HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #3901

Has anyone tried Vshop4u?

I'm tryin to ship 3 stethoscopes from a USA website, and I've never tried any parcel forwarding services before, but I'm rly quite hesitant to use Vpost or any of the other services after reading all these nightmare reviews...

Has anyone tried vshop4u before? It's run by vpost, where they'll help me buy the item from the website I want and handle everything. They claim that they'll give me an "all-inclusive, guaranteed price quote" (which im assuming includes delivery to singapore), but how can they give me a quote if they don't even know how heavy or large my parcel is? What if they rip me off and demand further payment for delivery after I pay for my stethoscopes (via vshop4u)?

Edit: I looked at some other threads and saw that ppl recommended gshipexpress cos it's more reliable, have any of you tried it before?

Last edited by inspirit; 29-08-2017 at 11:35 AM..
inspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #3902

Shipping from jackspade

Hi,

I am trying to acquire some jackspade item from US and heard from some friends that jackspade does not allow shipping to a proxy address. May I know if these is any forwarder that can do the shipping from us to sg for Jackspade ?
phodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:09 AM   #3903

Process of order - shipment - receiving

Hi,

sorry if this sound too noob. Fact is, ive never sent my online orders through other forwarding companies, but as ill have to "purchase" a couple of ebay items worth USD 1500 each, i was hoping to know what to do to reduce the entire cost involved.

So, are the following the correct steps:-

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc),

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay? how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged?

appreciate your time to provide some guidance.

cheers!
plsoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #3904

Hi,

I have provided my answers to your questions in red. Hope this helps!

Hi,

sorry if this sound too noob. Fact is, ive never sent my online orders through other forwarding companies, but as ill have to "purchase" a couple of ebay items worth USD 1500 each, i was hoping to know what to do to reduce the entire cost involved.

So, are the following the correct steps:-

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc), Yup.

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above. Yup.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay? Yes, they will inform you when the item arrived at their warehouse.how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged? It depends on whether the forwarder provides re-packing service.

appreciate your time to provide some guidance.

cheers!
yongster84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #3905

Hi could anybody help me, i'm trying to ship some spare light bulbs over from Mathmos UK but i got rejected both by Comgateway and Vpost.

Anyone got any lobang how to ship stuff over from UK? Seems like there's a problem with taxes and surcharge with comgateway and vpost...

Really needing those bulbs dearly!
Greenworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #3906
Master Member

Hi could anybody help me, i'm trying to ship some spare light bulbs over from Mathmos UK but i got rejected both by Comgateway and Vpost.

Anyone got any lobang how to ship stuff over from UK? Seems like there's a problem with taxes and surcharge with comgateway and vpost...

Really needing those bulbs dearly!
U got try the vpost UK address? I sent via vpost UK before. Very expensive
hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.