Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
..I've used DHL (CGW) and they sometimes split shipments too into batches. Regarding the delivery speed of the first 2 parcels, it is actually comparable to comgateway standard service. In terms of no follow up regarding the package, that is what worries me too about vpost since their online tracking is not real time.

Yea. For vPost, it's all fine and dandy if everything goes well but if there is a cockup somewhere along the way, that's where it's such a pain in the ass to try and resolve it through them.

To me i choose vpost. Sooo much cheaper. CGW overcharged like mad. Had 4 package weighing (actual & vol): 0.15, 0.54, 0.49 and 0.17kg. But they charged me 0.5, 1, 0.5 and 0.5 kg. Which means they charged me 2.5kg but the actual weigh of my stuff is only 1.35kg. They over charged me by 1 kg meaning I have to pay extra ~USD$5++. Whereelse if you use vpost the min charge is 0.5kg and after that they charge by 0.1kg. And they always have 15%. $20 off for first time customer. Cheap and good. Used all the time but ichy backside go change to CGW.

You are right to point out that the rates charged by CGW are kinda ridiculous since they round up every weight to the nearest higher number (example: 0.51kg = 1kg).

It's always a choice (or struggle) between getting a more affordable forwarder with appalling service standards (vPost) and getting a more expensive forwarder providing better service (CGW or Borderlinx). It all boils down to what the consumer wants - cost or service.

Last edited:

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I should have known better than to use Vpost again. I have been using CGW for a no. of shipments but for this recent shipment, i had no alternative as CGW's shipping address was blacklisted by the merchant. :(

why do merchant blacklist CGW?

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, good for u. Keep using Vpost and if they do mess up your delivery just once, u may have to cough out a whole lot more than whatever savings u've accumulated. Unless of course, your time is free.

To me i choose vpost. Sooo much cheaper. CGW overcharged like mad. Had 4 package weighing (actual & vol): 0.15, 0.54, 0.49 and 0.17kg. But they charged me 0.5, 1, 0.5 and 0.5 kg. Which means they charged me 2.5kg but the actual weigh of my stuff is only 1.35kg. They over charged me by 1 kg meaning I have to pay extra ~USD$5++. Whereelse if you use vpost the min charge is 0.5kg and after that they charge by 0.1kg. And they always have 15%. $20 off for first time customer. Cheap and good. Used all the time but ichy backside go change to CGW.

maritime

Reaction score

If you use hopshopgo, you always get 10% discount for using paypal and if you're a prime member you get cheaper rate + additional 7% cashback. For me, I would pay the extra $6++. I think it as an insurance since most of my parcels are above S$60, which is what vpost give if the parcel is lost and you don't pay insurance. Price of vpost insurance is around S$18 / package.

cactusz

Reaction score
Someone tell me how Borderlinx can overcharge so much?

Fedex shipping to borderlinx US address shows 3.6kg. Now it arrived and borderlinx website update shows 9.21kg??

micey84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fedex shipping to borderlinx US address shows 3.6kg. Now it arrived and borderlinx website update shows 9.21kg??

US internal ground shipping uses actual weight of the goods whereas international shipping uses volumetric weight. The stuff you bought might have a big packaging which adds to the volumetric weight.

f4rt3d

Reaction score
i wish to buy an ipod touch from apple.com US at USD249. CGW or Borderlinx would be better ? Any advice ?

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

50% more already jialat
>250% cannot accept lah

maritime

Reaction score
I know that you need to pay gst if your total package is above S$400, what if I send 2 S$300 packages on the same day, do I need to pay GST? or are they considered separate? By the way I'm using CGW. Thanks.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I know that you need to pay gst if your total package is above S$400, what if I send 2 S$300 packages on the same day, do I need to pay GST? or are they considered separate? By the way I'm using CGW. Thanks.

do u split at cgw. if yes then no need to pay
if no u must pay

dao

Reaction score
Do you guys have this delay shipment in comgateway?

When you send the shipping order to them on July 12 01:30am, selecting Standard shipping method, they will not ship out immediately. They will delay till next week then they ship out. The actual shipping time (from the moment shipment starts with tracking number to reaching you) is probably only 3 days. But since you select Standard Shipping Method which is 6-8 working days (Express is 3-5 working days), they have the liberty to slot you into whatever available space in their container.

Do you have this problem with Vpost or Borderlinx?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have this delay shipment in comgateway?

When you send the shipping order to them on July 12 01:30am, selecting Standard shipping method, they will not ship out immediately. They will delay till next week then they ship out. The actual shipping time (from the moment shipment starts with tracking number to reaching you) is probably only 3 days. But since you select Standard Shipping Method which is 6-8 working days (Express is 3-5 working days), they have the liberty to slot you into whatever available space in their container.

Do you have this problem with Vpost or Borderlinx?

It's normal. Time taken for a DHL AWB to be generated by CGW can vary between 2 to 6 working days for standard shipping. They can be fast but they can be very slow too.

For vPost, my experience tells me that they make 2 shipments every week from the US (start and end of every work week), so depending on when you instruct them to ship, it can take up to 2-3 working days for your shipment to be effected.

Not updated enough with Borderlinx to advise as I have stopped using them for quite sometime already.

blade007

Master Member
Reaction score
priority tag

Just received my items from priority tag. Overall experience is not too bad just that insurance cost is quite expensive so I did not actually pay for that as my items are not that expensive.
The 1st time $15 promotion is really good as I only paid half the price =D

As for the downside, the local courier was slightly late, as appointment is 2~5pm but he came at 5.40pm. Was charged an extra $3 due to storage charges as their free storage is only 21 days.

Pros:
Low price
Good promotion (1st time)
Prompt with local contact

Cons:
Expensive insurance
Late courier (not sure if it is a one time thing but I still feel this is acceptable)
short free storage period (21days). I get 60days from CGW.

Overall not a bad experience. Will consider for next shipment/s

dao

Reaction score
I do a quick shipping cost calculation. It seems that priority tag is more expensive (without the 1st time $15 promo) than CGW. Is that right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.