HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Have you contribute to Singtel profit lately?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #1

Angry Have you contribute to Singtel profit lately?

Recently, my 2 years contract for Singtel 10MB Broadband just ended. This was signed during their promotion with Acer laptop @ $69.90 per month
As there is no recent attractive offer by them, so I choose not to recontract after the 21 months. I thought after 24 months the price should drop to normal 10MB broadband maybe say about $45 (from their website). But Hell No. I was still continue billed for $69.90. So I called them up and this is their reply.
“the price will remain the same unless you recontract”
So I asked is there any way that I pay the normal but no contract? I was transferred to another dept.
“It is like that. We cannot change the price even though the contract was over. This is the rule. You must recontract or can terminate it.” (He sounded like take it or leaves it kind of attitude with no negotiating)
I asked persistently for another solution as I don’t want to tie for another 2 years for nothing? Finally he said,
“I can transfer you to the retention dept and see if they can assist you”
Once again, I was transferred and guess what.
“We can offer you the same speed at $25 every month, but with 1 year contract. After 12 months, it will revert back to normal price or you can sign another contract. This is the best offer. You cannot get from our Singtel shop or online.”
The things that I am annoy is that
1. Singtel cannot lower the price even though the contract expired (What the F…)
2. But for a lower price, it will automatically revert to a higher price without you need to call.
3. No notification that the higher price will continue after the contract expired, only SMS you after 21 months that you are eligible for re-contract.
I remember that there was quite a lot of them sign up for the package 2 years ago. For those who didn’t recontract or forget to check their bill, you are unknowingly paying extra every month. For those who are IT savvy and choose to go to its website and do the recontract yourself , you are also paying extra as the price listed is about $20 extra although they throw in the mobile broadband (if that make you feel better.)
So for those who yet to do so, call 1688 and ask for the retention dept for the “Special” price.
zaku0079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Learn ur lesson and to recontract lor, even if singtel is plain asssssssshole
jgyy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #3

For your info.. the moment you've signed a contract it has its clauses which is that the Corporate has the rights to make any changes unless without notices unless the customer terminate the contract. Go check the statement in the contract you've signed 2 years ago then you'll understand.
bxang1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

this is their practice. double standard as usual.
mobile same thing, discount need to wait but VAS activation payment for service dont need wait.

anything that will result them in lower profit will need consumer to take action or delayed, anything they earn is instant approval lmao.

that why they stink for a reason.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #5

just contributed again

mio tv cum fixed line
audiovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #6

i am lucky to avoid this. 2 years ago, i almost wanted the "free" laptop plan but my friend told me not to do so because they will not reduce the bill even after 2 years.

i heed his advice and got the $28 / mth without freebie instead. now, i realize how fortunate i am because this $28 plan no longer exists. the cheapest plan on the website is now $42 per mth (because they bundle some mobile modem with it)
quanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.