Is there a way to put something like this in my website

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am trying to put in a Sms notification system into my website.. Lets put a scenario..

Buyer A purchase or order something. A Notification will automatically be sent or at least when admin or seller acknowledged, they can click on something to be sent to the buyer.

and another thing..

Let say, I want to put in this to my website. Say a sitting arrangement, or table arrangement. I can assign customer to a particular table. Drag n put the names and whatever infor to each table or seating.

Or even better, allows upload of floor plan or table arrangements

Can this be done? is it expensive to integrate it into my website?

Thanks and hope to hear from you experts soon! :o

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
You probably need a GSM modem for sending SMS.

iTegno 3800 SMS Modem | iWOW

About $200. However, not sure if it comes with some SDK libraries for interfacing your inhouse application to it. It has some GUI application for user to mass send SMS though I believe. But it uses AT commands to communicate and probably you can write some wrapper library to send and receive those commands if you're familiar with serial modem programming.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like what Ybother mentioned, there are SMS services that you can use. Do your system need SMS instead of email? Nowadays a lot of the end users have smartphones and often they receive push mail rather frequently. Unless there is immediate need for reaction, I would think SMS would add unnecessary cost to your service. No harm though just don't see the need for immediate action.

Another service for your consideration is clickatell. However if you really want to reach out to your buyer and seller. Perhaps a mobile app makes it even more interesting, then you can have the mobile apps acting as proactive terminals. No need SMS, just push notifications or polling :)

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The app will come in later.

Reason for sms is that some people we served do not have smart phone. A sms confirmation will be good coz all hp can receive it. Some ppl feedback they lost signal, no email, no smart phone.

I wont mind sending emails to those who have smart phones but sms is to cater to those without.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The app will come in later.

Reason for sms is that some people we served do not have smart phone. A sms confirmation will be good coz all hp can receive it. Some ppl feedback they lost signal, no email, no smart phone.

I wont mind sending emails to those who have smart phones but sms is to cater to those without.

Okay then SMS services will be most likely a suitable solution. I just found the following local SMS service you might wanna take a look http://www.fortdigital.com.sg

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ahh that was what I was looking at. But was wondering if its easy to incorporate this or say things like whatsapp n emails together.

On a separate note. I will reply all the email later today. Thanks!

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ahh that was what I was looking at. But was wondering if its easy to incorporate this or say things like whatsapp n emails together.

On a separate note. I will reply all the email later today. Thanks!

Nowadays a lot of online SMS services uses HTTP interface which in my opinion couldn't be any simpler. That is the norm for adhoc SMS services, unless you require high volume SMS services or you want to receive SMS back, or some short codes stuffs, which you will want to use SMPP. Couple of years back I have had the opportunity to code a SMSC proxy that uses SMPP.

Feel free to read on the integration information found at Bulk SMS MMS Broadcast Singapore - Auto Mass SMS - SMS Blast - SMS Blasting - SMS Campaign - SMS Marketing - SMS Gateway - mobile marketing - sms advertising - web sms - SMS API - MMS Braodcast - MMS Blast - MMS Marketing - sms gateway - MMS Singapor

Generally it applies very similar across various SMS services via HTTP, Clickatell also has similar approach to the HTTP/S interface found at https://www.clickatell.com/apis-scripts/apis/http-s/. Some goes for Twilio - https://www.twilio.com/sms/api

Last edited:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
people been asking me via pm how can they help.

What is it build on..

The person who builds it use a web cms - Wordpress.

I am actually hoping to integrate a live chat function if possible as well. Now the site is building in progress and all. I have no problems for the site by itself for the end user. But for the admin page there's somethings to think about. Going step by step.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
people been asking me via pm how can they help.

What is it build on..

The person who builds it use a web cms - Wordpress.

I am actually hoping to integrate a live chat function if possible as well. Now the site is building in progress and all. I have no problems for the site by itself for the end user. But for the admin page there's somethings to think about. Going step by step.

Nowadays unless you are building something that is so niche, the base platform can be done almost OOTB using content management system(CMS). Workpress, Drupal, Joomla are your popular open source solutions.

My preferred option is Joomla due to its history from Mambo, was a ground up general purpose CMS. Wordpress on the other hand started off as a blogging site, so there quite amount of the features are blogging related. Of course having these are nothing but codes, skilful developers can always morph them into something else.

Using a CMS, you will have both the user-end and admin-end partitioning of things. You will have authentication and access control settle for you. You will also get to easily install fantastic looking themes such as those from Home - YOOtheme. I have been using Yootheme for a long time, and find their design and artworks extremely attractive and their development framework fantastic.

For your live chat, you can use Live Support Chat - Joomla! Extensions Directory, and here is a demo site on it Live Support Chat for Joomla

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
One more thing. What about a system to generate a unique QR Code? Possible?

junnydc

Reaction score
You probably need a GSM modem for sending SMS.

iTegno 3800 SMS Modem | iWOW

About $200. However, not sure if it comes with some SDK libraries for interfacing your inhouse application to it. It has some GUI application for user to mass send SMS though I believe. But it uses AT commands to communicate and probably you can write some wrapper library to send and receive those commands if you're familiar with serial modem programming.

i manage to program this before using VB, feature like auto respond base on keyword. really cool stuff

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to work with iTegno but in my personal experience, if you need it to handle heavy load, it doesn't work so well. And I think it has limited support / SDK. That was few years back, not sure how is the support now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.