User Review: Vpost vs. Borderlinx

B4mich

Reaction score
Vpost service is appalling. I confirmed my consolidated shipment and it told me it would arrive 22-27 Nov. on 25th November I got an email saying my package was in singapore and out for delivery to jurong point post office which i chose as my delivery address but until 28th nov I had not got confirmation. I called them and they said it would be there within 3 work days. Called them again on 3rd December asking why I still had not got confirmation and this new lady says it was in JP post office on 21st nov but because I had not collected it, they sent it to paya lebar HQ! How ridiculous?! I asked her why I did not get any notification and why the previous person gave me wrong info 'our system got problem I can't do anything sorry' never using vpost again

dezire89

Reaction score
Never ever ever ever use vPost, simply the worst. Their customer service is rubbish, I called 3 time (24 hour gap), telling them I want to speak to their manager, all 3 assured me I will get a respond within 24 hour. Long story short, still the same, NON of the manager call back.

Singpost / vPost, wake up your bloody idea.

I swear this is the last time I'm gonna use vPost!

ITGamer

Reaction score
VPost for Useless Dumbass!

Recently ordered Gaming and Streaming devices from VPost4U, the delivery itself was not told upfront that it would take more than 15 working days!!! It is revealed only after you have made the payment. I would have rather had a second thoughts before making the order.
The corporate website is primitive for feedback, vPost4u has a non-existent package delivery tracking, the My tracking page is useless and you might have to call up the Customer care the know the actual status if you are lucky to pass through the endless announcement services before you reach up to the customer service executive.
Worst thing they do not deliver any packages on Saturday and Sunday, this is freaking kidding in this times when DHL/FedEx, etc are competing for a quick deliveries of customer packages.
I've rarely written a negative review, but am sick of this because I was not revealed of delivery time before placing my order
vPost service is basically useless and am never gonna use that service again
You are better off to use a reliable global service like DHL/FedEx/UPS than use this service, to know exactly where your package is or useless infinite messages on their toll free line.
Whatever current system they have is useless primitive thinking, where customers are at the mercy of what they delivery

Oddside

Reaction score
vPost will kill your health.

vPost confirmed to provide terribly intransparent services and support with no care about what's actually the problem, just answers by the book.

My story: I had to pay twice the shipping costs and GST because their package bundling does not work properly.

Question: Why can vPost not simply use the original IDs? Why does it take 2 days to record successful deliveries on vpost website? Why would the support not try to listen and understand? Or why are they not willing to stop a shipment NOT sent OUT of their warehouse yet to consolidate?

Story:
a) One parcel was added too late to the shopping cart in vPost. (2 DAYS after FedEx and the merchant had confirmed its successful delivery in the vPost warehouse!) As a result, there was a mix-up in declaration.
b) The mix-up occured because SingPost/vPost introduces their own tracking IDs which do not match with FedEx and UPS. (By the way, the SingPost IDs look like credit card numbers and thus are censored in queries on the amazon website.) You can only tell by the merchant name who sent what. What if you had several packages sent from the same merchant? What if FedEx tells you it's in, but vPost does not record the entry? You have a problem with vPost.
c) When I tried to put everything back in transit before the first incomplete package was shipped, vPost support would not even try to understand. ( Something like Oh, they are all in the warehouse. No, they are right there. Oh, they are already in transit to Singapore. We cannot send parcels back to the merchant. There's also a package ID next to the tracking ID. That's what Fedex means, right? We cannot help you. No supervisor is available. Can you get a call back?) Promised to receive a call back, I only received an email from the manager repeating the misunderstandings.)

Oh, by the way, listening a whole 50 seconds to some SingPost announcement before you can call for vPost is awful. Worse, if you get kicked out of the calls several times. Last but not least, they do not do repackaging, either. But that's nothing compared to this incident.

Last edited:

adzforce

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Utterly dissapointed with vPOST

Before I start, I would urge those who are intending to use vPOST service to read through all the negative feedback in previous post/thread before engaging vPOST.

Even though, I have read numerous negative feedback on vPOST, I decided to proceed with their vShop4U service as it is very convenient. I have submitted a few links from amazon.com via vShop4U for vPOST to quote on the total price of the item including shipping. I have proceeded to make payment on 19/12/2013 for 2 items including shipping got even though one of the item chargeable weight they have quoted is at least double the weight stated by the seller on amazon.com.

On 20/12/2013, I received an email from vPOST stating that a refund was successful for 1 of the item which I did not even request! Prior to this email, no call or email was send to me with regards to the cancellation of my item and refund (no customer service at all).

Since my agreement with vPOST as stated on the invoice was made on 2 items and they cancelled my item without me acknowledging it, I decide to call them up to cancelled the second item today, 21/12/2013.

