Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

TopCat_52

Master Member
Reaction score
after reading all the reviews here i decided to give cgw a try.. but after blindly sending multiple items alr i realise that CGW actually physically OPEN and take the invoice from inside for customs purposes and molest your items. It unlike vpost where you just foward the email of the invoice from the merchant.

I just switch to CGW for a week alone only but i have sent several packages from AX, RL, BR and AG already totalling >USD1000, which means i incurred USD70 in gst !!!

My average spending on Vpost shipping charges every month is S$700+-, but you can "tweak" abit the prices of your goods so its more like paying for the shipping charge alone than gst.

AND i was cock-eyed though cgw was cheaper when in facts the cgw rates are in USD which works out to be more than vpost for equivalent weight?? Vpost has never lost a single package for me and always deliver within my expectations, just that lately the cso was being extremely anal and strict with regards to the restrictions of items being shipped. I havent yet made payment for my first big consolidation at cgw but im guessing its going to be very exp too. Am i missing something here or else why is cgw so much more favoured?

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Never tried b4.. but their website already stated price. Need registration and member fee also. 1KG is more than double priced the other.

I am now getting into problem with Blinx on a POD. Last month got 3 POD all ok, meet standard. This 4th POD this month problem... Ordered thru their conceige service for item from egg. OK. Arrive at Blinx hub. I have them go ahead ship and next day they generated the DHL tracking#. That was on 14th Jul.
Till today, DHL has not pick up. I called DHL and they said BLINX has not call them to go and pick up. Till now, DHL has only received shipping info. ZZZZZZ Contact their CS, ask whether POD lost, they say no, still at hub and say their supervisor will update in 2-3 business days!!!.. got technical issue... zzzzz -1 for BLINX

BLINX = BORDERLINX?????

rapister

Reaction score
CGW in my opinion is very bad.

yes it is much easier to arrange and consolidate packages compared to vpost because its website is more straightforward. i prefer cgw's interface, usually no need to match which box to which invoice like vpost.

but vpost use singpost's speedpost. it is much slower because delivery is only once a week, but very reliable.

cgw uses DHL. getting the package from US to singapore is always quite fast. but the problem comes after. the local courier will mess it up, deliver in the mornings even though u confirmed that it should be evening... keeps u waiting for courier that never came etc etc. many other problems. and i used EXPRESS even! if u r willing to wait, vpost is quite reliable. at least less worries.

i never used borderlinx as i do not have citibank card.

im now looking for another company that uses anything except DHL. i dont mind it being more costly if i dont have to worry about the package. any recommendations?

undised

Master Member
Reaction score
after reading all the reviews here i decided to give cgw a try.. but after blindly sending multiple items alr i realise that CGW actually physically OPEN and take the invoice from inside for customs purposes and molest your items. It unlike vpost where you just foward the email of the invoice from the merchant.

I just switch to CGW for a week alone only but i have sent several packages from AX, RL, BR and AG already totalling >USD1000, which means i incurred USD70 in gst !!!

My average spending on Vpost shipping charges every month is S$700+-, but you can "tweak" abit the prices of your goods so its more like paying for the shipping charge alone than gst.

AND i was cock-eyed though cgw was cheaper when in facts the cgw rates are in USD which works out to be more than vpost for equivalent weight?? Vpost has never lost a single package for me and always deliver within my expectations, just that lately the cso was being extremely anal and strict with regards to the restrictions of items being shipped. I havent yet made payment for my first big consolidation at cgw but im guessing its going to be very exp too. Am i missing something here or else why is cgw so much more favoured?

you should have read up more, vpost's gst calculations and the other 2 is different, and it is actually more worth it if the consolidation is >SGD 400.

however, vpost tendency to tweak their charges according to their popularity irks me. they have just changed the vol. weight's divisor from 6000 to 5000, besides the addition of the crappy "fuel surcharges" earlier this year.

therefore, vpost is off for me for the time being.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CGW in my opinion is very bad.

yes it is much easier to arrange and consolidate packages compared to vpost because its website is more straightforward. i prefer cgw's interface, usually no need to match which box to which invoice like vpost.

but vpost use singpost's speedpost. it is much slower because delivery is only once a week, but very reliable.

cgw uses DHL. getting the package from US to singapore is always quite fast. but the problem comes after. the local courier will mess it up, deliver in the mornings even though u confirmed that it should be evening... keeps u waiting for courier that never came etc etc. many other problems. and i used EXPRESS even! if u r willing to wait, vpost is quite reliable. at least less worries.

i never used borderlinx as i do not have citibank card.

im now looking for another company that uses anything except DHL. i dont mind it being more costly if i dont have to worry about the package. any recommendations?

yea, happened to me before too. delivered in the morning when i wasn't around.

but it wasn't that big a problem. all i had to do is give them a call and then delivered again in the afternoon.

the 2nd time, i monitored the package. once it touched down in singapore, i called them to arrange to deliver in afternoon which they did promptly. so everything was great.

all in all, dhl provides great services. you just need to liaise with them.

kwangkwang

Reaction score
hi guys any of u have code or discount for borderlinx

Good luck, your goods may be stuck at their hub for sometime as they are facing iphone 4 issues for the time being. Just go to BL facebook and you will see how angry people in europe are with their service.

