HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

Anyone know where can i get samples of those gd brands of dry cat food??? I have tried asking in pet shops and they don have.
Old 19-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #17

Anyone know where can i get samples of those gd brands of dry cat food??? I have tried asking in pet shops and they don have.
Am feeding my princess - Natural Balance Low Calorie Diet because she is a little overweight :-) She likes the food and I find that her coat is shinner and also less shedding. I usually order my supplies online (veronica@urbanbiker.org or mobile 9169-3529). I do receive some samples from the supplier, if they are available.
rade1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #18
Supremacy Member

wow nice thread.

i've been feeding my cats science diet, eukabana, iams... but now tempted to change.

but what's good and cheap (value for money)? have seen those organic ones but really too expensive. I agree its about basic nutrition, not over-nutrition. Self-cooking is too difficult.
a562140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #19
High Supremacy Member

Am feeding my princess - Natural Balance Low Calorie Diet because she is a little overweight :-) She likes the food and I find that her coat is shinner and also less shedding. I usually order my supplies online (veronica@urbanbiker.org or mobile 9169-3529). I do receive some samples from the supplier, if they are available.
Think i must go check out wif other pet shops for samples. Or ask some of my frens if they can gib any samples of dry food which they feed their cats.
Old 20-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #20

Think i must go check out wif other pet shops for samples. Or ask some of my frens if they can gib any samples of dry food which they feed their cats.
I can send you some 'Taste of the wild'. All my cats took to it immediately. But they are usually not fussy eaters.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #21

I used Natural Balance.

For variety sake I am using Taste of the Wild.

Bought Nutro Gold but havent tried it yet.

What about can food?

I find Fussie cat canned food the best so far just by the looks of it.
zhiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

how about Aristo? I understand it has no colouring but some feeders say cats do not like it. Maybe they're used to the sweet colouring. The first time I feed Aristo dried food to the community cats, they do not eat it. It is only after the third or fourth attempt before they start to nibble on it.
goaheadbingostan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #23

how about Aristo? I understand it has no colouring but some feeders say cats do not like it. Maybe they're used to the sweet colouring. The first time I feed Aristo dried food to the community cats, they do not eat it. It is only after the third or fourth attempt before they start to nibble on it.

i think fussie cats canned food is really a lot better and the cost is the same. it actually looks delicious to me and the fishes comes in whole

i dun really trust QH brands of food...
Old 24-08-2010, 04:00 AM   #24

Iams Proactive Health Original

Ingredient list
Chicken, Corn Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Grits, Poultry By-Product Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Flavor............

Ingredients go by weight, so the 1st several items are important as they form bulk of the content by weight....

Chicken - Desired with good nutritional protein value. But as it is with normal water content which can form much of the weight. Once dehydrated & processed to form kibbles. Could be very little chicken in reality.

Corn meal - filler with no nutrition protein value to cats. High carbohydrate content which is harmful. Used to artificially boost protein level. Hard to digest and possible allergy causing.

Chicken by-product meal. - Composed of dehydrated left-overs of chicken like claws, beaks, feathers, bones and whatever unfit for consumption. Contributes to analysed protein count. But completely non-nutritional protein.

Corn grits - As corn above

Poulty by product meal - as Chicken by-product meal above. Other fowls.

Note. Bulk of the ingredients is fowl by-products( chicken & poultry) & corn (corn & grits) . Purpose of splitting them up in the list is only to give the impression they don't form the main components. But when added together, the real composition by content is probably all types of corn, all types of fowl by-products, with chicken much further down the list.

Analysis

32% Protein of which much is low quality & non-nutritional.
33% High Carb level which is harmful for a cat
15% fat - somewhat low for a cat & dubious quality

In the wild, your cat would be eating a high protein, high-moisture, meat-based diet, with a moderate level of fat and with only approximately 3-5 percent of her diet consisting of carbohydrates.

Last edited by xtrname; 25-08-2010 at 03:58 AM..
Old 24-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #25
High Supremacy Member

I can send you some 'Taste of the wild'. All my cats took to it immediately. But they are usually not fussy eaters.

buttie, see ure pm.
Old 24-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

damn been usin purina..
r this two brands :Natural Balance n taste of wild recommanded?
cookiesNcream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #27

damn been usin purina..
r this two brands :Natural Balance n taste of wild recommanded?
both should be good

me using them as well

i buy from kohepets.com
Old 25-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #28
Master Member

i feed natural balance and solid gold every alternate 3-4mths..when my cat's food finish..

and i also feed fussie cat's premium cat food.. reasonable price yet good. teager loves it.
Old 25-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #29

What is in "popular" pet foods today?

It’s a question many of us don’t think about. We see nice pictures of whole grains, prime cuts of meat and human grade vegetables on our pets food bag and assume there is some chef in a pet food kitchen cooking up the best food for our beloved pets.

Unfortunately this is far from the truth, More than 95% of pets derive their nutritional needs from a single source, processed pet foods. When people think of pet food many envision whole chicken meat, choice cuts of beef, fresh grains and all the nutrition that their dog or cat would ever need, images that pet food manufacturers promote in their advertisements and print on their food bags. What these companies do not reveal is that instead of wholesome chicken meat, they have substituted chicken heads, feet, feathers and intestines. Those choice cuts of beef are really cow brains, tongues, esophagi, fetal tissue dangerously high in hormones and even diseased and cancerous meat. Those whole grains have had the starch removed for corn starch powder and the oil extracted for corn oil or they are just hulls and other remnants from the milling process. Grains used that are truly whole have usually been deemed unfit for human consumption because of mold, contaminants, poor quality or poor handling practices, which is obvious by the fact that most pet food recalls are the result of toxic grain products such as Corn or Wheat.............

http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/truthaboutpetfood.htm

Last edited by xtrname; 25-08-2010 at 02:46 AM..
Old 25-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #30
High Supremacy Member

Just got a sample dry cat food from a pet. The brand is Oven Baked tradition

Here's their website: http://www.ovenbakedtradition.com/en...le-adulte.html

Anyone know if this brand is reliable?? thks
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.