HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Cat Food & Shops in Singapore

Like Tree15Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2010, 03:34 AM   #31

how about Aristo? I understand it has no colouring but some feeders say cats do not like it. Maybe they're used to the sweet colouring. The first time I feed Aristo dried food to the community cats, they do not eat it. It is only after the third or fourth attempt before they start to nibble on it.

Always avoid food with coloring. they are just additional chemicals.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1960476
xtrname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

The other thing to consider is the raw food diet which after much researching from me, rather difficult to achieve here.

May start another thread on this. Was looking for food grinders and then now Braun has one selling here that is 1000W but I dunno if it can grind bone.

The other thing is the rule of thumb of "feathers and long ears".

Chicken is easily available but the hearts and livers are dumped together. You want them separated because you don't want your cat to OD on the liver. Liver will OD your cat from vitamin A.

As for long ears, it is hard to find rabbit meat here. Unless the pet breeders decide to farm the rabbits they are selling for pet food, you won't see rabbit meat easily.
genie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

I have been changing my cat food here and there. Now my cat currently feeding purina pro plan. He seems to like the food.
Sanabelle it used to take then my neighbour said not good, high sodium content.
Science diet my cat also tried, but puking frequently occured, so changed as well.
Nutragold also tried, used to like but for a short while.
Iams as well, for a short while it like, after that he got bored of the flavor i think.
Natural Balance normally I bought the canned food occasionally for my cat, he likes it moderately.
Haha, the Fish for cats brand, even though is expensive, i bought for my cat to try too and he totally dislike the food. He eat one mouth and that's it. Had to return the whole packet.
Old 29-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #34
Supremacy Member

Why dun you change back & forth between a few better brands which they at least eat for a while.

But..... i know now to avoid iams and purina and such....that link which shows the cruel animal experiments.
Yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

cat was on iams in petshop.
feeding wellness kittens dry since i got my cat - find it exp.
weekends on sumocat can food.

royal canin no good?

anyone knows whether wellness comes in BIG BIG bags? instead of those 2-5lb packs?

Last edited by snipfer; 01-09-2010 at 05:55 PM..
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #36
Supremacy Member

I got a pack of taste of the wild for my cat. Saw it going at 35% disc. my cat ate it without rejection, although when my dad make some loud noise then it frighten the cat until he spit 2 biscuits out...

The cat food without disc a bit expensive wor~
Old 02-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #37

cat was on iams in petshop.
feeding wellness kittens dry since i got my cat - find it exp.
weekends on sumocat can food.

royal canin no good?

anyone knows whether wellness comes in BIG BIG bags? instead of those 2-5lb packs?
i get the 12lb pack of Salmon, Salmon Meal & Deboned Turkey Recipe for my cats
think Core doesn't ocme in big pack though...

boycotting orijen and acana coz of the australia incident
where cats died due to orijen's 'oversight'...
applefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

i get the 12lb pack of Salmon, Salmon Meal & Deboned Turkey Recipe for my cats
think Core doesn't ocme in big pack though...

boycotting orijen and acana coz of the australia incident
where cats died due to orijen's 'oversight'...
I checked up on that. Looks like a one time incident for Ozzie. But better be careful anyway if you live there.

Ozzie customs went to over-radiate the imported food which created the problems. Not due to producer themselves. It was ok elsewhere.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #39

I checked up on that. Looks like a one time incident for Ozzie. But better be careful anyway if you live there.

Ozzie customs went to over-radiate the imported food which created the problems. Not due to producer themselves. It was ok elsewhere.
i don't live there but i find that orijen has been very irresponsible in the incident
ALL pet foods go through this process call irradiation which destroys certain vital nutrients
champion (manufacturer of both orijen and acana) knew but did not do anything
this is why the cats died...
Old 04-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #40

Wellness is their normal range. Core is only 1 flavor.

Wellness Core - 0.9kg, 2.2kg, 5.4kg

Taste of the wild (Rocky Mountain) - 2.2kg, 6.8kg.

Solid gold indigo moon - 1.8kg, 6.8kg

All available at both The waterdish & PolyPolypet

Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

i don't live there but i find that orijen has been very irresponsible in the incident
ALL pet foods go through this process call irradiation which destroys certain vital nutrients
champion (manufacturer of both orijen and acana) knew but did not do anything
this is why the cats died...
Both parties are at fault.

Orijen knew irradiation was an import requirement. But did not know about the real effects. They wanted to break into Ozzie market and didn't do diligence on the possible results. They withdrew it and no longer import to Ozzie.

To me, most scary is the Ozzie authority. They are the only country in the world who irradiate at this high level. They simply went through the process and released it into their homeland! What is the purpose of this 'safety' procedure then. Dread to think about all the other food they handled.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #42

they have to do it to prevent the introduction of foreign matters into their eco system
their flora/fauna is very different from other mainland and therefore susceptible to what may be normal to other species...

as for champion, the fact that they no longer import to australia is cold comfort to the scores of cats that died
Old 05-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #43

hi guys,

i'm currently feeding my cat royal canin. Is that bad?

After reading the thread, most people recommend Orijen, Acana, Solid Gold, Taste of the wild. May i know where can i get them? Preferably somewhere central.

Also what kind of wet food do you guys recommend? I've been feeding my cat fancy feast, sometimes wellness and natural balance.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #44

I got a pack of taste of the wild for my cat. Saw it going at 35% disc. my cat ate it without rejection, although when my dad make some loud noise then it frighten the cat until he spit 2 biscuits out...

The cat food without disc a bit expensive wor~
I also just bought taste of the wild at 35% discount. But the expiry date is quite early. Mid jan 2011.

I'm not sure how long can 5lb pack last for one cat. zzz

Last edited by Hendrix; 05-09-2010 at 07:02 PM..
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #45

hi guys,

i'm currently feeding my cat royal canin. Is that bad?

After reading the thread, most people recommend Orijen, Acana, Solid Gold, Taste of the wild. May i know where can i get them? Preferably somewhere central.

Also what kind of wet food do you guys recommend? I've been feeding my cat fancy feast, sometimes wellness and natural balance.
Sori, but Royal Canin looks like another scam job. Don't know which 1 you feeding. They have so many types and just picked a generic one. -ROYAL CANIN FELINE HEALTH NUTRITION EXIGENT 35/30 DRY CAT FOOD

Their basic ingredients shd be about the same. I think RC is not cheap also?

Maize - Maize, corn all the same. Poor protein source cannot be utilized by cats at all.

Dehydrated poultry meat - Good brands will name meat source like chicken or duck. Dubious & possibly leftover parts.

Rice - only provides carbohydrates which have no benificial value to cats. In fact harmful to them over time.

Vegetable protein isolate- not sure. But vegetable protein usually cannot be metabolised by cats. Cats do not eat vegetables in their natural environment.

Animal fats - un-named highly dubious source. Animal covers everything.

Maize gluten - even worse than maize. Left over parts of maize. Highly undigestable.

Ingredients: Maize, dehydrated poultry meat, rice, vegetable protein isolate*, animal fats, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, vegetable fibres, minerals, beet pulp, yeasts, soya oil, sodium phosphate, egg powder, fructo-oligo-saccharides, paprika extracts, borage oil.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.