Mine stuck for 10 days in US then they pass to DHL. Still don't know why US hub affected by iphone4 in UK.

I just switch over to comgateway. Abit more expensive, abit slower in processing.. but just to tie over this period.

TopCat_52

Master Member
Reaction score
i just made payment for my first CGW shipment. I hereby concur that CGW charges are stupendously expensive due to the molesation of your package to determine the real value of goods, manadatory insuranace charge, and cif calculation. im sticking with my ultra reliable albeit slower vpost

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sticking with CGW... did 5 package with them each time ship abt 25kg of stuff and cost around 250-300. Vpost is no go 4 me lost my package...

TopCat_52

Master Member
Reaction score
CGW can combine package to save money? You didn't do it?

if i combined all my packages i would have incurred usd200 in gst alone

so far 4 years using vpost they never lost anything for me. Regular delivery 1 week later. Only thing is the customer service really really really cmi when you need to contact them for something. looks like im going to be vpost top 100 spender for another consecutive year:s13:

kwangkwang

Reaction score
if i combined all my packages i would have incurred usd200 in gst alone

so far 4 years using vpost they never lost anything for me. Regular delivery 1 week later. Only thing is the customer service really really really cmi when you need to contact them for something. looks like im going to be vpost top 100 spender for another consecutive year:s13:

Why not pick your items to ship in a package which is around USD250.
Do it again the next day for another package.

Like what rainbow1112 says, no issue of GST. 8)

CGW also ask you to input cost of item before ship.
I think they also mention they would open to scan the merchant packing list.

Vpost, not for me, 8) Don't want to live 10 days or so in fear.. no tracking at all, a non trackable forwarder they use.

Last edited:

ahbui83

Reaction score
you should have read up more, vpost's gst calculations and the other 2 is different, and it is actually more worth it if the consolidation is >SGD 400.

however, vpost tendency to tweak their charges according to their popularity irks me. they have just changed the vol. weight's divisor from 6000 to 5000, besides the addition of the crappy "fuel surcharges" earlier this year.

therefore, vpost is off for me for the time being.

yes im dame piss off by this change and now they reduced their shipping charge by $1 per kg and vol weight is divided by 5000 instead of 6000 but ultimately its still more expensive because the vol weight increases due to calculation.. They trying to deceive customers...

Last edited:

TopCat_52

Master Member
Reaction score
Why not pick your items to ship in a package which is around USD250.
Do it again the next day for another package.

Like what rainbow1112 says, no issue of GST. 8)

CGW also ask you to input cost of item before ship.
I think they also mention they would open to scan the merchant packing list.

Vpost, not for me, 8) Don't want to live 10 days or so in fear.. no tracking at all, a non trackable forwarder they use.

yup thats wat i did seperate into several shipments. i email and also asked in live chat they do open your packages. from the "my account" u can see they scanned the real invoice from inside the package also.

oh well, i guess vpost is for those who wan slow and reliable, whereas cgw is very fast

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
yup thats wat i did seperate into several shipments. i email and also asked in live chat they do open your packages. from the "my account" u can see they scanned the real invoice from inside the package also.

oh well, i guess vpost is for those who wan slow and reliable, whereas cgw is very fast

i think vpost is not reliable. read abt lost parcels etc and missing for wks kind of issue. dont think i want to try that

i am thinking of giving cgw a try but looking at the issue , i think i shall stay with borderlinx

i found out abt EZPZ express but i didnt see any reviews abt them. only know they have some tie up with DBS posb bank disc... and its by 1m3 dimension n ship

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
730317 for 30% off.

Basket, Borderlinx also now adds on a "fuel surcharge". LLST, I still choose borderlinx over Vpost and CGW for better service and faster delivery.

TopCat_52

Master Member
Reaction score
My worst fears came through after first use of Comgateway

i purchased some expensive wax from AG and shipped through Comgateway. Upon receipt i realised inside beatiful box my expensive wax was actually another cheap version which cost 1/4 of the price. I never had a problem with AG after shopping so many times with them which lead me to believe since CGW opens all packages.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.