HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which MBA?

Like Tree19Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #181

Is there alot of locals doing this MBA? I am thinking of this as well, mainly because pricing wise, it is very competitive, and yet, its ranking are pretty high in UK as well as international wise.
abt 70% of the class are locals, 30% expats - from India, China, Germany, Russia, even British. The price has not changed since 2004, heard that they might increase the fees but so far no confirmation. $24,500/- , a good recognised Uni.., strong staff support too. thats value.

call them, they would also link you with an alumni or current student if you are keen.
ElleB1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #182

Hi cfachick, have you decided to go for which MBA?
I am inclined towards manchester. But as the folks here suggest, I should complete my cfa first. L2 is a tough nut to crack...
cfachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #183

Anyone signing up for the Manchester MBA for finance professionals? I'm thinking of signing up for the accelerated programme since I have exemptions from ACCA.
intensebran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #184

I am inclined towards manchester. But as the folks here suggest, I should complete my cfa first. L2 is a tough nut to crack...
I'm currently writing my CFA L3 now, and I have to say L2, materials-wise, is the "heart-break mountain". Do you go to the analyst forum? Lots of helpful topics there.
crease123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #185

I don't have the statistics, but I would think the the more successful businessmen and businesswomen are awarded Honoary doctorates from genuine institutions. While honorary doctorates generally don't use their "Dr" title(s), there are quite a few that do.
you would think? use your brain. most honorary doctorates awarded to "successfuL" local businessmen are "brought" through donations.
callingmegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #186

I have been always contemplating between degrees in Finance/Financial Engineering in Singapore and CFA. tough choice to make. Found a website that could help. You can refer to it on http://whycfa.blogspot.com. Cheers!
eshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #187

I'm currently writing my CFA L3 now, and I have to say L2, materials-wise, is the "heart-break mountain". Do you go to the analyst forum? Lots of helpful topics there.
I second to that. I am still trying to figure out what is durbin watsons, dickey fuller. haha. AF is useful, many people on the same boat. Tough tough... so tough that i have to put my mba plans on hold.
Old 23-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #188

Its about time management. Doing more with scarce time. Siong siong only for a while.
vesfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #189

have you thot abt Birmingham Business School MBA?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am doing my MBA with Birmingham Business School given by AEC Bus Sch.

Honestly, in the beginning I was sceptical abt the school as it is not as fancy as MDIS or Kaplan etc. But looking at structure - block lessons, schedules, it suits me. They gave 8 modules plus thesis. Taking one module per term helps as my researches are focussed. Its my preference eventho I have a baby to care for, I am able to cope with the wkend lessons. yeah burn 4days lah but if you want and MBA, the MUST be effort and some sacrifices ya.

Their price is also competitive and has not changed sicne 2004. Still $24,500/- comparable to Strathclyde and Nottingham. They have boucned back in their rankings this year on FT also. I even moved job and got a pay rise while doing my mba. I am right now up to my last module this coming April 2009. Their lecturers comes from the Uni also. The Director of the school comes down to signapore often enough to see the students, knowing them by name even.

Do give Birmingham a thought. It works for me, maybe will for you.

I totally agreee with ElleB. I am looking forward to start up my MBA soon, after much consideration, i feel that AEC Business school has provided the best service promoting their Birmingham MBA. The programme is accredited by AMBA and EQUIS and fully delivered by faculty lecturers.

Not forgetting the course fee which is way more affordable as compared to others.
Cherylpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #190

I second to that. I am still trying to figure out what is durbin watsons, dickey fuller. haha. AF is useful, many people on the same boat. Tough tough... so tough that i have to put my mba plans on hold.
Oh boy, those names sound so terrible right now. Level 2 sure was painful.

But don't worry, slog through level 2 and level 3 is much more easier and interesting to study.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #191

Oh boy, those names sound so terrible right now. Level 2 sure was painful.

But don't worry, slog through level 2 and level 3 is much more easier and interesting to study.
Portfolio mgt is the worst. but minus all the stress, the curriculum is pretty interesting. multinational operations is a nice read but i still cannot remember temporal method.

Check ur pm, i drop u a msg !
Old 29-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #192

Anybody signing up for the manchester? I am inclined to sign up. Need to check some stuffs.
Kelcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #193

Portfolio mgt is the worst. but minus all the stress, the curriculum is pretty interesting. multinational operations is a nice read but i still cannot remember temporal method.

Check ur pm, i drop u a msg !
Oh without a doubt. While studying, I always thought PM is one of the easier topic, but for some reason I have always scored the lowest in this section.
Old 30-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #194

Anybody signing up for the manchester? I am inclined to sign up. Need to check some stuffs.
You can contact the school locally here:
http://www.mbs-worldwide.edu.sg/
Old 31-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #195

Yes, I signed up for the course.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.