Is Python a good language for prototyping rich desktop client?

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably possible but are the libraries and framework support for Windows/Linux GUI application good?

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably possible but are the libraries and framework support for Windows/Linux GUI application good?

The fastest prototyping UI approach I will recommend these days is your browser. You should look upon the browser as a rich application platform, not just a browsing tool. It is a client end platform for you to create client application.

Take a look at http://tutorialzine.com/2015/01/your-first-node-webkit-app/

You are not limited to which ever technology for great interface component like html5, search up abit and you will find webkit is integrated to a lot of webview like frameworks. If you like to use Python, you can choose http://www.gnu.org/software/pythonwebkit/

Do read up on macgap, electron etc

Last edited:

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using indentation to define block is very scarry indeed. :o

More so when you find codes that involved multiple developers and some uses spaces and some uses tabs. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2034517/pythons-interpretation-of-tabs-and-spaces-to-indent

Just me, I don't need a programming language teach me how to indent my codes to keep them tidy and nice. :) Sometimes getting things neat is not strictly following certain indentation rules and regulation. It can be an art itself.

There are so many ways to write codes that are neat and nice even if we don't strictly follow the indentation rules and regulations. What makes python language developers methods more superior than another ? :)

Examples:

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]int variable_name = object.methodOne()
                          .methodTwo();

var array = { 'a', 'b', 'c',
              'd', 'e', 'f'  };

var array = {
  'some.......................................long....string',
  'some.......................................long....string',
  'some.......................................long....string'
};

var simple_arr = { 3 };

if (x) { .... }

if (x) {
 ...;
} else {
}

if (x) { # brief reason for this block
 ...;
}
else   { # brief reason for this block
}

var asdasdad = 'asd asdsa sa sad asd';
var x        = 'asd asdsa sa sad asd';
var tyyryt   = 'ad asd';
var asdasdad = 'asd asdd asd';

var output = test_expr ? function_A();
                       : function_B();

var output = test_expr ? 0 : 1;

var func = function() {
  .....;
};

var func = function() { ... };[/FONT]

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.