www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Post-Degree Programs & Courses (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/post-degree-programs-courses-215/)
-   -   Masters program MSc in NUS/NTU-2013 (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/post-degree-programs-courses-215/masters-program-msc-nus-ntu-2013-a-4127539.html)

wirykemosabe 16-04-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legion_88 (Post 75534975)
Msc Information Systems

Okay good luck :D

-will- 16-04-2013 05:31 PM

Hi all!

applied for :
NTU (MSc. International Construction Management) : shortlisted (yesterday)
NUS (Msc. Buiding Performance and Sustainability) : still Physical Application Verified

Ganesh0204 17-04-2013 11:00 AM

Which school did u apply for Information Systems ? NTU or NUS ?

jellycoffee 17-04-2013 12:54 PM

hi everyone,

I applied MSc( civil engineering ) in NTU...But my application status is still (application under process)...is it normal?....can i hope yet?:(

legion_88 18-04-2013 04:53 PM

Dont loose Hope

Unless it is rejected in the application status you stand a chance of getting admission.

jellycoffee 18-04-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legion_88 (Post 75592596)
Unless it is rejected in the application status you stand a chance of getting admission.

Thk ... And I just want to know that the results are out by batch by batch ?... And is it ok for me that I donot have TOFEL mark and only one year experience although I have good academic result ?

aircraft 18-04-2013 09:21 PM

Who have experienced interview for NUS Msc Environmental Mgt before?

-will- 18-04-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aircraft (Post 75599238)
Who have experienced interview for NUS Msc Environmental Mgt before?

Hi Aircraft,
we'll be in the same faculty (SDE) if we are offered by NUS.
by this time, I haven't received any call from NUS or NTU for interview.
have you been called by NUS for interview?
btw, are you singaporean or foreigner ?

-will- 18-04-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellycoffee (Post 75559994)
hi everyone,

I applied MSc( civil engineering ) in NTU...But my application status is still (application under process)...is it normal?....can i hope yet?:(

Hi jellycoffee !
we''ll be in the same faculty (CEE) if we are offered by NTU.

don't loose your hope until the status is changed to be rejected and you received the rejection email.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellycoffee (Post 75559994)
Thk ... And I just want to know that the results are out by batch by batch ?... And is it ok for me that I donot have TOFEL mark and only one year experience although I have good academic result ?

based on my experience years ago with NTU,
I didn't have any TOEFL score and my work experience was only around 1 year. Moreover, my academic result wasn't too impressive. Then, my application was rejected.
However, they will review the application case by case. I hope you'll get the offer. 加油 !!

you don't have to be worried if you are Singaporean. you'll have a big chance.

aircraft 19-04-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -will- (Post 75602060)
Hi Aircraft,
we'll be in the same faculty (SDE) if we are offered by NUS.
by this time, I haven't received any call from NUS or NTU for interview.
have you been called by NUS for interview?

Local, next week going NUS. That's why asking peeps here, anyone went interview before and what is it about...

LesPhantom 19-04-2013 06:52 AM

short-listed for MSc (Environmental Mgt) as well... next week interview... hope is a formality/individual evaluative kind of interview rather than elimination type, my future entirely depend on this liao... :s13:

local btw.

aircraft 19-04-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesPhantom (Post 75606609)
short-listed for MSc (Environmental Mgt) as well... next week interview... hope is a formality/individual evaluative kind of interview rather than elimination type, my future entirely depend on this liao... :s13:

local btw.

Yup, hope... wish us both luck!!!

LesPhantom 19-04-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aircraft (Post 75606949)
Yup, hope... wish us both luck!!!

Thanks you, you too :)

Btw, I read from other thread that this is not the only course you apply right, is this is your first or second choice?

-will- 19-04-2013 09:17 AM

Hi LesPhantom and aircraft !

May I know why you choose Environment Mgt ?

I heard it will be much more theoretical than other program SDE offered and you have to submit research paper. So, it will spend 1,5 years for full time course.

May I know what do you expect by earning degree from that course ? career improvement (in what area), or in academia ( for research matter) ?

LesPhantom 19-04-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -will- (Post 75607948)
Hi LesPhantom and aircraft !

May I know why you choose Environment Mgt ?

I heard it will be much more theoretical than other program SDE offered and you have to submit research paper. So, it will spend 1,5 years for full time course.

May I know what do you expect by earning degree from that course ? career improvement (in what area), or in academia ( for research matter) ?

My motivation to pursue a post-graduate qualification in environment management is primarily for career advancement purpose. I'm currently a public servant dealing with water and environment management. Being a non-engineering/environmental/science graduate, this puts me at a disadvantage when seeking higher office. I believe this program will equip me with the knowledge of a bigger picture and gives me a boost, however minor it may be, to hold higher responsibility in the future.

-will- you applying too?