Object Colour Tracking/Detection with FPGA

muffinkid

Reaction score
Hardware used
- Xilinx Nexys 4 FPGA Board
- u-cam ii camera (communicates via UART to board)
- Vivado softwar/verilog language

The aim of this simple project is to implement colour tracking and display it on a monitor. Basically, the camera will detect (lets say red) coloured objects and when detected, a box/something be around it to show the user that it is detected. All this will be displayed to the monitor via VGA (the board has VGA connection)

Does anyone have experience with this? I am quite unsure as to how to go about this and am looking for help and guidance.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hardware used
- Xilinx Nexys 4 FPGA Board
- u-cam ii camera (communicates via UART to board)
- Vivado softwar/verilog language

The aim of this simple project is to implement colour tracking and display it on a monitor. Basically, the camera will detect (lets say red) coloured objects and when detected, a box/something be around it to show the user that it is detected. All this will be displayed to the monitor via VGA (the board has VGA connection)

Does anyone have experience with this? I am quite unsure as to how to go about this and am looking for help and guidance.

With the inclusion of FPGA, I'm not exactly sure. Would Hough Circle Transform in OpenCV is something you are looking for ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.