what's your GMAT score?

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just scored 640 in my first exam... not very lousy, but not very good either... going to retake again... jin moody :(

ordway

Reaction score
Was it different from your prep CAT scores?
hit the books and take it again. Pain in the ass though plus you have to spring another 250USD.

I got a 730 yesterday taking the 6pm slot (started at 5 cause i got there early and they let me take it immediately). Nearly didn't get to do it cause of some problems with ID (had a space in my first name in my passport that wasn't reflected in my registered name).

ordway

Reaction score
oh and anyone who wants a used copy of Kaplan Premier 2011 (although I didn't mark it at all since I didn't really use the book much) with the CD (contains 4 CAT tests) for free can just drop me a pm. U have to pick it up at my convenience though which means coming to my condo since its free.

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh and anyone who wants a used copy of Kaplan Premier 2011 (although I didn't mark it at all since I didn't really use the book much) with the CD (contains 4 CAT tests) for free can just drop me a pm. U have to pick it up at my convenience though which means coming to my condo since its free.
yo i PMed u :(

btw 730 is ur first attempt? Its very high!

ordway

Reaction score
yo i PMed u :(

btw 730 is ur first attempt? Its very high!

Yeah, first and last time. Now just waiting for AWA scores to come. My thoughts before taking the test was to resched another appointment if score<700. if score = 710 or 720 I'd have to consider whether or not to retake depending on my V & Q breakdown. Score>730 never again. I honestly don't think even if I do better on another one and score 750-770, that its going to make a difference to the B schools. If they're gonna ding me at 730, they'll ding me at 750 or even 770. Especially since my verbal and quant were both over 80 percentile and wasn't really too skewed. Plus I don't even want to think about the possibility of scoring lower on a 2nd try.

Don't worry, i'm sure you can score 700+ too. GMAT is not a test of intelligence. Its a test of exam taking skills and fundamental math and grammar concepts that can be memorized.

I've sent you my phone number by pm. I won't be available today but you can definitely come by during a weekend afternoon. I'm located west.

Also, please base your decision to retake or not on what schools you are targeting. If a top 10 bs, yeah its worth the incremental effort to pump that number up to at least a 680. 640 would put you way out of 1 s.d. from the mean. You can make it of course, but why risk it. If a lower tier, 640 may be sufficient that time could be better spent on prepping your essays.

drifting

Reaction score
Did you use the manhattan GMAT guides.. Those are a MUST... all 6 books.. Using the MGMAT, i managed a 710 on my 2nd try.. 1st try was a 660 though

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, first and last time. Now just waiting for AWA scores to come. My thoughts before taking the test was to resched another appointment if score<700. if score = 710 or 720 I'd have to consider whether or not to retake depending on my V & Q breakdown. Score>730 never again. I honestly don't think even if I do better on another one and score 750-770, that its going to make a difference to the B schools. If they're gonna ding me at 730, they'll ding me at 750 or even 770. Especially since my verbal and quant were both over 80 percentile and wasn't really too skewed. Plus I don't even want to think about the possibility of scoring lower on a 2nd try.

Don't worry, i'm sure you can score 700+ too. GMAT is not a test of intelligence. Its a test of exam taking skills and fundamental math and grammar concepts that can be memorized.

I've sent you my phone number by pm. I won't be available today but you can definitely come by during a weekend afternoon. I'm located west.

Also, please base your decision to retake or not on what schools you are targeting. If a top 10 bs, yeah its worth the incremental effort to pump that number up to at least a 680. 640 would put you way out of 1 s.d. from the mean. You can make it of course, but why risk it. If a lower tier, 640 may be sufficient that time could be better spent on prepping your essays.
wow... wat type of sch r u aiming for!

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you use the manhattan GMAT guides.. Those are a MUST... all 6 books.. Using the MGMAT, i managed a 710 on my 2nd try.. 1st try was a 660 though
nope i did not use, but now will try to use... thanks for the tip.

tiancaijiezhi

Reaction score
I just scored 640 in my first exam... not very lousy, but not very good either... going to retake again... jin moody :(

Hey, I've got the same score as you and I'm still contemplating if I should retake it. May I ask which school are you aiming for?

Emo_Rhino

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've got the same score as you and I'm still contemplating if I should retake it. May I ask which school are you aiming for?
if got money and they like me, i wanna go UK.

if not then the local unis loh... jin moody :(

tomoya1

Reaction score
Ohh okay. Which school chiu intending to get in, and how old are chiu?

DARTHNERD

Master Member
Reaction score
i am here to pruss one..

I am thinking to get kaplan GMAT guide.. good eunff?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.