Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

User Review: Vpost vs. Borderlinx

Like Tree3Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #106
Supremacy Member

Oh look, we've been infiltrated by SingPost staff. 3 identical posts, bashing BL and promoting Vpost.

Read the other posts. Vpost has been terrible, and *everyone* says to avoid them. You've been warned. Of all the services I've used, I like BL the best - their only downside is the requirement of a Citibank CC. Their live chat has always been helpful, and even gave me a small discount once to push my carriage price down so I wouldn't incur GST. BL's chat staff are knowledgeable and empowered - I can't say the same for CGW however.

cliffordc

dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #107

Contact

Is there anybody in Management I can contact (email address or phone number) to feedback on the amazing poor service they are providing - basically promises and no action.. plus action on a package lost by SingPost/vPost?
Ayden1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #108
Supremacy Member

Is there anybody in Management I can contact (email address or phone number) to feedback on the amazing poor service they are providing - basically promises and no action.. plus action on a package lost by SingPost/vPost?
www.vpost.com.sg

On the bottom of every page on that site, there is a "Contact Us" link which includes their address, phone number, and a feedback form.

Do you also need help putting on your shoes each morning? I could help you with that for a small fee...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #109
Supremacy Member

Riley0826

Really? Whats with all these employees infiltrating our forums?

MyUS cost for shipping a 10lbs package: USD89.46
Borderlinx cost for shipping the same package: USD41.86
CGW cost for shipping the same package: USD42.20

Basically, the gimmick is in doubling the shipping rate. As such, it would seem you'll almost always pay more with MyUS.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #110
Supremacy Member

I've been reading through everyone's horror stories about vpost and borderlinx for awhile and wanted to recommend myus to you all. They explained how they calculate the shipping cost really well in their blog and they have the lowest cost for doing so.

Length x Width x Height divided by 300 (MyUS DIM Factor) = Dimensional Weight
OR
Length x Width x Height divided by 138 (Other company's DIM Factor) = Dimensional Weight

Example: A 10 x 12 x 15 box that has an actual scale weight of 3lbs. actually has a DIM weight of 6lbs. Because the DIM weight is greater than the actual scale weight, the delivery carrier through MyUS will charge 6lbs. for shipping your package. If you were to use Borderlinx or vPost, they'd charge you 13lbs for the same package.
No matter how vPost and Borderlinx suck, they are way better than MyUS.

For starters, they are way more affordable than MyUS. Wanna talk about competition? Price your services more in line with what most consumers are willing to accept.

I have not even started mentioning about how negative reviews are about MyUS.
jazdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #111

Anyone try asking borderlinx to change total goods value? How do u calculate ship cost include fuel charge. Parcel est size 16"x16"x10"
tingyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #112

Dear Ayden1977, can you send us your details e.g. VP number for us to contact you. Thank you.
CS SingPost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #113
Arch-Supremacy Member

Use Borderlinx at your own risk. My own experience - Live Chat person polite but hapless. So far, ALL emails receive one and only one reply - the automated one. Delivered items are updated erratically. The reported weights that you are charged are more than 200% above the actual weight. And Missing items! Don't take my word for it ... check out their own Facebook page, others have reported the same problems as me - just that I am unlucky and experience it all!

I have used vPost which I find much better compared to BL - they reply their emails, packages that are delivered are updated within 12 hours. Overall, not terribly fast but vPost is steady, and honest!
had always had good/fair experience with borderlinx until this time. confused the various items in my suite, 5 enquiries made, 2 offline, 3 online and thrice they told me will reply in 24hrs. never done. drag on over a week and dunno if they will drag over the 2nd weekend. obviously the person at the warehouse not doing his job and only bother to check one item out of three (and which is not just wrong, but alternating wrong). had he checked all 3 items, then any lapses would be obvious and rectified.

other problems with borderlinx

they do not work over weekend, much like most other companies. but inconsistent delivery. if u release item at 1am of friday, they may be send on fri pm if u r lucky, or even on tues even if u paid for expedited delivery and unlucky.

but singpost lagi worst. numerous times they fail to deliver, sometimes there will be a letter put outside, sometimes there isn't. what is unforgivable is, u can't arrange to have it redelivered the next day, it had to be the day after next. obvious policy flaw and practice failure.

Be Kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Peekture taken at Dubrovnik, Croatia
zoossh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #114

Anyone try asking borderlinx to change total goods value? How do u calculate ship cost include fuel charge. Parcel est size 16"x16"x10"
they have an online calculator for you to key in all info and it will give an estimate of shipping cost
correctscore2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #115

Borderlinx is confirmed to be a scam. I ordered several items and to my horror they charge shipping for each item individually instead of as a single consolidated package. Comgateway charge for everything one time. Now my shipping cost is ten times as much. So next, I asked for a return and they say i need to pay them $35 just for UPS to pick up from borderlinx. I was like what?!
Nevermind, I paid up and then they became silent. Payment made, items at their location suddenly lost and returns not made...
Can someone tell me Borderlinx is not a scam....
you should have read up the the norm for borderlinx... never state they will consolidate for you in the first place... sorry!
correctscore2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #116

just had problems with vpost. 9kg package but 31kg volumetric. I'm sure amazon packed a box in a box due to multiple packages. Vpost advertised on their website any difference of 3kg will be repacked but this was not done and you can't execute that instruction online.
playfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #117

just had problems with vpost. 9kg package but 31kg volumetric. I'm sure amazon packed a box in a box due to multiple packages. Vpost advertised on their website any difference of 3kg will be repacked but this was not done and you can't execute that instruction online.
update to service levels in Vpost.

1. They only send you emails and do not call you to inform you when you log cases with them.
2. After talking to 3 CSRs and emails from 4 CSRs issue still not resolved.
3. Apparently they have internal process for SG to do APPROVALS for repackaging so the "repackage if difference of 3kg" on their FAQ is highly doubtful. suspect this is to prevent revenue leakage.
4. after 2.5 weeks my package is still in US and i got an email for "make payment or you will be served storage charges"
5. They sent me a picture of my package with a small box in a large box and CSR told me in the email they cannot repack. I had to call and ask the CSR "what do you see in the picture, do i need that stuffing paper in between the boxes?" before she agreed to trigger off approval process for repackaging.
6. One of the CSR told me on phone they do not do repacking for single shipment cos the system doesnt support. suspect i m being smoked by that one...

hope this feedback helps other bros decide which service to use in future.

To add on during my last package (shared with my dude cos he was shipping stuff), the vpost guy asked my fren to come to his house collect in Pasir Ris meaning they actually take your packages home... not sure if that is SOP or just a single exceptional case!!
playfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #118
Master Member

Probably vpost staff posting positive comments here. Just google vpost complaints, inefficient and missing parcels. The truth is out there. Everyone knows vpost is the one of the worst reshipping coy managed by foreign workers. Customer service rep only give copy and pasted answers. Never use Vpost service unless u wanna regret.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #119

i am not so experienced in intentional purchases but the moment i read that vPost DOES NOT provide physical consolidations of packages...i just clicked the "X" on my vPOST tab in my browser...becos _|_ the lazy FTs in there...

i don't care about that generalisation

No results, no talk...and the very last time, SpeedPost dared to delay my industry cert...asking for it only...
Sil3ncer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #120
Supremacy Member

Probably vpost staff posting positive comments here. Just google vpost complaints, inefficient and missing parcels. The truth is out there. Everyone knows vpost is the one of the worst reshipping coy managed by foreign workers. Customer service rep only give copy and pasted answers. Never use Vpost service unless u wanna regret.
Thanks! I'll go with BL.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.