Noob seeking for some career advise:(

Engaylandvssinkapore

Reaction score
Noob seeking for some career advice

I’m an eee graduate from Ntu. after 2 years of working in engineering field(stat board), I’ve realised that I don’t really like this career. Recently, I intended to take a business analytic master course offered by nus school of biz. But the school fee is so expensive compared to normal engineering course(44,000sgd). Besides I also worry either I can’t find a better analytic job or I don’t really like biz analytic job in future also. Really appreciate any suggestions about my career path or master course that is suitable for me

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do you event want to take master degree or even specialized in business analytic for your course when you do not needs these to find job as business analysts?

I’m an eee graduate from Ntu. after 2 years of working in engineering field(stat board), I’ve realised that I don’t really like this career. Recently, I intended to take a business analytic master course offered by nus school of biz. But the school fee is so expensive compared to normal engineering course(44,000sgd). Besides I also worry either I can’t find a better analytic job or I don’t really like biz analytic job in future also. Really appreciate any suggestions about my career path or master course that is suitable for me

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U know U like Biz analyst job now?
if u don't know what you like how can anyone here read your mind?

U can to those jobs and see what what happens. check out req b4 starting on a degree.
https://www.indeed.com.sg/Business-Analyst-jobs

Tentaikun

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro just take ur professional engineering license and apply for LEW Electrical Engineer license will be a better career path in my opinion.

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stay with engineering rah. a lot of pple leaving , thats y u nid to stay because in future, there will be shortage of engineering talents.
all now want to go in finance, data analytics. it is now very crowded.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There will always be FTs who wish to become an Engineer in Singapore.

stay with engineering rah. a lot of pple leaving , thats y u nid to stay because in future, there will be shortage of engineering talents.
all now want to go in finance, data analytics. it is now very crowded.

light84

Reaction score
I think EE is great. Go get a LEW and register as a PE. U wun be without a job since these qualifications have a higher barrier to entry.

Maybe the issue is u working for stat board. Should give private sector a try. EE is very wide from semi conductor to power to construction etc

Most important is why you interested in analytics ? A lot of ppl died following the gahmen’s trend when they switch trends every few years.

Last edited:

Engaylandvssinkapore

Reaction score
really? I have applied a few data analytic jobs, but a few months later, no any response :sad:

Why do you event want to take master degree or even specialized in business analytic for your course when you do not needs these to find job as business analysts?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They maybe looking for candidates with experience or discrimination factors like age, gender, race, nationality & etc that is not open to public.

really? I have applied a few data analytic jobs, but a few months later, no any response :sad:

crusaderace

Reaction score

Bro, if you're really serious about finding out more, you should talk to a Career Coach and get some professional career guidance. Good news is that don't have to pay for one, just make an appointment at: http://www.wsg.gov.sg/career-servic...44.1084816823.1513368635-302880753.1513368635

All the best for your career transitions!

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their database is centralize, so only needs to go to one career centre instead of going around e2i, CDC & WSG.

Going to their Career Coach is a waste of time. Majorly do not have HR or Hiring Manager experience, so what can they offer their advice?

Bro, if you're really serious about finding out more, you should talk to a Career Coach and get some professional career guidance. Good news is that don't have to pay for one, just make an appointment at: http://www.wsg.gov.sg/career-servic...44.1084816823.1513368635-302880753.1513368635

All the best for your career transitions!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.