Yogesh (who claims to be the in charge) attended to me. Check with Yogesh on the reason for the cancellation and he said that the seller has run out of stock (note that Yogesh mentioned that after we submit the link thru vShop4U, they will check on the availability of the item with the seller). Confirm with Yogesh if the invoice is an agreement (he said yes initially) and that our agreement was made on 2 items. Now that the agreement was not fulfilled, I want to cancel my 2nd item althogeth but all I get is “Sir, I can’t cancel the order once payment is made. There is nothing I can do.” (why do they have an in-charge who can’t do anything?). Requested to speak to his manager since nothing can be done on his end but there is no manager working on weekends (such a big company with an in charge who claims that he could not do anything and without anyone that has any authority).

Now I am awaiting for his manager to callback but I am sure he would say the same thing. I am thinking of paying $26 + $10 engaging CASE to settle this issue even thought my 2nd item is only $40 as I feel that this is not the right way to do

Last edited:

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
Before I start, I would urge those who are intending to use vPOST service to read through all the negative feedback in previous post/thread before engaging vPOST.

Even though, I have read numerous negative feedback on vPOST, I decided to proceed with their vShop4U service as it is very convenient.

That was your mistake there bro.. Anyway if v post is not helpful, just do a chargeback on your credit ard.

simonevaz

Reaction score
Borderlinx

Borderlinx is crap. Their customer service staff are not knowledgeable and give you different information/ misinformation. I have spent 2 hours on a chat typing the same questions over and over until I got a response - and even then, it was the wrong response. I have provided the information they asked for several times and then finally they tell me that I should only provide the information AFTER the parcel is delivered. So - why ask for it, and why not tell me to get in touch after the parcel is delivered? The customer service chatline staff take forever to answer questions - so they are either looking up the answer or they are sleeping on the job.

So it was wasted time. And the finishing touch - the link to their customer satisfaction survey did not work.

AVOID Borderlinx. vPost has got issues too, but at least for me, they are in Singapore, and there are live people to phone and talk to. Incompetence can be dealt with via a letter to the SingPost CEO. Borderlinx - forget it. Everything goes into a black hole and complaints about poor service do not get dealt with. I'd rather pay more and get a hassle free service than waste my time with idiots.

onlyinUSA

Reaction score
Anyone still using Borderlinx these days? What happens when my shipment exceeds S$500 in value?

jace88

Reaction score
Anyone still using Borderlinx these days? What happens when my shipment exceeds S$500 in value?

Tempted to given their website looks quite professional (I know it's not the most important factor but compared to say gshipexpress?)... and there seems to be some kind of Citibank promo.

Yewcheong

Reaction score
Tempted to given their website looks quite professional (I know it's not the most important factor but compared to say gshipexpress?)... and there seems to be some kind of Citibank promo.

I used gshipexpress for my recent shipment and I think it is highly recommended. Website looks decent to me though. (Not looking for professional website to judge its services.)

Was quite impressed with their delivery speed. I got my US shipment within 2 days. Even faster than those that I used previously (CGW, Vpost, borderlinux)
And cost of shipping is much lower for gshipexpress.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used gshipexpress for my recent shipment and I think it is highly recommended. Website looks decent to me though. (Not looking for professional website to judge its services.)

Was quite impressed with their delivery speed. I got my US shipment within 2 days. Even faster than those that I used previously (CGW, Vpost, borderlinux)
And cost of shipping is much lower for gshipexpress.

gshipexpress from which country wan?

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

most shipment services to/fro usa are crap, except for tenso but that is from japan. vpost is super-crap while borderlinx also crap.

borderlinx link to citibank cc, quite ex and use volumetric weight. u got to watch out for size and amazon tends to anyhow oversize package. also, if u intend to keep in warehouse and send to usa addresses, i was shocked that it is more expensive than to send to sg.

zodiac21

Reaction score
most shipment services to/fro usa are crap, except for tenso but that is from japan. vpost is super-crap while borderlinx also crap.

borderlinx link to citibank cc, quite ex and use volumetric weight. u got to watch out for size and amazon tends to anyhow oversize package. also, if u intend to keep in warehouse and send to usa addresses, i was shocked that it is more expensive than to send to sg.

Bro.. Basically, you have used up almost every services.. haha
Same experience as me. But never hear before tenso.

You should consider gshipexpress as they do free repacking for your oversize amazon package. I use them to ship all my loots. (eg. apparel, shoes, bags and gadgets) Quite happy so far ... as compared to all the other services.

princewenle

Reaction score
Anyone used Vshop4u recently?
How was the services?

Noob question, will it be more cheaper if i hoot from Amazon and warehouse selection is TW?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.