Psychology courses

gniljia

Reaction score
Hello just wondering if anyone is doing any psychology courses? Im looking at speciality diploma and graduate dioloma in counselling and psychology.

What is the difference between these two qualifications, and what kind of career path can I expect?

Thanks in advance fit any advice!

naruto77

Reaction score
Hello just wondering if anyone is doing any psychology courses? Im looking at speciality diploma and graduate dioloma in counselling and psychology.

What is the difference between these two qualifications, and what kind of career path can I expect?

Go for EASB, cheap, value for money, recognized, and easy grades.

Now they also having 50% discount.

gniljia

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Any idea between the two types of qualifications?
I mean, which is more recognized in a way?

Go for EASB, cheap, value for money, recognized, and easy grades.

Now they also having 50% discount.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
counselling course to become a counsellor & psychology course to become a psychologist.

A counsellor is a person who gives advice or counsel, especially on personal problems such as marriage. To become a counsellor, one must take a course from this link: http://www.sac-counsel.org.sg/recognised_counsellor_education_courses/

A psychologist is a professional who evaluates and studies behavior and mental processes of a patient. To become a psychologist & work in public hospitals, one must have at least a Bachelors/Honours Degree in Psychology from local NUS, NTU & NUSS. But to really practice, you MUST have a Master or Doctorate Degree in Psychology (Clinical).

Servitude

Reaction score
Agreed. I think you meant SUSS* (NUSS).

"A psychology bachelor’s degree is a general social sciences degree. Graduates can basically work in any field. However, to pursue a career in psychology (e.g., as a clinical, organisational, educational, or academic psychologist), a higher degree in psychology is required (e.g., master’s or PhD). Some of our alumni, after having obtained an Honours degree in psychology at Singapore University of Social Sciences,have pursued a master’s/ PhD degree in other universities."

- SUSS BSc Psychology Brochure

"1. Are off-shore psychology programs accredited?
A: By the Singapore Psychological Society (SPS)

The Singapore Psychological Society does not and has not accredited any offshore psychology programs that are conducted in Singapore. Several local companies have falsely claimed that the Singapore Psychological Society accredits their offshore psychology programs. One such company was asked to publish a Notice of Apology to the SPS for falsely claiming that their offshore psychology programme is accredited by the SPS ( The Straits Times , January 31, 2001, page C25)."

"4. Would employers in Singapore recognise my off-shore psychology qualifications?
Individual private sector employers in Singapore decide if they would recognise the offshore psychology qualifications. You must check with the individual employers."

singaporepsychologicalsociety.org/contact-us/faqs-2/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.