Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

AudiR8

Reaction score
Now Comgateway has a promotion for POSB Everyday card. 10% discount, USD $10 (First time registration) plus free upgrade to Express.

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
I emailed the company Vanns that sells speakers on amazon trying to find out the est. volumetric weight

But they replied they dont ship to freight-forwarding company. How to work around?

======================================================

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we cannot ship to any kind of
freight-forwarding company per our policy. Feel free to call or email if you
have more questions.

Thanks,

Drew

is amazon doing the shipping or Vanns? if it is amazon, I'm sure its fine sending to CGW. So far my orders from Amazon have no issue sending to CGW, just made another order this morning too. ;)
Well just inquire how big is the volumetric weight if you are ordering to a normal US address.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is amazon doing the shipping or Vanns? if it is amazon, I'm sure its fine sending to CGW. So far my orders from Amazon have no issue sending to CGW, just made another order this morning too. ;)
Well just inquire how big is the volumetric weight if you are ordering to a normal US address.

amazon site said "Ships from and sold by Vann's"

wonder does that mean from amazon or Vann's :s11:

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
amazon site said "Ships from and sold by Vann's"

wonder does that mean from amazon or Vann's :s11:

oh, should be from Vann's then. no experience on that then.
I did managed to get something which was not shipped by Amazon but as I did not contact the company, I did not know if they ship to freight forwarding company.

guess you could try and risk it? if they don't ship, most likely they will cancel the order and refund you?
If u really want the item, guess you could use CGW buyforme service.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, should be from Vann's then. no experience on that then.
I did managed to get something which was not shipped by Amazon but as I did not contact the company, I did not know if they ship to freight forwarding company.

guess you could try and risk it? if they don't ship, most likely they will cancel the order and refund you?
If u really want the item, guess you could use CGW buyforme service.

Vanns said they only ship to residential address ... wahalo
wonder that CGW US address is considered residential :D
gona contact CGW

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone using borderlessbuy?
Looks like from Amex but is it the same or better with special privilege?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

soeyism

Reaction score
this myUS.com is not free too
basic member is $10 iirc

once the parcel reached their warehouse, u need to shipped immediately theres not free storage for xx days

these 2 reasons are good enough for me to skip them

so far i am happy with cgw and borderlinx i used them frequently

cgw services is very good as i use their buyforme services before, and they revert to my mail pretty fast and solve my problem when the shop send me a different item

used vpost once, service is bad
no more business for them

btw do share discount codes here, sometimes borderlinx have it

hth

soeyism

Reaction score
I emailed the company Vanns that sells speakers on amazon trying to find out the est. volumetric weight

But they replied they dont ship to freight-forwarding company. How to work around?

======================================================

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we cannot ship to any kind of
freight-forwarding company per our policy. Feel free to call or email if you
have more questions.

Thanks,

Drew

i don think is a problem

usually at amazon, it states shipped and sold by xxx fulfilled by amazon

if it doesnt ship just get a refund, no lost

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
what url for borderlessbuy?
may i know estimated delivery if using comgateway? anyone using comgateway?

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
can anyone reply me, i nvr use cgw. so overall experience, cgw better than borderlinx right? i wanna try cgw.

alxlxla

Reaction score
how about priority tag??? Any reviews on that??

Yes. I just tried them last month....let me give a reivew
Bro, you can try since they give $15 discount for first use..
I end up paying about only $10 sing for DHL express shipping for a 1.8 lbs item! LOL :s12: (original price i was quoted for about $25 sing), somemore you have i think 2 weeks to consolidate more items? really good.. I earn!!!

Ship on 10 may, reached on 13 May Sunday (with tracking),
the best thing is that they have local team in singapore, they called me up to arrange an appointment to delivery to me once reached singapore (unlike vpost) so I can arrange for someone to be at home... Courier came on time, package arrived without surprises.

anyway I have shipped more stuff (slightly more expensive stuff) on this coming 10th to enjoy another promotion of theirs... hope they are consistent in their services ! :D will update if you want...

you should try while the discount is still valid... LOL

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what url for borderlessbuy?
may i know estimated delivery if using comgateway? anyone using comgateway?

www.comgateway.com/borderlessbuys/

can anyone reply me, i nvr use cgw. so overall experience, cgw better than borderlinx right? i wanna try cgw.

both quite similar, since both uses DHL. CGW offers repacking services, BDL doesn't. But that's only useful if the item is packed in a grossly oversized shipping box. BDL has occasional discount code, CGW has CGW dollars (sort of a discount scheme), so pretty similar there too.

Oh, CGW uses a Oregon address, thus 0% sales tax when you make purchases. BDL uses an Ohio address, which for some merchants, will incur a 5.5% sales tax (or thereabouts).

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I've shipped subwoofer direct from US mfg before, their shipping price is way lower than CGX/BD/VP. If you read the discussions in local AV forums, you'll realise that most people ship hifi direct from manufacturer.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've shipped subwoofer direct from US mfg before, their shipping price is way lower than CGX/BD/VP. If you read the discussions in local AV forums, you'll realise that most people ship hifi direct from manufacturer.

only if the manufacturer provides that service
dont think mirage sell online
and Vann's only ship within US

Last edited:

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cgw services is very good as i use their buyforme services before, and they revert to my mail pretty fast and solve my problem when the shop send me a different item

cgw advised me to use their BuyForMe service to get the speakers.
So they must have another "residential" address for Vann's to deliver to. :s8:

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
go CGW la, most reliable so far... no joke, see all my post, GPGT... just dont ship big items... or sure tio pwnz big time... small items are ok.... much better than those Vpost or singpost crap

kayden

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am currently a student from Singapore studying in the US, and am back in Singapore brainstorming ideas for a small startup. From the posts above, I have gathered that some opportunities lie for me to build a credible competitor in the area of concierge services--much like CGW's buyforme--that will make it cheaper for Singaporeans to buy products on websites that require a US billing address.

However, I will need suggestions and feedback from people who frequently shop online in US marketplaces to produce a consumer-centric business model.

There are mainly 2 points I would seek feedback/suggestion on:

1. How much would you pay for such services? Does CGW charge 10% in USD?
2. How would you prefer to send your orders to a concierge service? I was thinking screenshots for now, until I have enough capital to employ someone who could do it over screenshare in real time.

Thanks for your valuable feedback! It will go a long way in making online shopping cheaper for Singaporeans:)

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. How much would you pay for such services? Does CGW charge 10% in USD?

From the Borderlinx FAQ:
FAQS

Is the concierge service extended to me?

Yes, with your Borderlinx account number you may access the Concierge Service at no extra cost!

Is there a concierge service fee?

No the concierge service is free and provided as part of your Globeshopper service.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.