mix Solid Gold's canned meat with Solid Gold dry food
Overall quite good
Got everyday give cod liver oil & vitamins

but his dog got skin problems, visit vet 2 times, vet say that type of skin problem is common...

Experienced dog owners...skin problems & food related anot ?
so can advise him
its true me now using solid gold after changing from science diet and anf
shootminow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #33

There so many different kind of solid gold dry and can food in the pet shop. Which one is actually suitable for my 10 old golden retriever who had been eating pedigree for all his life !
seahch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2003, 08:07 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

i've a 3 month old maltese and 3 month old shih tsu.
may i know whats the best pet food i can get for them?
sambuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 02:09 AM   #35
Banned

Originally posted by MRaJ
hmmm.

REMEMBER

Chocolates are LETHAL to dogs.

dun try..

i know a fren whos dog died of it..
i repeat... DONT TRY
n0W thEN i knoW...
reload2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2003, 04:28 PM   #36
Master Member

Originally posted by reload2003

n0W thEN i knoW...
Onions and grape too.. :>
yvesgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 10:24 AM   #37

Originally posted by Hacker
Canidae not bad, no Corn Wheat, Soy, Grain Fractions or Fillers and Naturally Preserved.
ya! i'm feeding my 7 1/2 mths old shih tzu canidae too. just bought 40 pounds of it. i've tried some brands like nutro...he doesn't like...
blueNwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #38

Originally posted by sambuca
i've a 3 month old maltese and 3 month old shih tsu.
may i know whats the best pet food i can get for them?
i think it depends on your dog. i've tried all sorts of brands (wet n dry) before i finally settle with canidae (dry) n cesar (wet) coz i guess my pup is as picky as me. =p
blueNwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2003, 02:31 PM   #39

My schnauzer had bumps and my vet recommended eukanuba prescription.
The coat now is good.
Can only be bought from pet clinics.
Cost $28 for 6 lbs i think.
luxurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2004, 05:56 PM   #40

Caesar really nice leh. even i smell already also hungry. My doggies love it.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:48 PM   #41

for dogs that r eating their won s**t...mayb its becos they r still hungry or becos they r sick...when my dog is feeling unwell he will tends to drink his own p**s....but lucky for me he doesnt eat his own s**t ...mayb they pick up the habit frm the pet shop they comes frm cos some pet shop owners feed very little to the puppies...

ermm as for dry food ya my dog used to eat eagle then change to anf then nw have to cook for him cos doc says he cant take dry food..have to take rice...so i bo bian everyday muz cook for him like his personal maid...heard dat a certain brand p******e is not healthy for dogs as they normally used bypass or left overs frm slaughter hse..hw true i dunnnoe but i dun like the brand personally...

theres a society dat i like to bring up here call action for singapore dogs (ASD)

www.asdsingapore.com

quite a cool society
prettygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #42

Izit ok to feed my doggies with GNC Vitamin C pills? some vet recommended my doggies to take Vit C. Please advise.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:47 AM   #43

Originally posted by prettygal
....so i bo bian everyday muz cook for him like his personal maid...
Ha! ha! Loved the way you expressed it! Just like my dog. But I think they're all worth every bit of effort 'cos they're the best creatures in the whole world.

My dog eats dry food plus cooked food too - dry for breakfast and we leave it out throughout the day for him when he gets hungry or wants a snack. The cooked food (beef and rice, or fish and rice) is for dinner.
mgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 12:54 PM   #44

haiz....ya ya..though im like his personal maid..but i love to do it lor...cos yes..hes my very precious baby.....i think cos hes fed on rice (best if its brown rice) he doesnt hv the prob of fur droppin...i dun see lumps of furs on the floors..n he seldom drop furs oso...diet is very impt...dun feed yr dogs with high salt content products....n dun feed them chocolates....i give my dog supplements though....used to buy calcium pills frm the vet n fed him with those low lactose milk powder (for human babies) when hes was young...nw hes very healthy i think...goin 7 yrs old liao...

n ya ..saw the report on pedigree products..told u guys dat brand not gd liao....pple who buy them cos they cheap will regret nw cos they dun realise by buying cheap food for their dogs they r goin to pay more for the medical expenses in the future...n oh...got a clinic to intro...quite gd but a little X...Animal recovery centre..(ARC) ...the vets there r quite frenly n they tell u wat happen n etc etc....
prettygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2004, 06:34 PM   #45

I own a Maltese that is coming to 3 years old. I swear by Eagle Pack, the formula that comes in the blue packaging.

Used to feed it chicken breast meat, but as someone said, not enough fibre, caused stomach upset. Tried to add rice/porridge as advised by vet, but didn't really work. Plus bird flu biz, now I've totally dropped chicken breast meat.

Caesar is also good, but I use it more as a treat than a daily meal. Must keep my dog looking forward to it.:laugh:
Z_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.