Which MBA?

kokjj87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how is the curriculum like for part time ntu professional mba?
How many project work are there? How many exams?

ireport

Reaction score
Anybody know how is the curriculum like for part time ntu professional mba?
How many project work are there? How many exams?

Why don't you arrange a meetup directly with NTU Course coordinator.
They will love to share the info with you. A VC meetup will be good enough for a sharing session.

BR

purebreed

Reaction score
Manchester vs Adelaide

Have offers for Manchester and Adelaide MBA here in Singapore. A bit undecided on them based on my future plans - in the process of applying for Australian PR.

Technically speaking, both MBA programmes should be more or less assessed equally when looking for a job in Australia. It's just that if I spend half of my Adelaide MBA programme in Australia, I will get the chance to network with the locals, possibly helping with my job search there as well. Of course, with all things in life there are no guarantees....

However, if I decide to come back to SG or if the application for Australian PR fails to go through, then an Adelaide MBA is pretty much irrelevant in the eyes of the local employers in SG. Not saying that one programme is necessarily better than the other, but industry perception counts.

Context: Not aiming for MBB or some high powered finance role. Just want to get a decent generalist role in business, whether it is in SG or Australia, hence am only looking at Tier 2 b-schools

Question: Should I wait until there is more certainty with the visa application before accepting the offer, or just take the risk and go with the Adelaide MBA? (apparently, my chances of getting an Australian visa are high), or just go with the Manchester one (personal preference)

Last edited:

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have offers for Manchester and Adelaide MBA here in Singapore. A bit undecided on them based on my future plans - in the process of applying for Australian PR.

Technically speaking, both MBA programmes should be more or less assessed equally when looking for a job in Australia. It's just that if I spend half of my Adelaide MBA programme in Australia, I will get the chance to network with the locals, possibly helping with my job search there as well. Of course, with all things in life there are no guarantees....

However, if I decide to come back to SG or if the application for Australian PR fails to go through, then an Adelaide MBA is pretty much irrelevant in the eyes of the local employers in SG. Not saying that one programme is necessarily better than the other, but industry perception counts.

Context: Not aiming for MBB or some high powered finance role. Just want to get a decent generalist role in business, whether it is in SG or Australia, hence am only looking at Tier 2 b-schools

Question: Should I wait until there is more certainty with the visa application before accepting the offer, or just take the risk and go with the Adelaide MBA? (apparently, my chances of getting an Australian visa are high), or just go with the Manchester one (personal preference)

Go with Manchester, NUS/NTU or INSEAD, these will provide better ROI over the course of your career.

Heading20R

Reaction score
MsC in Management

Hi guys,

I am looking to do a MsC in Management to get the hang of business. I intend to do a part-time programme though and currently, I can only think of SMU's Blended Masters in Management.

I graduated with a Honours in Mech Eng from NUS. Anyone has any advice? I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking to do a MsC in Management to get the hang of business. I intend to do a part-time programme though and currently, I can only think of SMU's Blended Masters in Management.

I graduated with a Honours in Mech Eng from NUS. Anyone has any advice? I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Try for part time MBA if you have >5 years work exp.

Can consider SMU part time MBA or Imperial College London online MBA, both are reputable programs.

Last edited:

tjerome

Reaction score
Has anybody considered the Quantic (previously Smartly) EMBA? Does anybody have any experience with this programme? Apparently Singapore has one of the highest number of candidates outside of the states. Its 9.6k for the 12-month programme and they offer partial scholarships quite readily.

Heading20R

Reaction score
Try for part time MBA if you have >5 years work exp.

Can consider SMU part time MBA or Imperial College London online MBA, both are reputable programs.

Hi there buddy,

Thank you for such a prompt response. I really appreciate it.

It's been a year since I've graduated, so I don't think I'll be accepted into MBA programmes just yet, due to a lack of a work experience.

Would you recommend a MiM program and that too, a blended one?

This is the one that I'm referring to:

business. smu. edu. sg/master-management/about-mim/structure-blended

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there buddy,

Thank you for such a prompt response. I really appreciate it.

It's been a year since I've graduated, so I don't think I'll be accepted into MBA programmes just yet, due to a lack of a work experience.

Would you recommend a MiM program and that too, a blended one?

This is the one that I'm referring to:

business. smu. edu. sg/master-management/about-mim/structure-blended

It's a decent program, though the cost probably isn't worth it if you're self sponsoring. You should try seeking your boss' opinion on co-funding.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anybody considered the Quantic (previously Smartly) EMBA? Does anybody have any experience with this programme? Apparently Singapore has one of the highest number of candidates outside of the states. Its 9.6k for the 12-month programme and they offer partial scholarships quite readily.

It's not a widely recognized program, most ppl have never heard of this "school".

tractor13

Reaction score
ohh full scholarship??

b0ring

Reaction score
What happen if as much as 1 wants to get into local U or Insead MBA but no matter how hard they studied, they couldn't achieve the marks required. Shall they just give up on MBA and keep the money in the bank?
If you are going to invest, please invest on a good one.
Else, keep your money in the bank.:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.