HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree125Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #3886

I tried comgateway once. I find it expensive too.
jjjasonlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #3887

Ezbuy USA warehouse doesn't operate 24/7 right? What happens when the goods delivered there but warehouse not open? Anyone faces any issue?
Old 19-05-2017, 01:09 AM   #3888
Master Member

buying from a seller located in africa, which agent can help me ship to sg?
Old 23-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #3889

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?
brian1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #3890

i'm buying a pair of shoes from shoes.com.
they have international shipping for usd20, domestic for free.
should i ship direct or to vpost? which method will turn out cheaper?
tangxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #3891

Have anyone tried shipping supplements from the US? Using comgateway, vpost, or borderlinx.
I always found supplements on the prohibited list but strange sites like iherb and vitacost still say they can shipped to SG. I just thought if 3rd party can shipped maybe lower cost.
Tectrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #3892
Master Member

Have anyone tried shipping supplements from the US? Using comgateway, vpost, or borderlinx.
I always found supplements on the prohibited list but strange sites like iherb and vitacost still say they can shipped to SG. I just thought if 3rd party can shipped maybe lower cost.
Yup, I always ship supplements via CGW, no issue.
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 09:52 AM   #3893

has anyone used the vpost economy service yet ?
how many days did it take versus the vpost standard service ?
thanks
senocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #3894

Hi, anyone tried to import power bank from Amazon with vpost before. My HooToo TripMate Titan is stuck in vpost warehouse in US. Need advice and help from kind soul here!
PGguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #3895

Angry Borderlinx - horrible, refused to repack my shipment

I'll just let pictures do most of the explanation.

1) Box was too large for the contents (that's Amazon's fault, heh)
2) Usually, forwarders will help cut down the outer box (done so very often, with ComGateWay)
3) Borderlinx refused to repack/cut-down my box, despite my email request to check again
4) Got charged an EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE fee for shipping a huge box with lots of air
5) Bonus: You can tell that my poor hard disk has been "swimming" around in a big empty box. bad for harddisks.

I've stopped using Borderlinx for many years, after I felt CGW had much better service. Trying Borderlinx again because of the 20% discount. BAD MISTAKE.
felali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 03:46 AM   #3896

[QUOTE]
[...]
I've stopped using Borderlinx for many years, after I felt CGW had much better service. Trying Borderlinx again because of the 20% discount. BAD MISTAKE.
Wow, what a rip off. But Borderlinx has ripped me off as well and rejected repacking clothes...

I still don't understand why you guys are not using ShopAndShip. In your example, 3.5kg shipment would cost you the total of S$45. I have no physical ability to test it out in Singapore, since I moved to Dubai (where I discovered S&S since it is UAE company), but this is what I would be using in SG too.

S&S doesn't charge by volumetric weight but by physical (real) weight. Lifetime membership cost US$45 but you can get it for free with the coupons located here.

Please check S&S rates here, details below:

Singapore:

Rates from S&S origins (China, South Africa, Turkey, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan and Lebanon) are SGD 22.00 for the first 0.5 kg and SGD 8.00 for each additional 0.5 kg.
Rates from S&S origins (USA, UK, Hong Kong, UAE, India, Malaysia and Thailand) are SGD 15.00 for the first 0.5 kg and SGD 5.00 for each additional 0.5 kg.
Seriously, is vPost or CGW cheaper than that?
The only S&S con is that they do not offer consolidation. Delivery is by Aramex courier.

Last edited by stiwipl; 23-07-2017 at 03:52 AM..
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #3897

[QUOTE=stiwipl;109346553]

Wow, what a rip off. But Borderlinx has ripped me off as well and rejected repacking clothes...

I still don't understand why you guys are not using ShopAndShip. In your example, 3.5kg shipment would cost you the total of S$45. I have no physical ability to test it out in Singapore, since I moved to Dubai (where I discovered S&S since it is UAE company), but this is what I would be using in SG too.

S&S doesn't charge by volumetric weight but by physical (real) weight. Lifetime membership cost US$45 but you can get it for free with the coupons located here.

The only S&S con is that they do not offer consolidation. Delivery is by Aramex courier.
Registered an account, thank you!

I'll need to try it out to see first. I recently shipped a harddisk from Amazon via CGW, for around US$18 (1KG). The good thing was that it arrived really quickly, and I have a great relationship with the DHL guy who serves my area.

Will take time to use and try. I also have accounts with 2 other forwarders, too lazy and risk averse to try at the moment.
felali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #3898
Master Member

[QUOTE=stiwipl;109346553]

ezbuy is cheaper. It's good alternative if you buy in places not supported by ezbuy. Actually there is a cheaper alternative with good options, but I can't remember the website right now. Most importantly signup is free.

Last edited by CyberMew; 24-07-2017 at 10:23 AM..
CyberMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #3899

ezbuy is cheaper. It's good alternative if you buy in places not supported by ezbuy. Actually there is a cheaper alternative with good options, but I can't remember the website right now. Most importantly signup is free.
It may be cheaper, but they charge by volumetric weight, not real weight like ShopAndShip. Beside with S&S you get addresses in 22 countries. Sign up is free with S&S with promo codes I gave above.
stiwipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #3900
Master Member

Hard to compare S&S and CGW, since CGW is using DHL/Fedex compared to S&S that is using Aramex. Different service level and shipping time. Personally, I prefer DHL. DHL is the best in SG at least.

Comparing just the rates, CGW rates fluctuates from our perspective, since their rates are in USD compared to SGD for S&S.

In addition, I noticed S&S warehouse in US is in NYC. NY is not a tax-free state, unlike CGW's warehouse in Oregon which is a tax-free state.

Last edited by batboyz; 11-08-2017 at 03:41 PM..
batboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.