HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Scammed on Carousell, Ed Sheeran tickets. Anyone else?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #1

Scammed on Carousell, Ed Sheeran tickets. Anyone else?

I know, it was my own lapse in judgement. I don't deny that at all. I was blinded by the false sincerity that the seller seemed to have been giving me, and it cost me hundreds.

Long story short, I was purchasing a pair of Ed Sheeran tickets as a gift for someone close to me, so I kind of rushed into the whole purchase. Cue carousell user "cherbaee".

Seller was selling e-tickets and at the point of time, I didn't know you could claim physical tix from the box office, as long as you had proof of original purchase. I wanted the tickets real bad due to time constraints. So, seller gained my trust on Carousell and then whatsapp, got me to transfer a lump sum of money to secure the tickets on the spot, and then the seller ghosted me.

Next day, I filed a police report. I called banks. Couldn't seem to get the banks to help with a refund but at least I got the police report down. I know now that this seller has scammed others as well.

This seller so far has the following usernames: cherbaee / cherrrrylz / scarletdaisies__

Bank Account transferred to was a POSB account: xxx-96871-0.

Mobile number where I communicated with the seller was: xxxx0353 (pretty sure this was one of those spare expirable temp number purchases though).

Seller goes by fake names as Cheryl / Carouline.

Just posting this to spread awareness. If you've been scammed by this mobile number or this bank account, please reach out! Using each other's reference numbers in police reports solidifies the case, shows that it's not an isolated incident anymore.
ennaxee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing!

Oops - Sorry to hear!

Hope you get your money back!

Thanks for sharing this awareness!
pdsubraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 03:14 AM   #3

Oh man, sorry that you got cheated. Thanks for sharing! I have yet to get anything on Carousel, however was planning to explore as a few friends have recommended the platform to me.
Love17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #4

Time to take action!

Accepting that we face this in day to day life, what could be the real permanent solution?

It's great Guys like ennaxee come out and create awareness, however we always fall in the same pit.

Police complaint really don't help you in all sort too!

I request the members to be precautious before doing any payment and make sure they are genuine!

Let's pray for ennaxee to get cash back ASAP.

Dear ennaxee - do let me know once you get back. We will be pleased to hear.
pdsubbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.