HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Pet food (Dog Owners PLEASE READ)

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #46
Supremacy Member

Originally posted by luxurious
My schnauzer had bumps and my vet recommended eukanuba prescription.
The coat now is good.
Can only be bought from pet clinics.
Cost $28 for 6 lbs i think.
Same for me...my doggie is eating Innova and the coat is now super....

The last time I sent for grooming, had to shave it botak. Now it really looks like a mini schnauzer .

Last edited by Hacker; 06-04-2004 at 01:54 PM..
Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:44 AM   #47

My dog fed on Evolve and some of the recommended stuff from friends who know more on Pets Health & Nutrition
Old 14-05-2004, 05:17 AM   #48
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by quicklime

i'll recommend innova, california natural, or abady.
Tried the first 2 before..good...poo also not so stinky.
the new brand azmira supposedly very delicious..haben tried thou..

wah!! All super premium food....if I feed my 2 boys these, I'll probably be eating grass myself.

try not to feed abady long term....heard that abady is too concentrated nutrients....many dogs cannot take it.

Now my 2 boys are on Avoderm Active care Lamb and brown rice. Gotta switch to something cheaper already. going to adopt 2 more dogs....
pew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #49
Supremacy Member

how abt science diet dry food? 'most vets recommended it --->de package stated'
itz oily to the touch, contains oils for great looking hair ar?
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 03:44 AM   #50
pew
Arch-Supremacy Member

Originally posted by Astro
how abt science diet dry food? 'most vets recommended it --->de package stated'
itz oily to the touch, contains oils for great looking hair ar?
science diet is one of the oilest among most common brand. Smells very good also (one of the strongest smelling ones as well) most dogs I encounter love science diet.
Can't remember, there is one ingredient inside science diet not safe, or something like that, because of that, alot of ppl don recommend.
pew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

eh what about cat food?
i feeding my kitty science diet
his fur like become fuzzy leh... feeding him this for about 6 months liao.. is it time to change???? what brand is good ah?
he likes to eat raw beef also
he is a bengal so he is suppose to eat raw meat .
he likes chicken wings also

so what cat dry food and canned food u all recommend?
distindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #52

My 9mth old schnauzer is on Pinnacle Trout and Sweet potatoes with abit of Solid Gold Seameal. So far so good. I switched her from SD to Pinnacle as SD uses by-product chicken meal which is not good.

Every Saturday, I'll feed her Pinnacle Chicken & Veggies canned food. :cool:

Last edited by charvet; 07-08-2004 at 11:56 AM..
charvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #53

My 3 JRTs are taking Eagle Pack (dry) and the can one I forgot the name. All I remembered it was mock food. I'm thinking to change the dry one as they seem to have some skin problems... Asked the vet at ARC b4, told me JRTs are known to have this problem...

Any suggestions? :confused:
DonalkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2004, 12:19 AM   #54

There so many different kind of solid gold dry and can food in the pet shop. Which one is actually suitable for my 10 old golden retriever who had been eating pedigree for all his life !
Solid Gold, Holistique(deep green package) is excellent for older dogs. Had been feeding my adopted Shih Tzu on Pedigree previously, with no idea how 'good' it was since he's my first dog. He had skin problem when he came too, the common type from heat, pretty bad shape. But after some recommendations, we switched to Solid Gold, Holistique. It's natural fish , gives proteins and does wonders for his coat. Really thankful. The skin problem cleared up after some medicated shampoo baths. Put on weight with excellent appetite ever since. We feed him on rice+chicken breast meat+carrots(for eyes)+SG fish(10~15%) everday cuz he refuses on a pure dry food diet. Sometime my mum change menu and give boiled egg, minced pork etc.

Here's the description on the dry food from solid gold's webbie for your convenience:

Dry food formula made with Oatmeal, Rye, Menhaden Herring and Potatoes. Ideal for less active adult or senior dogs, to maintain total health. Perfect for those dogs who require less protein and fat.

Protein, Min 18%
Fat, Min 6%
Fiber, Max 4%
Moisture, Max 10%
Calories per cup, 336

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oatmeal | Rye | Menhaden Fish Meal | Potatoes | Salmon Oil | Sesame Oil | Almond Oil | Lentils | Dried Sea Vegetation | Green Tea | Garlic | Spearmint | Pumpkin Meal | Quinoa | Cranberry Meal | Apple Meal | Taurine | Carotene | Choline Chloride | Calcium Carbonate | Vitamin E Supplement | Iron Proteinate | Vitamin A Supplement | Zinc Proteinate | Niacin Supplement | Folic Acid | Thiamine | Pyridoxine Hydrochloride | Manganese Proteinate | Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide |
OscarKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #55

Thumbs up Solid Gold Holistic Is The Best

Well, I'm feeding this to my 3 dogs; Jack russell / Shetland / Malamute... all with this godly Solid Gold Holistic... Its a fish diet.... Its so gd my dogs love it and they never have any skin problems/poop problems or anything... try it...

YOU'LL LOVE IT.... ;D Pay abit more for Quality food...

I went to some pet shops and they recommend me some bull**** brands... I dont wanna mention the brands... well, and the worst thing is, they start complaining that Science diet and solid gold are the worst brands... WOW...

Why would everyone be using them if they are the WORST... and why are they're companies so much larger then those bull**** brands...

Well, I still believe in top BRANDS...
Old 12-02-2005, 08:43 AM   #56

anyone who feeds their doggie lots of fish? mine seems to like fish very much (though without bones of course)
Old 13-02-2005, 10:12 PM   #57

Not me , anyone knows how come my JRT has hotspots over her belly ? But juz a few , not a lot , izzit becuz of e weather or ? Oh , DUN FEED UR DOG RAISINS ! IT KILLS ! read it somewhere b4 ! beware of raisins !!
SkullzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #58
Master Member

my dog got alot of those pimples on his back leh...
suspious food problem...
do u guys tink if i change the dog food from solidgold puppy lamb to this solidgod holistic...will it help??
Old 18-04-2005, 02:27 AM   #59
Supremacy Member

I fed my golden retriever ANF and the **** was smelly...until we switched to Eagle Pack, then **** smell is near undetectable haha.

one of my frens feed his golden retriever w Pedigree for 10+ yrs and never has any problem w the dog. I do find Pedigree packet meat cubes smell delicious to me also.
tellim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #60
High Supremacy Member

eh what about cat food?
i feeding my kitty science diet
his fur like become fuzzy leh... feeding him this for about 6 months liao.. is it time to change???? what brand is good ah?
he likes to eat raw beef also
he is a bengal so he is suppose to eat raw meat .
he likes chicken wings also

so what cat dry food and canned food u all recommend?
How old is your kitty?

I feed my 6 year old cat a mixture of iams chicken and science diet SD (prescription only)...

I occasionally mixed in whiskas wet food for him
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.